• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

People hate on him, but I love Lysander's casting.

It doesn't have any relation to the fact that I've had a few drinks already tonight.

People hate on him, but I love Lysander's casting.

It doesn't have any relation to the fact that I've had a few drinks already tonight.

He's definitely not the worst, but then again I have strange taste in casters. I actually don't mind Sheever (in fact I respect her for casting so many under-represented games) and can't stand LD and Ayesee these days (unless the latter is with Fear). Whatever floats your boat really.

iamblades

Interesting. Though what stops the enemy from just not attacking you during the team fight? Or is his damage, even when not built as a carry, respectable enough to make him unignorable?

He has a 2 sec stun/2 sec slow on a 8 second cooldown, a lifesteal aura, and with crit he can do an annoying amount of right click damage with not very many items at all. You pretty much have to take him out of the fight some how or he will just cause chaos.

dmshaposv

He has a great stun and his ultimate is a really powerful slow. I've seen EG play him as an initiator, who then attempts to die as quickly as possible in order to apply the slow to a group of enemies.

WK is such a strong support.

You can literally finish pub games in under 30 mins, if you rush blink and initiate every fight with stun, and let ur team go ham. We broke enemy base and rekt a team once, despite an enemy riki being fed 7 kills before 10 mins.

Don't use those, you'll be spending too much time contorting your hand instead of controlling the mouse, which you will need to improve on as you move away from WASD camera.

The mouse and buttons are such that it doesn't require contorting actually. My thumb rests on the 4 buttons. My pointer on the 3 buttons or left click. Middle finger on left click. I don't use mid click since I hate pressing the mouse wheel.

dmshaposv

Do people still get battlefury on Jugg, or is it one of those stupid "follow valve's obsolete build" like Bounty Hunter battlefury?

I mean its pointless. Bladefury/omni do a ton of aoe dmg as it is. I'd rather rush drums/aghs and butterfly.

dmshaposv

Go Linken in a game from behind, gg Mason, gone full pub.

Played like shit all the tournament and even at the summit he didn't do anything special. Gimme back Fear.

Man I really don't like mason. He seems like an absolute unlikable douche from his interviews and the q&a he did on reddit recently. Its cockiness in the non-endearing way, unlike RTZ who has some charm to his cockiness. It also doesn't help he can only play like 5 heroes and is essentially the generic carry whereas Fear used to play "utility" heros like Tidehunter/Beastmaster in a farming role.

Get back Fear, EG.

Mohasus

Do people still get battlefury on Jugg, or is it one of those stupid "follow valve's obsolete build" like Bounty Hunter battlefury?

I mean its pointless. Bladefury/omni do a ton of aoe dmg as it is. I'd rather rush drums/aghs and butterfly.

Situational, I like it agaisnt a NP or PL.

Ultrabum

WTF could possibly be taking this long? All of their computers exploded in a ball of fire? Cryptolocker locked all of dota files on every computer? FFS I could assemble a new computer and install dota from scratch in this amount of time.

I hope there comes a time when sponsors can fund enough to the point that we have actual bench player/s so we don't have to deal with stand-ins. I know it's just wishful thinking.

K.Sabot

I could have built a computer from scratch from salvaged parts, installed windows, updated all the appropriate drivers, and installed Dota 2 in the time it's taken.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Finally beat my Maapo daily challenge. Never give up guys, success can be yours!

Next up is Ember. Never played this hero. I'm scared.

Tried ganking mid as a support (Lich) for the first time today, thanks to the info posted a little back in this thread, and it went really well! I underestimated Lich's 4 second 30% slow on his nuke, it helped a lot in securing kills. Plus, his good movespeed and prefered tranquil boots (instead of arcane boots like most supports) allowed me to roam around pretty quickly.

bounchfx

ESL is 50 dollars away from the LS set...

23 bucks away! DO ITTTTTTT

benStillerDoIt.jpg

I'd love to get a copy of my own set T____T

You should be close enough to Chilling Touch/Vortex, only using Cold Feet on the closest targets. At short range, you need to actually aim your ult so you can't rely on screen-side hitboxes.

Yes, the DPS you gain from touch is bananas. It will always outweigh the attack penalty except in very fringe cases where you need one or two more hits.
[/IMG]

Ah sweet thanks for the feedback. Gonna try it out.

Falk

that puzzling face
I hope there comes a time when sponsors can fund enough to the point that we have actual bench player/s so we don't have to deal with stand-ins. I know it's just wishful thinking.

Due to the nature of the game and/or community i'm not too sure how well a bench player would work though.

From experience in other games*, with the massive egos that seems to be stock in esports most people would strive to get a more permanent placement somewhere else than settle on being the backup dude. Bench has almost always led to internal drama.

*let alone Dota2 lol

Kioshen

Try to change this as soon as possible. It is the worst control habit anyone can pick up in this game. If there was a single "wrong control scheme" in DOTA2, this would be runner up to "Locked Camera".

You'll cut down on mental errors if you have all your skills on one side or another, which is why I prefer QWERDF. Mouse buttons would be better used for items you get often that you really want to "lock in" to a particular frame of mind, like Blink, Force Staff, Mek or BKB. You'll really feel this once you move to item heavy initiators like Axe, Sven and Slardar, who have a billion Skills and a billion items and need to activate all of them in the right order. The more you can specialize your left hand and your right hand, the more they can be focused on doing their job (left hand: activate skills, right hand: move and aim) instead of figuring out which hand is doing what and when.

Don't use those, you'll be spending too much time contorting your hand instead of controlling the mouse, which you will need to improve on as you move away from WASD camera.

This is what I'm finding the hardest part to adapt. I'm so used to fps controls that my camera positioning was really bad using the default setup. I tweaked my control setup heavily that I'm now able to play even micro heroes or activate skills and items without thinking about it. At least I weened myself pretty fast from locked camera from my brief stint in LoL years ago.

Tried ganking mid as a support (Lich) for the first time today, thanks to the info posted a little back in this thread, and it went really well! I underestimated Lich's 4 second 30% slow on his nuke, it helped a lot in securing kills. Plus, his good movespeed and prefered tranquil boots (instead of arcane boots like most supports) allowed me to roam around pretty quickly.
Lich is one of the best supports early game, his nuke cripples almost every hero in the game and combined with his mana steal, can be spammed a lot.

ViviOggi

It still boggles my mind that people would wilfully gimp their play with locked camera. Wasn't it the default setting in League at some point?
Then again I sometimes play with a guy who insists on clicking his hotkeys and using WASD for camera control...

^ lich literally babby's first support

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The mouse and buttons are such that it doesn't require contorting actually. My thumb rests on the 4 buttons. My pointer on the 3 buttons or left click. Middle finger on left click. I don't use mid click since I hate pressing the mouse wheel.
This seems like a lot of work for 3 fingers, I don't think I could handle it.

If I might make a suggestion, try playing a few games as an item/skill heavy hero so you can see if your fingers are really fast enough to keep up with the kind of speed you'll want to achieve one day:

TA: Phase, Bottle, Blink, BKB
Nightstalker: Treads, Bottle, Urn of Shadows, Armlet, BKB
Sven: Phase/Arcane, Blink, Mask of Madness, BKB
Storm: Bottle, Treads, Orchid, BKB, Sheep
WR: Phase, Force Staff, Blink, Eul's, Scythe

dmshaposv

Lich is one of the best supports early game, his nuke cripples almost every hero in the game and combined with his mana steal, can be spammed a lot.

lich is secretly a carry no one talks about.

If only lich's tankiness scaled like necrophos in late game, he'd be a legit late game intel carry. He just sort of falls off after his mek/aghs/e.t.c in late game.

If only I could build a skadi on him all the time....

I wonder if someone should tell casters that you can see a players quick buy if you switch to player perspective. They are always wondering what players are going for. Like atm Bone7 looks likes he's going refresher not linkens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom