• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

luD8vGn.jpg

http://dotabuff.com/matches/722481271

When you have 4 cores, you have to adapt #talesfromthetrench #supportriki #ihadaconstant300ping

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, I just realized. The next tf2 update is about bread. The Stanley Parable announcer has an entire story about bread. Clearly this can only mean one thing.

Valve is making a video game adaptation of Yakitate Japan.

TUSR

Banned
Mostly ganks. Axe would spot me, blink, blademail, taunt, normally getting me low enough to make blood seeker see me, so I couldn't really try and juke him, then dunk. He normally died soon after when the team caught up, but it was annoying.

Brood and NP made it a bit hard to find room to farm, brood took over bottom, and np kept the lanes pushed out and ate up the jungle.

I went Treads > Diffusal > casual RoH > S&Y, then we won.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/724205392

just buy sents for Brood and push her out of lane. how was axe so farmed when you only had 2000 gold?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
just buy sents for Brood and push her out of lane. how was axe so farmed when you only had 2000 gold?
Er, brood was on my team. And I didn't have 2k net worth, I had 2k gold while trying to farm up a relic. Axe was mid and had most of his teams kills which is likely why he was farmed enough to easily solo me at 25 minutes.

FACE

Banned
Mostly ganks. Axe would spot me, blink, blademail, taunt, normally getting me low enough to make blood seeker see me, so I couldn't really try and juke him, then dunk. He normally died soon after when the team caught up, but it was annoying.

Brood and NP made it a bit hard to find room to farm, brood took over bottom, and np kept the lanes pushed out and ate up the jungle.

I went Treads > Diffusal > casual RoH > S&Y, then we won.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/724205392

Blademail is really good on Spectre if you want or have to fight early.

Edit: I'm not too sure how viable tranquil boots are on Spectre post-nerf, but it's something to consider if you're getting a bunch of harass and bloodseeker is being bloodseeker.

Linkark07

Banned
Got a problem. Yesterday, my laptop started acting all weird and got disconnected from the game. Even though my friend tried to pause the game, the other team was full of ... and unpaused the game, leaving me with an abandon.

Thought it lasted 24 hours only, yet today I'm still on low priority.

Is that a bug or is it working as intended?

FACE

Banned
Got a problem. Yesterday, my laptop started acting all weird and got disconnected from the game. Even though my friend tried to pause the game, the other team was full of ... and unpaused the game, leaving me with an abandon.

Thought it lasted 24 hours only, yet today I'm still on low priority.

Is that a bug or is it working as intended?

Intended, they changed how low priority works a while back. Now you're stuck there for x games instead of a set amount of time.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
No seriously, what do you do when every hero on their team either has inbuilt blinks or buys blink dagger? You can't split push because you get picked off from the fog, you can't teamfight because they dictate the terms of every teamfight

And don't say "Buy a BKB". That takes 15-20 minutes in a good game where you can actually find room to farm

sixghost

No seriously, what do you do when every hero on their team either has inbuilt blinks or buys blink dagger? You can't split push because you get picked off from the fog, you can't teamfight because they dictate the terms of every teamfight

And don't say "Buy a BKB". That takes 15-20 minutes in a good game where you can actually find room to farm

Take advantage of the fact that they all bought a 2150 gold item that gives no stats or damage.

Ward well so you don't get taken by surprise. You can teamfight but you have to initiate first, that way they can't jump on you or dictate the teamfight. This is harder in pubs but smoking up, getting pickoffs and transitioning those kills into tower pushes is a good way to get map control and get ahead in general. Staying as 5 is a good way to lower the chance that they'll just jump in.

bloodseeker and pa every game. if you add the original trifecta -- pudge, mirana and invoker -- that's basically 20-30% of the heroes for every match. axe's getting picked often too. i assume it's the yellow quality hat

BeesEight

What's your team's draft?

Personally, I find a large number of my games are determined by the draft. The other team picks a bunch of scaling, late game heroes and my team decides they want to play passive farm dota until they're six slotted even though they don't scale very well. It shouldn't be a surprise then, when after forty minutes we start to lose.

It's hard to say what you can do when we don't have any idea of the game's composition but smoking and being the ones to set the point of engagement can negate the effectiveness of blinks, especially the dagger if you get the first hit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Any Doom tips?

Tried jungling but I suck with it. Should I lane and devour the lane creeps instead?

You should try to Devour jungle creeps while laning so long as you're not missing out on last hits or EXP while doing it. If the harass is too strong for you to go for hits, then go hunt in the jungle. The big Satyr is a great target for an early Devour, allowing you a range nuke to get some last hits in and a buttload of regen for sustain. Just remember not to overwrite it with some other abilities on subsequent Devours.

I don't like hungle Doom much, because it feels like a waste. Since he advances at the same snails pace whether in the lane or in the jungle, you might as well give the jungle to someone else who can actually do something with it.

Actually had a decent Doom game recently so I can point you to a replay. I'm very inexperienced with Doom, but even I managed to do well so there might be something in there for you.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/720357700

inkls

Any Doom tips?

Tried jungling but I suck with it. Should I lane and devour the lane creeps instead?

Like Haly said, devour jungle creeps but stay in lane. Satyr's hp regen is the best early, hard to bully you out of lane, but not obligatory.

Phase boots are pretty good on him, making it hard to kite you. You want to get either AC or Shiva's as your 1st/2nd major item. I personally like to get a blink dagger before that to help solo ganks.

Mek is also good, but you need another item to support its mana cost. Max devour and Scorched earth before considering putting any points in lvl? Death, you wont have the mana for it early. Keep spare points to get the appropriate level for the damage multiplier.

Refresher is a good endgame item, I've seen envy and Bone7 get aghs after it (don't get aghs as first item).

Rest is up to you. You can get vlad's for the aura + lifesteal and mana regen + armor. Also Heart, Heaven's Halberd (really good since carries can't use bkb to dispel it under doom), Basher to build into Abyssal, etc. Also Hood, maybe.

Midas is also pretty good on him, seems redundant with devour, but you'll be so far ahead in levels and gold you'll easily get your items.

Not to mention obvious pick ups like bkb if you feel you need it, getting dire wolf aura mitigates the damage loss from getting a bkb.

If against a rubick, keep your scorched earth ready for the instant you use doom so he can't steal it. Make a dooming priority list, familiarize yourself with what his ult disables.

Preemptively use scorched earth if you're about to gank a hero with a blink so the damage prevents them from blinking away. Learn everything you can steal from jungle creeps to know whats best in what situation, dire wolf aura is the best, but not always most appropriate.

use LVL? Death to get rid of linken's sphere so you can doom the target.

Make sure target is not an illusion before dooming them, worst thing that can happen.

Aghs is great against tanky heroes like lifestealer who can survive being doomed.

Dunno about radiance, never tried it on him.

Best hero in the game, don't let anyone say otherwise unless they're asking for nerfs.

You should try to Devour jungle creeps while laning so long as you're not missing out on last hits or EXP while doing it. If the harass is too strong for you to go for hits, then go hunt in the jungle. The big Satyr is a great target for an early Devour, allowing you a range nuke to get some last hits in and a buttload of regen for sustain. Just remember not to overwrite it with some other abilities on subsequent Devours.

I don't like hungle Doom much, because it feels like a waste. Since he advances at the same snails pace whether in the lane or in the jungle, you might as well give the jungle to someone else who can actually do something with it.

Actually had a decent Doom game recently so I can point you to a replay. I'm very inexperienced with Doom, but even I managed to do well so there might be something in there for you.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/720357700

Thanks!

Spent the morning before work watching EE's Doom in the EG match, I'll give this a shot too later :D

Doom stuff

You have any doom games I can watch later?

Falk

that puzzling face
Can someone link me to some really good matches from the last few months? I've been out of the Dota spectating game for a while.

You didn't watch Dreamleague finals did you?

Literally every match was serious shit balls epic (other than the last, but that's only in comparison)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Remind me to cast so I can help do TI5 quals next year.

Rerolled my 5 heroes I didn't want to play and got literally free wins.
Feels good off the back of a 22-3-21 Ember game.
rERuemP.png

_hekk05

Banned
yuodih.png

Finally completed my 10-hero challenge. Pugna, treant and shadow demon I had to play twice.

Just weren't many good games for them. Somehow won my first ever magnus game. I can see why he's insanely good.

Had to reroll my meepo for the CK for the last hero. Not gonna touch meepo with a 10 foot pole

JambiBum

Does anyone know if drunken haze gets applied if you have an MKB while dueling as LC? Just played a game where our LC built MKB but was still missing after getting hazed while dueling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom