• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if someone should tell casters that you can see a players quick buy if you switch to player perspective. They are always wondering what players are going for. Like atm Bone7 looks likes he's going refresher not linkens.
If I'm not mistaken, you can't see the player perspective from the caster slot since it has no delay. At least the directed camera doesn't work from the caster slot.

Kioshen

If I might make a suggestion, try playing a few games as an item/skill heavy hero so you can see if your fingers are really fast enough to keep up with the kind of speed you'll want to achieve one day:

TA: Phase, Bottle, Blink, BKB
Nightstalker: Treads, Bottle, Urn of Shadows, Armlet, BKB
Sven: Phase/Arcane, Blink, Mask of Madness, BKB
Storm: Bottle, Treads, Orchid, BKB, Sheep
WR: Phase, Force Staff, Blink, Eul's, Scythe

This seems like a neat exercise. Don't mean to hijack the conversation but since I'm also starting out there don't seem to be drills to try out and isolate mechanical skills.

Quesa

15mins in: the longer this game goes, the worse it is for Cloud 9

55mins in: it's really Cloud 9's game to lose at this point

commentary is a funny thing sometimes

Pratfall

Weaver was destroying people when he could get space to but aghs doom just wrecked him.

How do we fix doom? Nerf doom? Nerf other stuff? Feels like a doom nerf is needed, less damage or less duration.

Razzer

I don't think it's that bad. The commentary was referring to if the game went on at the same pace. Then C9 won two huge fights and from there the state of the game was changed. Totally understandable comments.

Edit: MEEPO!

This seems like a lot of work for 3 fingers, I don't think I could handle it.

If I might make a suggestion, try playing a few games as an item/skill heavy hero so you can see if your fingers are really fast enough to keep up with the kind of speed you'll want to achieve one day:

TA: Phase, Bottle, Blink, BKB
Nightstalker: Treads, Bottle, Urn of Shadows, Armlet, BKB
Sven: Phase/Arcane, Blink, Mask of Madness, BKB
Storm: Bottle, Treads, Orchid, BKB, Sheep
WR: Phase, Force Staff, Blink, Eul's, Scythe

Don't see how it is a lot of work for three fingers. It doesn't require odd positioning of my fingers. Or movement of them. Just requires resting my hand naturally on the mouse.

KLonso

Wow I've never seen SingSing play meepo except to joke around in pubs (and he never looked like he was actually learning the hero)

Is this the most balanced Dota has ever been?

there's no one or two teams dominating, we've seen the big teams taking wins on each other. TI4 will be crazy.

I'm a total DK fanboy, but they'll have a hard time taking this one. Most of the big teams are so good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's no teams dominating because they're all fucking throwers and feeders.

TI4 is a wide open field as far as I can tell.

Qvoth

went to watch c9 mouz fight instead, goddamn sing was great there
silencer is such a huge pick there, did envy have refresher? i know he had aghanims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom