• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DIYY18O.gif

Gxgear

I just have the DreamLeague on in the background, and every time Excalibur's name is uttered he's just dying left and right.

> Play bot match as Nightwalker

> Be level 16 when every other bot is level 10-12. Score is 36-12.

> Entire team splits up and allows the enemy team to steamroll all our midtowers and barracks.

Did they all just assume that since I was like 6 levels higher than the enemy team I could take them all on 1v5 during daylight? -_-

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
> Play bot match as Nightwalker

> Be level 16 when every other bot is level 10-12. Score is 36-12.

> Entire team splits up and allows the enemy team to steamroll all our midtowers and barracks.

Did they all just assume that since I was like 6 levels higher than the enemy team I could take them all on 1v5 during daylight? -_-
Bots tend to 5 man pretty early and uncoordinated pubs don't know how to commit just enough to defend and let the carries farm freely elsewhere (if they do).
Other team already has sheep and mkb?
No, this was the Mouz vs Fnatic game

Bots tend to 5 man pretty early and uncoordinated pubs don't know how to commit just enough to defend and let the carries farm freely elsewhere (if they do).

Yeah I've noticed that all of my lost pub games were because the team split and we didn't group enough to defend. And then we'd be losing towers and the closest dude would rush in alone. Die. Then everyone else tried to get in and died because then it was like 3vs5 or 2vs5.

I think the biggest problem is that a lot of people don't know when to stop the laning phase and start grouping together.

Shinypogs

Well you can split up vs the AI and force them to go back to defend. At least the lower skilled AI anyway, idk if the harder ones tend to mass tp or retreat to protect buildings when they could be winning. It's actually kinda sad if you're attacking two vital points at once. I've seen the AI freak out and just move back and forth a few inches trying to figure out where the priority lies.

Wok

yeah..that match looks interesting.

Dire just did not know where they could farm on the map, but the interesting point to me is how a few mistakes (position, ultimate) by Faceless Void can come at the cost of victory in no time (here, Slardar just needed 3 seconds). Relying merely on Void is really risky.

There was another game earlier today during which Void was destroying our team and missed his ultimate near Roshan. The sanction was immediate. I think it was this game: http://dotabuff.com/matches/718981894

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom