• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

Anyone watching the Ability Draft game?

S4 gets Ancient Apparition, picks Reverse Polarity as first ability.

I love it.

MadGear

Not interested in AD, but Pflax is on fire right now :D This can go either terribly wrong (my bet) or they might actually be lucky and still win this.

€: Should have roshed way earlier, now they just lost.

Serious question, if the odds on D2L are about 95 : 5.

And someone bet an arcana on the underdog, how can you get it if the favorite won when your expected value return is 0.1 for every 1.0 value? Does D2L keep the arcana as profit?

I have won 2 bets without any returns because I bet on the favorite.

Serious question, if the odds on D2L are about 95 : 5.

And someone bet an arcana on the underdog, how can you get it if the favorite won when your expected value return is 0.1 for every 1.0 value? Does D2L keep the arcana as profit?

I have won 2 bets without any returns because I bet on the favorite.

If you win you get the Arcana back and 0.1 worth of the Arcana as a prize.

If you win you get the Arcana back and 0.1 worth of the Arcana as a prize.

But what if the arcana is placed on the losing team? How can anyone get it? Let's say an Arcana worth $35 is placed on the losing team (95 : 5 odds with the favorite winning). Can anyone get it? Or the only one going to get it is someone who bet items worth $350? If no one placed an item with that huge amount of value, to whom will the arcana be given?

But what if the arcana is placed on the losing team? How can anyone get it? Let's say an Arcana worth $35 is placed on the losing team (95 : 5 odds with the favorite winning). Can anyone get it? Or the only one going to get it is someone who bet items worth $350? If no one placed an item with that huge amount of value, to whom will the arcana be given?

I think Dota2Lounge might use an inventory system, so you won't win what people bet on the other team but you get the value from their inventory.

That's what would make sense to me

Edit: Holy shit that late game strat!

Demoli

not mask of madness on chen

and for a quas/exort invoker his farm is a flop

He didn't only feed, he in teamfights body blocked our team, constantly fed the courier, took things from the courier when it was alive and in the first few minutes he was walking lane to lane sending everyone back, which only worked once but w/e.

Thank god the other team's cores were aweful.

Ties

Banned
He didn't only feed, he in teamfights body blocked our team, constantly fed the courier, took things from the courier when it was alive and in the first few minutes he was walking lane to lane sending everyone back, which only worked once but w/e.

Thank god the other team's cores were aweful.
I played with a Windranger a couple months ago who nearly threw the game because she hid my stuff somewhere in the jungle. Along with this, all she did the entire game was follow my hero and not do anything during teamfights. It was awful.

What that Chen did sounds horrid, it's a shame that some people on DOTA work so hard to act against the team rather than cooperate. Hopefully you reported him!

But yeah, the cores on the enemy team are trash. Riki doesn't have a diffusal, which weakens his solo kill ability and he has a Mask of Madness even though he's one of the squishier carries. The NP's build is questionable as fuck as well. Dagon over sheepstick or Maelstrom? That hyperstone is obviously there for a Mjolnir, but I don't understand the logic of buying that first over a Mael. :l

Kreunt

Banned
On an 8 win streak (all skywrath), one more and it'll be a new PB.

also, feels like there is an FV in just about every match lately.

Razzer

BLACK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

aeolist

Banned
Well, EternalEnvy bought so it probably is awful :p

i don't think it's awful but there's better choices in almost every situation.

refresher i think is the obvious choice. why choose between dooming gyro and invoker when you can just doom both? it's not like the fights were lasting that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom