• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My guess?

Dual wield.

Or.

Double bladed sword.

We Dark Souls 2 now.

Ties

Banned
I voted for Pudge Arcana. Come at me.
:mad:

Pudge/Mirana/Invoker/etx. already get so much attention with cosmetics, hopefully someone else manages to get an arcana. A Vengeful Spirit with her original form before being stripped of her heritage might be awesome ~
W3fbr9k.jpg

Made him a little more ratty.

That old puck tho.
Every time I see the old Puck model I SCREAM.

I'm so happy she decided to take a trip to the beauty parlor and fix herself up.

Haly

Every time I see the old Puck model I SCREAM.

I'm so happy she decided to take a trip to the beauty parlor and fix herself up.

Lookism culture at its worst. Pressuring young, impressionable fairy dragons into heavy duty cosmetic surgery just to satisfy some arbitrary social standards?

Disgusting.

Ties

Banned
Lookism culture at its worst.

Disgusting.
Bye!

Puck used to look like the lovechild between Viper and Crystal Maiden, she looks like she is happy with herself now. She certainly enjoys blinking in to WRECK lesser beings now ever since her surgery.

The best pre-update model was Veno IMO. It was so cute.

Reckoner

Daily hero was Treant Protector. Had such a good time giving support to the team that I can see me using it more in the future. It was a pleasure to play with him.

Ties

Banned
Merlini went midas/bots/sb/orchid/mkb on sniper yesterday. Legit build y/n
BoTs - boots of travel?

I can see that being a legit splitpushing build if so, with orchid being situational dependent on whether the other team has a spell heavy core/teamfight. With Sniper I think it's best to maximize his potential damage before getting blown up, so attack speed should be your go.

Midas - Treads - Mask of Madness - Maelstrom - Shadow Blade - Mjolnir - MKB is what I go usually. You should probably pick up a BKB in there as well if the situation calls for it.

dmshaposv

Daily hero was Treant Protector. Had such a good time giving support to the team that I can see me using it more in the future. It was a pleasure to play with him.

Treant is one of the few support heroes where ur team actually thanks you throughout the game - unlike the thankless hero u may play as someone else.

ur mid dove a tower, no prob imma shield u. Oh our lion in bot is about to die, nay not today! Viper reking fools 1vs3 with right clicks - no prob bro i got ur ass with armour. Templar wants to blink in with refraction vs 5 - ez rampage shield.

Ties

Banned
Treant is one of the few support heroes where ur team actually thanks you throughout the game - unlike the thankless hero u may play as someone else.

ur mid dove a tower, no prob imma shield u. Oh our lion in bot is about to die, nay not today! Viper reking fools 1vs3 with right clicks - no prob bro i got ur ass with armour. Templar wants to blink in with refraction vs 5 - ez rampage shield.
Treant is also one of the best supports in the game! He is similar to pre-nerf CM in that he has a global ability that assists the team, roaming potential with leech seed, scouting with invisibility, and an amazing teamfight presence with low cooldown. It helps that he hits like a truck in lane and can take quite a bit of harass in lane as well.

The only thing that is actively holding me back from using him as my go-to support is probably the fact he is melee. I'm so used to ranged support that the transition is not easy lol.

FACE

Banned
BoTs - boots of travel?

I can see that being a legit splitpushing build if so, with orchid being situational dependent on whether the other team has a spell heavy core/teamfight. With Sniper I think it's best to maximize his potential damage before getting blown up, so attack speed should be your go.

Midas - Treads - Mask of Madness - Maelstrom - Shadow Blade - Mjolnir - MKB is what I go usually. You should probably pick up a BKB in there as well if the situation calls for it.

Merlini buys BoTs for everyone.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
That existed for literally 24 hours. Most people didn't even get to see it.
My memory might be foggy, but I thought he was in the game for at least a couple weeks. It was right around when I started playing.

EDIT: I started playing in January 2012 around when Invoker was put in. Brewmaster came on April 18th, and on April 25th was changed a little:

Dota2_BrewmasterPortrait.jpg

traveler

Not Wario
Merlini nearly always goes bots on every hero, and his favored sniper build is maxing shrapnel blast for harass, some wave push capabilities, and tower dmg. It also utilizes his mid bottle better than just going passives. The orchid rush complements it well by giving him the regen necessary to spam it.

MadGear

Luna is the only character who I think needs a voice rework. That accent just does not suit her.

Well maybe it is because I'm not a native speaker but Luna's voice reminds me a lot of Ygritte from GoT. But it's really hard to tell for me if it's a poor attempt at an irish(?) accent or not.

W3fbr9k.jpg

Made him a little more ratty.

That old puck tho.

Even after the rework I still don't understand why Puck is considered cute. To me Puck looks like a freakish abomination that should be killed with fire :D Lina approves.

Haly

Even after the rework I still don't understand why Puck is considered cute. To me Puck looks like a freakish abomination that should be killed with fire :D Lina approves.

puck_dota_2_illusory_orb_by_rynocaurus-d73my4p.png

Greetings!

Razzer

Well maybe it is because I'm not a native speaker but Luna's voice reminds me a lot of Ygritte from GoT. But it's really hard to tell for me if it's a poor attempt at an irish(?) accent or not.

Luna's accent is this weird hybrid of Scottish and Irish that ends up being nothing at all. Considering she's not from Scotland or Ireland though I like that it isn't a real accent, she's from a fictional world, and it sounds exotic, good enough for me.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm assuming it's intended to invoke pagan associations with moon dieties, although shooting for Diana/Artemis would be a more logical route to take. I guess Roman accents aren't as recognizable.

I like her voice. Certainly better than a good deal of heroes. Can't stand listening to Sniper, for example, so I hope he wins the whole thing.

G.ZZZ

Daily Hero is Sniper

gzzz help

Repick into lose game best strat.

Headshot max first, take aim second, shrapnel last. Ulti whenever possible.

Build is wraith->phase->mom->aquila(for sustain of mom manacost)->mjoll-> bulk (bkb or skadi depending on game)->lastdamageitem(abyssal or crit, abyssal if against melee carries with bkb, crit against rest).
You get bulk after your first major damage item because if you're decent at that point of the game the enemy won't have mass blink or way to close the gap faster than the speed at which u kill them.

Mjollnir is broken. Mom is also a very good farming item, you shouldn't fight before having mom + mael at least. Mom allow you to farm jungle/ancients relatively fast and safely away from the lanes, all the while staying at max hp. If someone come in ur direction early, mom+phase and run away with 500 ms. In fights u should always enter the fight last after the initiation, with mom + phase you have 500 ms and with your natural high range you can enter a fight from 2k distance in a matter of a second or so. Plus mjoll's broken as shit and sniper is probably the best carrier ingame pew pew.

goddamn I'm glad they changed brew and puck, my favorite heroes

now if only Valve would do the same with Viper, Elder Titan and Shadow Demon (those teeth bleh)

Luna's accent is this weird hybrid of Scottish and Irish that ends up being nothing at all. Considering she's not from Scotland or Ireland though I like that it isn't a real accent, she's from a fictional world, and it sounds exotic, good enough for me.

The moon waxes, and my mercy wanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom