• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Road to Leadeboards slowed down with only +50 in six games todays. I'm also feeling like i'm actually getting worse, time to stop playing for a while maybe.

EDIT: medusa mom is secretly broken guys. Not secretly, like totally. Ulti-> mom->win game. Retarded combo. You also farm super fast with it and kill people ez left and right.

Ketch

Road to Leadeboards slowed down with only +50 in six games todays. I'm also feeling like i'm actually getting worse, time to stop playing for a while maybe.

EDIT: medusa mom is secretly broken guys. Not secretly, like totally. Ulti-> mom->win game. Retarded combo. You also farm super fast with it and kill people ez left and right.

I'm going to try this.

Shengar

How's your ping on USE and USW? and mmr?

300 for west, and 500 for east. Because the difference is quite high, I only queue in USW though, which makes it quite longer to take (about 3 or 5 minutes of waiting). Despite the high ping I never suffered from any lag (mostly disconnect but that because my modem trying to make fun of me). What is mmr?
I would be totally psyched for a prophet to build aura and just be a mega farmed support allowing the other supports to go greed/damage items. That would be cool. Too bad it's midas/shadowblade/deso/mjolnir and then they blow up in team fights b/c they have 1000 hp.
The biggest wouldn't be that. NP farming in jungle, leaving your melee hero to solo a lane against a ranged hero and/or melee carry being babysit by one, that IS the fucking problem with idiots who playing NP.

inkls

300 for west, and 500 for east. Because the difference is quite high, I only queue in USW though, which makes it quite longer to take (about 3 or 5 minutes of waiting). Despite the high ping I never suffered from any lag (mostly disconnect but that because my modem trying to make fun of me). What is mmr?

Just asking, I can get 150 max in USW, should try playing together. steam id same as gaf id.

MMr is the number you get when you play ranked (if you have). Its near your name on your player profile.

Aselith

The biggest wouldn't be that. NP farming in jungle, leaving your melee hero to solo a lane against a ranged hero and/or melee carry being babysit by one, that IS the fucking problem with idiots who playing NP.

Obviously this is NP's fault and not the fault of the person who picked a melee hero to offlane solo.

Ties

Banned
Just asking, I can get 150 max in USW, should try playing together. steam id same as gaf id.

MMr is the number you get when you play ranked (if you have). Its near your name on your player profile.
o yiss time to support another player

when im back from vacation

inkls

Love playing enigma, really enjoy playing supports you can get kills with.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/712447473 we had the stereotypical pudge mid player. Calls GG because we don't have carries (because silencer isn't one apparently), unpaused everytime both team tried pausing for slark who had dc'd and kept spamming "zzz" the only two times I whiffed my ult...

Kept overextending and dying, blames team and "lack of wards" (everyone on our team drw huge circles around the wards that were up lol). Otherwise the game was fun, got a solo double kill on slark and sand king and landed a game winning four man black hole near rosh.

o yiss time to support another player

when im back from vacation

Get a potato and play with us, ez

Shengar

I've yet to try MMR. I'm still prone to screwing up in pub games so don't get your hopes too high.
Obviously this is NP's fault and not the fault of the person who picked a melee hero to offlane solo.
It's not like the person have control who he will ended against. If other lane have same composition, would you still blame the person who picked melee hero while he forced to solo offlane?

Aselith

I've yet to try MMR. I'm still prone to screwing up in pub games so don't get your hopes too high.

It's not like the person have control who he will ended against. If other lane have same composition, would you still blame the person who picked melee hero while he forced to solo offlane?

Yes, you can control how you pick you can't control how other people pick. If NP comes out he's going jungle so you'll need an offlane. Account for it yourself or wait for someone else to pick it. You may not want to but you'll win more games if you do what is needed not what you want.

You don't need to control who you lane against you need to control the comp on the lane you are playing.

blastoise.gif

Q: Hydro Pump - Blasts with a gush of water to damage an enemy unit, reducing their movement speed and armor. Lasts 4 seconds.
W: Iron Defense - Creates a thick armor shell that reduces physical damage and removes negative buffs when damage received reaches a critical threshold. Iron Defense does not stack with items that provide Damage Block.
E: Rapid Spin - Blastoise withdraws into his shell and spins to damage nearby enemies and reduce their base attack damage.
R: Hydro Cannon - Slams the ground, causing water to spout in all directions, damaging and stunning all nearby enemy units.

You know you want it

Shengar

Yes, you can control how you pick you can't control how other people pick. If NP comes out he's going jungle so you'll need an offlane. Account for it yourself or wait for someone else to pick it. You may not want to but you'll win more games if you do what is needed not what you want.

C'mon man, he picked up NP after I picked Abaddon for support. Even if I do a repick and choose ranged support, I'm still screwed because my opponents were Sniper and Venomancer (and the only ranged support I can play is Dazzle and Lion).

Shengar

blastoise.gif

Q: Hydro Pump - Blasts with a gush of water to damage an enemy unit, reducing their movement speed and armor. Lasts 4 seconds.
W: Iron Defense - Creates a thick armor shell that reduces physical damage and removes negative buffs when damage received reaches a critical threshold. Iron Defense does not stack with items that provide Damage Block.
E: Rapid Spin - Blastoise withdraws into his shell and spins to damage nearby enemies and reduce their base attack damage.
R: Hydro Cannon - Slams the ground, causing water to spout in all directions, damaging and stunning all nearby enemy units.

You know you want it

There are Hydro Pump and Hydro Cannon, people will be confused.

Aselith

C'mon man, he picked up NP after I picked Abaddon for support. Even if I do a repick and choose ranged support, I'm still screwed because my opponents were Sniper and Venomancer (and the only ranged support I can play is Dazzle and Lion).

Abbadon doesn't really need much farm. You can sit back and soak xp (which is what offlane should be doing anyways by the by)

Pick yourself a Windu or BH and you should be good if you don't want to be Abba vs two ranged.

There are Hydro Pump and Hydro Cannon, people will be confused.
"Pump" and "Cannon" are easy enough to tell apart. Besides it's not like you hear people screaming for Gush very often.

dragonite.gif

Q: Dragon Breath: Unleashes a breath of fire on enemy units in a line in front of Dragonite.
W: Dragon Tail: Dragonite smacks an enemy unit in melee range with his tail, stunning it while dealing minor damage. When Outraged, the cast range increases to 400.
E: Multiscale: The thick skin of Dragonite improves health regeneration and strengthens armor.
R: Outrage: Dragonite becomes enraged, taking to the sky. Dragonite receives a damage over time buff on his attacks at Lvl 1, a damage over time buff and splash damage at Lvl 2, and splash damage and a frost attack that slows enemy units at Lvl 3.

I'm on a roll here, dammit (also I didn't have to change much so this was easy to come up with). Now I want Dotamon to actually happen

inkls

"Pump" and "Cannon" are easy enough to tell apart. Besides it's not like you hear people screaming for Gush very often.

dragonite.gif

Why not make it so that at lvl 1 you start at the first stage of the pokemon's evolution and each point in ult evolves it. (would apply differently to those who don't have any or have +2 or less).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I would main the shit outta arcanine and houndoom, the de facto two best pokemon. Tyranitar gets the runner up award.

Acinixys

Why not make it so that at lvl 1 you start at the first stage of the pokemon's evolution and each point in ult evolves it. (would apply differently to those who don't have any or have +2 or less).

Cause that Pokemon only has 2

Dratini - Dragonite

Mordeccai

Solo queuing is a fucking joke. Either mid feeds or your carry feeds. E P I C

Solo que sucks, but I find actual feeding pretty rarely. I'd probably have a game where I consider someone feeding once every 10 or so.

But almost every game I have ragers. The last two games I've played, I was flamed to fuck for 'losing my lane' when nobody came to gank my lane or help over 10 minutes while I was constantly shut down. I mean like, relentlessly flamed for a good 15 minutes. Proceeded to carry the team both times.

So much rage in this game. I always tell my team to fight dire/radiant and not us.

Acinixys

I have never met anyone as retarded as this Wraith King in my entire Dota career

He goes offlane with DK and feeds Drow + WL 4 kills in a row, then AFK jungles for the rest of the game, coming out to occasionally feed

OPxiML5.png

Builds: Boots - Valds - Dom Helm - Refresher

We were trying to fight 4v5 all game

So rage inducing

He has 1000+ games so i have no idea how he is so dumb

Aselith

Solo queue mostly and I'll play with people when they invite me but I don't usually invite people to play with me. I'd rather rage at strangers than people I know thank you.

That popped up a question in my head: How do you guys usually play with? Is it solo queue or you won't play unless you have someone else?

Obviously this is more aimed at the non-noobs here, but I'm playing solo, occasionally playing with someone else if they can be bothered to carry me a bit, and twice in a proper party, which is where I've had most fun even though it's had a negative effect on my performance, as I've been put into a higher tier on the ladder.

Hopefully I'll get good enough at some point to feel comfortable asking to team up with others without feeling like I'd be a burden or could make the wrong Hero choice that loses us the game, as the solo tier I'm playing in now has a real lack of communicated teamwork. There's still a bit, but a lot of it is improvised and lucky.

I can easily deal with a failed push or something because we're not coordinated, but it's really annoying when you die because you're in a position to gank, and at the moment you move in for an easy teamkill 1 or more of your teammates retreats. I can't attack them for it because it's down to both of us to plan and execute rather than assume, and I'm sure I've caused a lot of teammate deaths by doing the same thing, and perhaps have done it in the higher-tier matches I've played. But it's something that's easy to spot in a group of 5 randoms, and is hopefully more rare in the higher tier.

Shoutout to Sentient Keyboard who has helped me a lot, along with his party :)

There was one moment where I could tell the team were a bit incredulous as to what I was doing, since I was basically stood still as QoP for ages unsure whether to solo push on bottom, regroup, or jungle, and only got a move on when I was outright told to go and look for someone to attack :D

Also died probably the most stupid death I've had so far when I Blinked right into the middle of like 3 enemies with a fragile QoP, when I had 3 directional ranged Abilities at my disposal, along with the basic attack :(

Vade

I have never met anyone as retarded as this Wraith King in my entire Dota career

He goes offlane with DK and feeds Drow + WL 4 kills in a row, then AFK jungles for the rest of the game, coming out to occasionally feed

Pretty sure that cm was giving you that and more.

Thermite

Solo que sucks, but I find actual feeding pretty rarely. I'd probably have a game where I consider someone feeding once every 10 or so.

But almost every game I have ragers. The last two games I've played, I was flamed to fuck for 'losing my lane' when nobody came to gank my lane or help over 10 minutes while I was constantly shut down. I mean like, relentlessly flamed for a good 15 minutes. Proceeded to carry the team both times.

So much rage in this game. I always tell my team to fight dire/radiant and not us.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/712549905

http://dotabuff.com/matches/712506314

It wasn't intentional feeding like they trying to throw the game, they were just fucking terrible. Makes it extra awesome they were back to back games. :)))

I played a match with Dissonance when I was trying to get a hold of the real basics (intuitive button-presses,) went with Tidehunter as I was told he's great for noobs, and went 0-14. Must have looked like I was feeding on purpose, everything I did was wrong. Item-buying, item-use, positioning, initiating, pushing, defending, ability-order, ability-use. All of it was beyond terrible. Genuinely would have been much more useful if I'd disconnected.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
To get an assist, you have to damage a hero in the last 15 seconds before he died, thats it.

Getting gold from a hero being killed has nothing to do if you get an assist or not. You get gold simply from being alive and within 1300 units of a dying hero.

What are you guys using to make gifs of Dota btw? Oviously Gifcam doesn;t work over a game client, so it needs to be exported first I assume. Stream a replay to Twitch, capture the gif from there?

edit: Cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom