• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Because this is America, and we all deserve a chance.

sports are exactly the same, in fixtures of no importance teams will usually field younger/2nd tier players, so what exactly is the difference here

The fact that I've seen that get punished sometimes is the difference. Liquid shouldn't just get away with clowning around and not at least get a warning.

kneePat

So what actually happened with TL? I'm guessing they didn't need to win the game so they lost and forced a three-way tie?

This is correct, but man-children are making the leap from 'didn't need to win' to intentionally losing. Also, it is so funny how a throw is now a blanket term used to described a come-back. In sports we give credit to teams who play well from behind, in eSports we vilify teams who lose when they're ahead. Pretty childish.

I will admit, the picks were clowny, and the roles were switched but the game didn't mean anything for Liquid and they afforded themselves the right to do whatever the fuck they wanted. It is not a teams responsiblity to beat a 'worse' team, and this is only a problem right now because the outcome of this game had ramifications for other teams. Bare in mind, these other teams had the same opportunity to afford themselves what liquid had.

And if it is liquids or any teams' responsibility to play the way you feel they should why even fucking have qualifiers or an international? Just let Valve hand the money out.

In sports we give credit to teams who play well from behind
No we don't, teams regularly get mad fun of for throwing, and teams regularly get praised for making a comeback in esports, Talk about blanket statements. Not to mention calling anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion man children for some reason.

Oh hey, got another Tourney drop. It must have come through Twitch because I didn't have the game on today.

Also, got that Naga loading screen. Did I win Dota?

bsdf

Banned
not a big capitalist fan but he's otm
ooe2ewk.png

kneePat

No we don't, teams regularly get mad fun of for throwing, and teams regularly get praised for making a comeback in esports.

Talk about blanket statements, not to mention calling anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion man children for some reason.

I see no praise for union gaming. I don't know what sports you watch but when an underdog wins we don't trash the favorite like we're doing here.

Also you're shit is contradictory.

Razzer

I see no praise for union gaming. I don't know what sports you watch but when an underdog wins we don't trash the favorite like we're doing here.

The reason throw is being thrown (ha) around so much here is cus tree had such a pants on head dumb dumb build. And Demon made that comment beforehand. And he has a long reputation for throwing. Please don't sling shit without full knowledge of context.

kneePat

The reason throw is being thrown (ha) around so much here is cus tree had such a pants on head dumb dumb build. And Demon made that comment beforehand. And he has a long reputation for throwing. Please don't sling shit without full knowledge of context.

So assuming I don't have full knowledge of context and telling me not to sling shit. Cool friend!

Also, I don't believe item builds or history is a substantial argument.

ill remember this next time the twins beat the Yankees and espn spends 10 mins asking what went wrong with the yankees instead of looking what went right with the underdogs

kneePat

ill remember this next time the twins beat the Yankees and espn spends 10 mins asking what went wrong with the yankees instead of looking what went right with the underdogs

OK, but does espn go fuck the yankees? What went wrong != trash a team... or making leaps like the yankees did it on purpose to fuck the tigers.

I guess I'm in the minority here. Shits confirmed. Peace.

Razzer

OK, but does espn go fuck the yankees? What went wrong != trash a team... or making leaps like the yankees did it on purpose to fuck the tigers.

I guess I'm in the minority here. Shits confirmed. Peace.

?

Edit: I was just going to comment the peace thing sounded like GBD lol.

Nice edit. I'm not sure what to tell you. I actually watch sports, teams get made fun of when they lose a big lead, you can act like it doesn't happen all you want.

If Liquid goes Radiance/MoM treant of course people aren't going to be talking about how good Union was to comeback but how bad Liquid did. It all depends on the game.

If a basketball team commits 3 unforced turnovers in a row in the final minute nobody is going to talk about how good the other team was to come back to win the game. All about context.

This happens without fail in the AFL (Australian Football League) as well.

Never mind the underdog team might've played an amazing game, it's clearly all about the rich team.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Also you're shit is contradictory.

Yeah, and Union Gaming completely slammed NAR beforehand, should we start investigating subtle NAR throws because they should have won????

Liquid wasn't taking the game that seriously, but who can blame them? The game doesn't count for anything, it's like asking the Miami Heat to take the regular season seriously (and yeah Liquid/NAR are basically the Heat in this small americas qualifier pool).

Razzer

I just realized that guy probably misunderstood what throw means in dota.

He was thinking of 322 style throw, whereas people here were calling whendidegthrowlast throw.

bbd23

doesn't matter if SNA loses this.

its the team with 2 losses that goes home.

union has 2 games to play 1 vs SNA and 1 vs eHug

Pretty sure thats how it is

edit: or im dumb :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom