• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

This is what happens when I don't carry your sorry ass.

MiGdrzq.jpg

Volodja is the WORST at fantasy league...

I am so depressed over this game sometimes. Like once in a while you get a clearly completely wasted dude that goes for completely ass builds, and there's no END. Not at 4k, not at 4.5k, not at 5k. THERE'S NO END to the trench. IT LAST FOREVERRR

So I don't play ranked, but is there any good writeup that explains why the tiers are the way they are? I can figure out why Batrider is tier 1. Others I dont know enough about the game to see, and would love to see someone analyze the meta.

Bonus points if it analyzes why things dropped a bunch of tiers, or why some stuff is tier 5.

G.ZZZ

So I don't play ranked, but is there any good writeup that explains why the tiers are the way they are? I can figure out why Batrider is tier 1. Others I dont know enough about the game to see, and would love to see someone analyze the meta.

Bonus points if it analyzes why things dropped a bunch of tiers, or why some stuff is tier 5.

Batrider has strong laning, can farm jungle extremely fast if he fall behind in farm, he's an excellent ganker and in teamfights he can isolate an important target and kill him extremely quickly, even if he has bkb.

Bat is batman tier.

shira

BALLAD KIRBY WHAT DO WE GOT

New Gems
Sterling Spectator Gem
Gold Spectator Gem
Player Cards
Player Cards now expire on October 31, 2014.
Fear's Player Card cannot be stamped anymore.
Mason Player Card now replaces that of Fear.
Number of items dropped from Player Card Pack is now 10 from 5.
Dota TV Tickets
Samsung Dota 2 Pro League

Batrider has strong laning, can farm jungle extremely fast if he fall behind in farm, he's an excellent ganker and in teamfights he can isolate an important target and kill him extremely quickly, even if he has bkb.

Bat is batman tier.

Lol, I said I knew why he was tier 1. Even just using him once against bots I was pretty wowed by what he could do.

Now what about the 30 or so other characters?

Randdalf

New Gems
Sterling Spectator Gem
Gold Spectator Gem
Player Cards
Player Cards now expire on October 31, 2014.
Fear's Player Card cannot be stamped anymore.
Mason Player Card now replaces that of Fear.
Number of items dropped from Player Card Pack is now 10 from 5.
Dota TV Tickets
Samsung Dota 2 Pro League

BibleThump

shira

I think Matt posted something that the patch was broken on reddit then deleted it or maybe he was shadow banned for posting again.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Odd, it looks like those new gem types have something to do with the player cards, but I'm not sure if its a random chance to change, or if Valve will let you get multiple sets of cards be better gems, or the gems will change with views.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, you can stamp player cards multiple times now, you likely get the gold and silver gems when you get the sets multiple times.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I hope we get another patch this week because we ain't gotten any new compendium rewards in a good while.

Being able to stamp cards more than once is terrible, that was the quick way (without checking steamep) for telling what I had.

Now it just adds it :(

Shinypogs

Had Tidehunter for my daily, not quite Bristleback levels of fun but it was sort of neat to be able to just smack people while taking next to no damage.

Ketch

Windranger does a deceptively large amount of damage. Just got an ultra kill with her, finishing the last guy through abaddon's shield with her ulti.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/714631598

On a side note, my dota buff is looking really good lately. Forced 50 anyone?

Also, I think diffusal blade might be awesome on WR. She's going to come back into the meta hard.... how about an EG windranger/wraithking combo.

Also Also, I want a stretch goal for a weekly dota podcast featuring pros, casters, and developers.

Chris R

LC items, help! What do I build?

And fuck I hate going mid as her :( no burst dmg to kill and nobody EVER ganks mid in the trench.

Chris R

Blink > Deso is very good if you're doing well and want to do well even more. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=224965073 Try this guide.

Also go gank fools if you're mid. That's what you're there for.

I attempt to gank, only for the other lanes to not stun or help kill :|

I'll try a blink build though, guide I was using in game didn't bring it up (probably due to mana issues before it was changed). I'd just like to go top or bot and leave mid to other heroes :(

Stupid Hero Challenge

NBtoaster

LC items, help! What do I build?

And fuck I hate going mid as her :( no burst dmg to kill and nobody EVER ganks mid in the trench.

If you lane you max the first skill. If you're mid you get a bottle and it's a big nuke you can spam if you catch someone in a creep wave.

Lotto

Was this posted already?

click!

Interesting to see that someone from Riot came over to work at Valve. They even posted on reddit regarding a LoL player's first game of Dota 2 :eek:

Acinixys

Wake up

Roll an SD game

Pick Lycan. Be the wolf at their door. Win in 25 mins

Roll a new daily hero cause i just remembered I can

I roll Lycan

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
No Draskyl at TI4, he wasn't offered any main stage games so turned down their invitation.

To all my supporters
I'd like to take the time to personally thank each and every one of you for helping me get to where I am today. Without you guys, I'd be nothing but another face among a mass of DotA 2 players but because of you I'm able to do what I love for a living. Because of you, I'm able to live a dream.

That is why as hard as it is for me to say, I will not be attending TI this year. I know some of you were looking forward to meeting me and for that I apologize.
I was not given the opportunities I had been prior to this years International and because of that I had to decline Valves invitation to cast the biggest tournament in the history of any E-sport.

This wasn't a decision I took lightly, but I have to stand up for what I think is right and the position that I was given I don't feel is fair to me so I'll have to keep on hoping for another shot next year. (Not really a great excuse for the crappy dota I played earlier, but it was on my mind quite a bit)

As a reminder, this weekend I'll not be able to do sub games due to Dreamhack Summer. Hope to see a couple of you there!
Love, Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom