• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHK3

Banned
By the time you max it (level 10) your carry will be close to 16.

Most popular builds in competitive games:
http://i.imgur.com/Ka2R5D9.jpg[IMG]

It is used more and is more successful.[/QUOTE]

I'll say this, don't get your multicast at 6, level it at 7. Leveling it increases the mana cost on fireblast and if you're not spamming an upgraded ignite, then having multicast at 6 is pointless. You're not gonna be casting THAT much more and then having to pray to RNGesus for a multicast that early on, I found simply getting fireblast one level higher for the increase damage is better.

Wok

Well considering the hot theory right now that the steam summer sale got moved up so it didn't clash with TI4, and TF2 is getting a big patch this week so it doesn't clash with that...

I'd disagree.

The sales will start on June 19th and will end on June 30th.

the bar hasn't been set very high when people like Shane get invited.

So far today we learned that Shane, Sheever, Pyrion, Kpoptosis, and Lysander got invited to do stuff there

Sheever confirmed for TI4 casting

*barfs*

I guess that the annoying rhasta guy is next
She has been confirmed as going and being invited. She's gone in the past and hasn't casted.

So you're kind of pulling that out of your ass. But so glad you could hate.
the bar hasn't been set very high when people like Shane get invited.

So far today we learned that Shane, Sheever, Pyrion, Kpoptosis, and Lysander got invited to do stuff there
We don't know if Shane was invited, just that he's going. Remember they could have bought tickets themselves...

Calidor

She has been confirmed as going and being invited. She's gone in the past and hasn't casted.

So you're kind of pulling that out of your ass. But so glad you could hate.

I saw it on reddit though, I don't hate Sheever, she seems a really nice person and pretty too. I just find disgusting her casting

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Daily hero is OD. How you do OD

Keep in mind my mid mmr is like 500

OD is easy to win pubs with unless the other team has a lot of INT heroes or heroes whose recommended build/guides include a BKB. If you can pick him up in a game against a lot of STR/AGI heroes (such as typical 5-carry, shit tier) he can stomp just by outleveling the other team and A-clicking the ground. His right click gets nuts when you start leveling his orb around level 10-11.

In lane, spam prison on your opponent to disrupt his last hits and keep his mana low so he can't cast spells on you.

After you hit 6 gank a side lane if they aren't pushed up as your ultimate can get kills super easy if your team is helping you slay.

His mobility sucks. Don't skip force staff.

I swear streamers should be prohibited from playing Lich on stream. What a drop-dead boring hero to watch and I SWEAR he's the most picked among all streamers I watch.

Madouu

Really, I don't think I've ever seen a lich game on stream.

He's not boring if you're watching out for how a good player positions himself. He can also be played in super clowny mode if you get a good start early on which is usually entertaining.

Really, I don't think I've ever seen a lich game on stream.

He's not boring if you're watching out for how a good player positions himself. He can also be played in super clowny mode if you get a good start early on which is usually entertaining.

Sheever playes him day in day out (if she doesn't play Dazzle), Pyrion is playing him as we speak and Draskyl played him once or twice yesterday too. God, SO BORING.

I was Dragon Knight, and went mid. Opponent was Sniper. I got harassed and couldn't really farm in my lane. Is this the general result of a melee carry vs ranged carry in solo mid lane? Was the mistake me going mid and not switching with someone once I saw that my opponent was Sniper? Should melee carrys not take mid? Or is this disadvantage one that fades away at significantly higher skill levels?

Calidor

I was Dragon Knight, and went mid. Opponent was Sniper. I got harassed and couldn't really farm in my lane. Is this the general result of a melee carry vs ranged carry in solo mid lane? Was the mistake me going mid and not switching with someone once I saw that my opponent was Sniper? Should melee carrys not take mid? Or is this disadvantage one that fades away at significantly higher skill levels?

you ask your supports to smoke mid and get fed from the little bugger (he has no hp and no escape mechanism)

Pratfall

Did you start with a stout shield? Going against sniper as DK can be a bit painful but you mostly want to focus on securing your bottle and then farming with your Q when you can. Once you hit six, see if you can bait sniper into overconfidence and then dragonform stun him when he is out of position and you could get a kill. Just make sure your block is good and try to stay high ground against him.

Did you start with a stout shield? Going against sniper as DK can be a bit painful but you mostly want to focus on securing your bottle and then farming with your Q when you can. Once you hit six, see if you can bait sniper into overconfidence and then dragonform stun him when he is out of position and you could get a kill. Just make sure your block is good and try to stay high ground against him.

I've been using the Valve recommended items. Which I believe is some glove, a clarity, tango, quelling blade, and a stick. Every other recommended item guide I've read doesn't really talk about the bottle for DK. Is that something that mid just gets because of proximity to runes?

you ask your supports to smoke mid and get fed from the little bugger (he has no hp and no escape mechanism)

Ah. I did ask for help at some point. Almost killed the guy but the Lion and I had poor synergy and a language barrier. Then Lion never came back.

You needed a stout shield and harass him out of lane with your Q while also CSing with it. Not that tough a match up tbh. Sniper probably won't go bottle which is why his regen in lane is very limited (usually one set of tangos).

You needed a stout shield and harass him out of lane with your Q while also CSing with it. Not that tough a match up tbh. Sniper probably won't go bottle which is why his regen in lane is very limited (usually one set of tangos).

Just for clarification, is Stout Shield specifically for DK vs ranged carry or is it an item I should pretty much always buy when using DK?

played two games with the same guy on my team somehow.

Second game, "wow rubick you're actually good, the last one i played with was horrible and lost us the game"

:(

Pratfall

Just for clarification, is Stout Shield specifically for DK vs ranged carry or is it an item I should pretty much always buy when using DK?

If you think you will face ranged harass, always get stout. Bottle for DK allows you to spam your fire breath, which as Imp says allows you to both farm creeps and harass the sniper out of lane. You should be able to grab a couple of runes and stay in lane.

On another note, Dark Seer plus Kunkka is pure ownage. It was my first time on DS and landing and vacuum, wall, torrent, boat is nutso. Question about the vacuum, wall combo - do you shift click vacuum after clicking to place your wall? Also, do you center the vacuum right on the wall or do you try to pull the enemy team through the wall?

Razzer

I haven't watched that many pro games for a while besides big stuff like the summit, who is Lysander?

He has been around for at least a year, helping bts a lot, particularly with sea stuff in my experience. Did a bit of solo casting and was more entertaining than most solo casters, he's funny and has pretty good game knowledge (not pro level though). Kind of an all rounder, though some don't like how goofy he is.

He has been around for at least a year, helping bts a lot, particularly with sea stuff in my experience. Did a bit of solo casting and was more entertaining than most solo casters, he's funny and has pretty good game knowledge (not pro level though). Kind of an all rounder, though some don't like how goofy he is.

Any word on his MMR?

JustinBB7

Oh hm, think I might know him then.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Honestly though if people like Kpoptosis, Sheever, Lysander etc. are getting invited then SUNSfan really does deserve an invite. His casting is genuinely better than those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom