• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallagin

So my daily hero was drow ranger. I first played a bot match to check her out. Ive played her before, but like once when I was quite scrub. She from my(still pretty scrub) pov is pretty darn good. Fantastic damage and slow, awesome farming capabilities and can push like no ones business. Not to mention the mute. I was basically able to consume my enemies in a real game that ended in 20 minutes(though the other team was a bit bad tbh). Really fun character, but I guess she really isn't a very competitive hero in tournaments.

shira

So my daily hero was drow ranger. I first played a bot match to check her out. Ive played her before, but like once when I was quite scrub. She from my(still pretty scrub) pov is pretty darn good. Fantastic damage and slow, awesome farming capabilities and can push like no ones business. Not to mention the mute. I was basically able to consume my enemies in a real game that ended in 20 minutes(though the other team was a bit bad tbh). Really fun character, but I guess she really isn't a very competitive hero in tournaments.
1230165.gif

izuijmr55Kkx4.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, I really need to get better at Micro on Visage, I just lose track of my familiars half the time in fights. Does not help that the key binds get messed up upon resummoning, I like have each familiar on a separate key but when you summon them they both get put on a single key.

Geez, I really need to get better at Micro on Visage, I just lose track of my familiars half the time in fights. Does not help that the key binds get messed up upon resummoning, I like have each familiar on a separate key but when you summon them they both get put on a single key.

I have this issue with illusions, I usually put my hero in control group 1, but that also includes illusions by default, which I prefer to have on 2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have this issue with illusions, I usually put my hero in control group 1, but that also includes illusions by default, which I prefer to have on 2.

There is a button to just select your hero, have you thought of using that?

And thats another thing that screws my micro, I makes heavy use of double clicking the 'select hero' button, and I often over look that kills my selection of my summons. Scroll the map out a bit, snap back to hero, and realize 5 seconds latter I forgot about the familiars.

Reckoner

Yesterday I did my daily hero challenge with Disruptor. Playing with him the first time and had a tough time against Sniper and Zeus. Not really the best heroes to play against and use the Kinetic Field. Lycan today was cool, as I got more into jungling and micromanaging. I was supporting and pushing more than anything, to be honest.

Long time lurker here, just have a question I hope someone can answer for me. I just turned in all of EG's player cards in my compendium, but I didn't receive a Spectator Gem unlike with the other teams. Does this have to do with Mason's card replacing Fear's?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Long time lurker here, just have a question I hope someone can answer for me. I just turned in all of EG's player cards in my compendium, but I didn't receive a Spectator Gem unlike with the other teams. Does this have to do with Mason's card replacing Fear's?

Likely, yes. I have the EG gem but I finished that team a few days ago.

Yep. You need both. Luckily they're both still easy to find. If you use steamep they don't have a fear spot though so you'll have to go to a trading site (the lounge or something) or the market to pick him up.

Whenever I have to micro I don't use a hotkey for the courier. So 1 is hero and 2 are the familiars.

What's the ultimate wombo combo strat?

Blink into 5-man Blackhole into Burrowstrike into 5-man Epicenter into 5-man Reverse Polarity into 5-man Skewer into 5-man Echo Slam into 5-man Fissure then Void timewalks and catch 5 heroes in a Chronosphere.

Nope. I don't know the answer but would like to know it too so me and my friends can have easy wins in pubs.

dmshaposv

Death Prophet is a fun hero mid. She gets very tanky as the game goes on and you can last hit with your crypt swarm and she has a nasty ult (in a good way for you, bad for the enemy team). She's not very mechanically complex too.

DP needs a good rune to gank lanes tho. Unless ur at a point where people know u need to farm a bit - the "mid no gank noob gg" idiots will start pinging u if u stay too long in lane. This may add pressure on you. But if u bottle up an invis rune and ulti first and then use ur rune - double/triple kill guaranteed in other lanes.

Which is why viper is the eziest mid of ur life. Literally right click and q when attacking hero. Triple A ganker will pubstomp again.

DP needs a good rune to gank lanes tho. Unless ur at a point where people know u need to farm a bit - the "mid no gank noob gg" idiots will start pinging u if u stay too long in lane. This may add pressure on you. But if u bottle up an invis rune and ulti first and then use ur rune - double/triple kill guaranteed in other lanes.

Which is why viper is the eziest mid of ur life. Literally right click and q when attacking hero. Triple A ganker will pubstomp again.

Who cares what your scrub team mates cry about? If you see the enemy mid leaving the lane for whatever reason, take the mid tower with your ult. Then TP to another lane and take that one as well. DP can't gank for shit, don't bother.

edit: Damn at Windrunner having merely 28% winrate in 6.81 among pros. She's 17-42 OUCH!

Aselith

What's the ultimate wombo combo strat?

Tide blinks in and Ravages followed by Faceless timewalking in to Chrono while WD sets us up the bomb with his ulty. I guess we could have a Bounty Hunter on the outside tagging as many as he can for easy gold while Razor stands on the outside with double storm going.

Legit ass lanes too trilane with wd and tide for Faceless, Razor mid and BH offlane solo.

dmshaposv

Who cares what your scrub team mates cry about? If you see the enemy mid leaving the lane for whatever reason, take the mid tower with your ult. Then TP to another lane and take that one as well. DP can't gank for shit, don't bother.

I agree with you. She is a farming mid hero and can't really gank. But she can gank with an invis or haste rune. And im pretty sure at lower levels of play you have to create some space for your bot and top besides taking a tower. If the other team has a snowballing mid like SS, qop, pudge, invoker, e.t.c you have to do something about it.

I agree with you. She is a farming mid hero and can't really gank. But she can gank with an invis or haste rune. And im pretty sure at lower levels of play you have to create some space for your bot and top besides taking a tower. If the other team has a snowballing mid like SS, qop, pudge, invoker, e.t.c you have to do something about it.

Any hero can gank with good runes. I definitely disagree in attempting to gank a lane with DP without those runes over just taking mid once the enemy Pudge fucks off. +1k gold for your team can lead to early snowballing sometimes.

Pratfall

Tide blinks in and Ravages followed by Faceless timewalking in to Chrono while WD sets us up the bomb with his ulty. I guess we could have a Bounty Hunter on the outside tagging as many as he can for easy gold while Razor stands on the outside with double storm going.

Legit ass lanes too trilane with wd and tide for Faceless, Razor mid and BH offlane solo.

Aghs/AC Void 5 man chrono, Aghs WD right next to the chrono everyone else GTFO

kvk1

DP is amazing in your first 50-75 games as a beginner.

Get 6, abandon team, start melting towers.

Generally most people are still too slow to react to the split-push at that level.

Especially with the speed which DP clears out the lanes.

Also, the silence is godly.

Kard8p3

I don't have time to reply, actually heading to bed, but I'm sure some good players like pro/bokr/milk/109 could back me up that she's dog shit

Mordeccai

It baffles me how some of the team mates I get can even figure out how to turn on their fucking computers and log into steam. Just had a shadow demon never use disrupt, silencer never use his ulti except when he's caught out 3 vs 1, and tinker building phase boots on my team.

I gave them all the fucking space in the world as bristle, hit six, ganked all lanes, tanked way the fuck up with vanguard + AC by 18 minutes.

How the hell do these people find dota, and why the fuck are they on my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom