• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

Are the replays free to download afterwards? Cus I wanna go check that fight near the pit where Bone first got refresher. It seemed like whilst he was dragging Mirana the other 3 just disappeared, leaving Sing 4v1. Was Heart in mouth stuff.

inkls

Are the replays free to download afterwards? Cus I wanna go check that fight near the pit where Bone first got refresher. It seemed like whilst he was dragging Mirana the other 3 just disappeared, leaving Sing 4v1. Was Heart in mouth stuff.

yes

Your question is very complex so I'll tackle only the Phase/Treads part for now.

Treads are fine, Ultimate Orb not so much. It's 2100g for +30 worth of stats, +10 of which you get as damage.

Compare this to Mekansm, which only costs 200g more:
+15 in Stats
+5 in Armor
+250 HP Instant AoE Heal

An Ultimate orb will make you slightly less difficult to kill at 15 minutes, a Mekansm will win your team a fight. And Ultimate Orb's build paths are very expensive, like Scythe and Skadi, so you won't be reaping the full effects of your investment until late in the game. In DOTA2, the most important part of items are usually not the stats, but the actives/passives they grant, because the items' opportunity cost is factored into those actives/passives. If you're not getting them up early, you're missing out.

Thanks for all the info.

As for stat toggling, is it as obvious as it seems? Basically: Int if need mana, Str is need health, agility if that is your primary stat and you need damage?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Thanks for all the info.

As for stat toggling, is it as obvious as it seems? Basically: Int if need mana, Str is need health, agility if that is your primary stat and you need damage?

Int for emergency mana, but honestly, I almost never have my treads on Agi. The bonus health from Str is just more valuable then the fractional armor and bonuses for Agi heroes

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Thanks for all the info.

Yes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Perfect World decided to make another Earth Spirit Weapon because why stop at one:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=271629384

They also updated the Dragon Shuriken and gave it a new name, it looks slightly better then their old one:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=271624212

Some bunny girl courier from Nexon:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=271641656&searchtext=

And this hat is just nice looking:
268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=271644207&searchtext=

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is relevant:
Strategy

Due to how attributes work, if you switch your Power Treads to Agility before using a regeneration item, and then back to Intelligence or Strength when your health/mana is restored, you will be at a much higher total than if you simply used a Healing Salve with your Power Treads set to Strength, or a Clarity with your Power Treads switched to Intelligence, et cetera. This is an important skill to keep in mind when using a Bottle with a mana-hungry mid ganker like Queen of Pain. The difference is not enormous, but definitely noticeable in the early stages of the game.

Switching to Strength Treads will provide more HP if you switch to them when your HP is full as opposed to when it is almost depleted. The same is true for Intelligence Treads and mana.
Basically, you should try to keep it on your main stat until you actually start taking damage, then switch to maximize HP gain.

Razzer

So I looked and the problem was Envy was top when the fight broke out. Pie and Aui both died almost instantly in the original burst without getting any spells off, but Bone dragging Mirana onto the cliff means they lack one of their biggest damage sources, allowing Sing to live. Had Vanskor noticed earlier it may have gone differently, as there was a good 8 seconds between reaching the cliff and being swapped off. This allowed Envy to tp in and get there to doom Silent. Still, Sing was tanking the efforts of 4 heroes for at least 5 seconds, all the while those 4 were standing in acid spray and firefly, so once Bone got back they were all pretty low, allowing Sing to cleanup. Really cool seeing the little things.

Zeth

Thanks for all the info.

General rule - switch to agi to regen mana/hp from bottle etc. On a related note, you can benefit from dropping large stat items like point booster, aghs, arcane boots etc before activating bottle/regen (if it's reasonably safe to do so, discretion advised)

Switch to int when casting a spell to temporarily increase your mana pool. ^Haly's post more concise and accurate

Goddard

Alchemist needs a buff so fucking bad. He used to be my favourite hero in 6.78, and has been continuously destroyed ever since, but fuck the 5.5 second stun is the most fucking useless spell in Dota 2 right now. I've played probably 7-10 games with Alch since the stun nerf, and it is just plain shit, instead of nerfing it from 4 seconds to 3 seconds and leaving everything else the same, they just made it so that if you go for a stun higher than 3 seconds you are almost guaranteed to die because you yourself are the only person that's ever going to get hit by a stun that long. What do you guys think would be a good way to buff him back into a good carry without leaving him to be abused by supports again? I'm pretty salty that the only reason Alchemist got nerfed into bottom 5 worst heroes in the game is because he was constantly being abused as a support.

Razzer

Alchemist needs a buff so fucking bad. He used to be my favourite hero in 6.78, and has been continuously destroyed ever since, but fuck the 5.5 second stun is the most fucking useless spell in Dota 2 right now. I've played probably 7-10 games with Alch since the stun nerf, and it is just plain shit, instead of nerfing it from 4 seconds to 3 seconds and leaving everything else the same, they just made it so that if you go for a stun higher than 3 seconds you are almost guaranteed to die because you yourself are the only person that's ever going to get hit by a stun that long. What do you guys think would be a good way to buff him back into a good carry without leaving him to be abused by supports again? I'm pretty salty that the only reason Alchemist got nerfed into bottom 5 worst heroes in the game is because he was constantly being abused as a support.

I'm guessing you didn't see the game just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom