• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

well i guess im gonna have to suck my words and say good game to UG and iwo. scumbag iwo finally did something good.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
#fuckthecompendium

0/0/2 was a no count, I think we could have won 4v5.
0-7 Void game was a goof around past minute like 15.
Dagon V fed Pugna one-shotting their supports made me feel so dirty. Hitting for 200 damage at level 11 with Venge and Luna aura, dat 4.00 INT gain
qcB4pin.png

BHK3

Banned
I'm never going to win with brood, not even with my friends. I can't be alone in a lane all day just pushing and expect the team to actually do anything, my compedium was bugged and didn't tell me that when I re-roll I keep people I completed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm never going to win with brood, not even with my friends. I can't be alone in a lane all day just pushing and expect the team to actually do anything, my compedium was bugged and didn't tell me that when I re-roll I keep people I completed.
Just soloQ and valve 50% will kick in, you'll get carried eventually. Jungle in their jungle so they can't pull their safe lane or something.

queue with captain fish and bo confirmed brood carriers

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm so happy Demon isn't on EG anymore, and would be so happy if Liquid gets reked in these next few games, but I'm honestly not sure the other teams will be able to beat them.

FACE

Banned
#fuckthecompendium

0/0/2 was a no count, I think we could have won 4v5.
0-7 Void game was a goof around past minute like 15.
Dagon V fed Pugna one-shotting their supports made me feel so dirty. Hitting for 200 damage at level 11 with Venge and Luna aura, dat 4.00 INT gain
http://i.imgur.com/qcB4pin.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Were you going for the Mael award on that venomancer game and accidentally got a kill?

Trasher

This is pretty hilarious. Team Liquid is such a clusterfuck as is, but people ripping them for what they did today is pretty ridiculous. Who cares. They're just gonna pull a MUFC if they even make it to TI4. Liquid should just disband that whole team and start from scratch.

K.Sabot

This is pretty hilarious. Team Liquid is such a clusterfuck as is, but people ripping them for what they did today is pretty ridiculous. Who cares. They're just gonna pull a MUFC if they even make it to TI4. Liquid should just disband that whole team and start from scratch.

It's a stain on the Team Liquid name, who are my favorite esports organization despite how juvenile their dota lineup was.

K.Sabot

What is all the crying about Liquid? Can anyone spare me a tl;dr version?

They blatantly threw a game (which is disgraceful in itself) and caused a 3 way tie for the last playoff spot (unrelated as to why I'm pissed at them, but doesn't make it any better).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bwhahaha, I decided to look at the work shop, and I noticed something. Perfect World and Coca Cola are going to do a cross promotion with Dota 2 Items. Take that League, we get real coke while you are stuck being sponsored by Coke Zero.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258017356

Jokes on us most likely, I bet you have to buy Coke in China and enter codes or some nonsince to get these and they will be super rare

Trasher

It's a stain on the Team Liquid name, who are my favorite esports organization despite how juvenile their dota lineup was.

They've been a stain on the Liquid name for a long time now. What they did today was actually strategic and smart of them. Probably the smartest thing they've done to this day. They want to give themselves the best chance to making it to TI4, so why is everyone bashing them on this of all things? Saving their drafts for a series that actually matters was a great move by them. If I was a Liquid fan I'd be applauding them. It's like the equivalent of resting your starters for the playoffs. Who cares if it forced a tiebreaker situation. The blame for that goes to the morons who setup a playoff system that could force that situation.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For some reason, that really crummy dragon ward is bundled with the Invoker set. Also, all the Coke items are in a single bundle, so I'm hoping its not to hard to get. I want that Witch Doctor Staff.

K.Sabot

It's disrespectful to the viewers, the betters, the other teams, the casting organizations trying put on a good show, the tournament organization trying to put on a good tournament and esports integrity as a whole.

It's not worth it and equivocating it to resting starters is a bad excuse when:

1. There is no instantaneous physicality to the sport.
2. A single game of dota in a round robin tournament setup does not equivocate to a 4 quarter basketball game in the slightest.
3. If liquid want to be serious about TI4, they should treat every game as an important practice opportunity. And by god do they need it as of now.

And just because other sports do it, doesn't make it okay in the slightest.

Tobe

It's disrespectful to the viewers, the betters, the other teams, the casting organizations trying put on a good show, the tournament organization trying to put on a good tournament and esports integrity as a whole.

2. A single game of dota in a round robin tournament setup does not equivocate to a 4 quarter basketball game in the slightest.
3. If liquid want to be serious about TI4, they should treat every game as an important practice opportunity. And by god do they need it as of now.

i think that throwing a game to get better results in the end. (in this case making sna, ehug and ug, kill themselves is good.) what ouldve happend if SNA lost?

sports takes different layers of approach. thats my point of view.

Tobe

Howcome when dudes stream Dota they either have no webcam or a very small one just covering the hero portrait, but when most chicks stream they have their face/body cover 90% of the screen?

cause cleavage? who cares. if they gain viewers by doing that more power to them.

Trasher

Wasn't supposed to be an exact equal to "resting starters" in a physical sport. Just the same mindset behind it to potentially give you an advantage in your next series/match. You are missing the point entirely and have shown you can't comprehend it apparently. Maybe you're too emotionally distraught over your favorite video game esports organization?

K.Sabot

i think that throwing a game to get better results in the end. (in this case making sna, ehug and ug, kill themselves is good.) what ouldve happend if SNA lost?

sports takes different layers of approach. thats my point of view.

Like I said, the result of it is mostly irrelevant to the fact that they purposefully threw a game in the qualifier for the most prestigious event in competitive gaming history.

That said, them throwing did not help them so much as it hurt the other teams by making them play more, it also hurt the viewers, the tournament, the spirit of competition, ect.

Not worth it.

Wasn't supposed to be an exact equal to "resting starters" in a physical sport. Just the same mindset behind it to potentially give you an advantage in your next series/match. You are missing the point entirely and have shown you can't comprehend it apparently. Maybe you're too emotionally distraught over your favorite video game organization?

I know all about the metagame of tournament brackets and intentionally throwing matches to gain an advantage later. What I'm saying is that it is STILL WRONG TO DO. I'm not sure what you're trying to do with this post besides try to goad a response.

There's a nice series of articles on the metagame of competition that was written by one of my favorite fighting game legends that feels relevant to this conversation.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's not worth it is the amount of posts this topic is getting.

Seriously, waste of time. It's done, and what we say here will have absolutely no bearing on what Liquid's future behaviour will be.

They've been a stain on the Liquid name for a long time now. What they did today was actually strategic and smart of them. Probably the smartest thing they've done to this day. They want to give themselves the best chance to making it to TI4, so why is everyone bashing them on this of all things? Saving their drafts for a series that actually matters was a great move by them. If I was a Liquid fan I'd be applauding them. It's like the equivalent of resting your starters for the playoffs. Who cares if it forced a tiebreaker situation. The blame for that goes to the morons who setup a playoff system that could force that situation.

All I'm saying is it's a major dick move.

You give your best, if you don't it's disrespectful for the opposing team, your viewers and fans, and in this case all the other teams playing in the same qualifier.

I'm not saying it's against the rules, or the fault of the set up. Just that it was shitty.

Seriously, waste of time. It's done, and what we say here will have absolutely no bearing on what Liquid's future behaviour will be.

well yeah this is pretty true

Trasher

Like I said, the result of it is mostly irrelevant to the fact that they purposefully threw a game in the qualifier for the most prestigious event in competitive gaming history.

That said, them throwing did not help them so much as it hurt the other teams by making them play more, it also hurt the viewers, the tournament, the spirit of competition, ect.

Not worth it.

You can never prove that they threw the game on purpose though. Bulba even said they tried to win the whole time albeit while acting cocky at times. Doesn't mean they were ever trying to lose the game. You're letting GodZ's and all of those other people's stupid twitter comments go to your head.

Howcome when dudes stream Dota they either have no webcam or a very small one just covering the hero portrait, but when most chicks stream they have their face/body cover 90% of the screen?

I heard there was a DOTA stream today that had 90% of the screen filled with bare legs, asses in jeans, and kittens and it had like 20k views. It's a cancer on the dota community!

Kappa

K.Sabot

You can never prove that they threw the game on purpose though. Bulba even said they tried to win the whole time albeit while acting cocky at times. Doesn't mean they were ever trying to lose the game. You're letting GodZ's and all of those other people's stupid twitter comments go to your head.

The same way we of the fighting game community can't prove collusion between players because they didn't straight up say they did it themselves. We make observations and conclusions.

These types of conversations lead to a standardized rule in the FGC to prevent these types of things from happening, so trying to write it off as a waste of time is disingenuous at best.

Trasher

As much as I agree with you, you do realize you are posting this comment on a forum that is completely built on the foundation to do exactly that: waste time. Kind of the whole point of this place, Haly! 99.9% of your posts and everyone else's on here have no bearing on anything lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I'm sure you're convinced Valve is watching this thread and taking note, and you're not just trying to satisfy your own ego because someone disagrees with me on the internet.
As much as I agree with you, you do realize you are posting this comment on a forum that is completely built on the foundation to do exactly that: waste time. Kind of the whole point of this place, Haly! 99.9% of your posts and everyone else's on here have no bearing on anything lol.

I'll take it one step further then. This back-and-forth will lead to nowhere and does nothing. Neither party will ever convince the other. It's like trench warfare at its most stagnant during the Great War. All it accomplishes is a shittier experience for everyone involved.

I'm calling this topic borderline threadshitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom