• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Does anyone know if drunken haze gets applied if you have an MKB while dueling as LC? Just played a game where our LC built MKB but was still missing after getting hazed while dueling.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Legion_Commander
Tresdin will ignore effects that disable her attacks during Duel such as Frostbite if Duel is activated after being disabled. however casting a Frostbite while the duel is occurring will prevent the target from attacking.

"Pre-duel" effects gets ignored, "during duel" effects are applied. I don't know how the item interaction works though. MKB should go through. . . .

Carlius

Banned
who watched that vici vs lgd game? my god, i have never seen such a good disruptor, he won the game basically. hat refresher ult ffs

Steve, Beyond Earth is Alpha Centauri 2. Everything will be fine.

I noticed frog hasn't added any new items for a while. I think the last one was Shadow Amulet (which has zero use outside of building into Shadow Blade) and Tranqs/Atos/Aquila/Halberd/Abyssal. It'd be nice to see a few more after TI4, maybe.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mig (Maker of that Awesome Witch Doctor Set) says Valve will add proper partial submission support to the workshop "soon" after TI4.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
0/3 so far on my Ember games for daily hero challenge. I haven't quite gotten a handle on why I'm failing so bad yet. Knee jerk I want to blame my team, and I have gotten grouped up with some nasty feeders, like in this game and this game but I know I'm not performing great. The two times I went mid I got pretty much dominated both by a Broodmother (kill me now) and a TA who went midas and basically won the game for her team single-handedly.

I'm having a hard time farming with him. Like, I don't want to burn thru a ton of mana killing creeps because I want to be ready for shit to go off in lanes. I know I should be replicating/TPing/ulting back to farm more, I just know I'm not efficient enough at this. I feel like I should have an easier time getting kills in the early game than I am, which is where I'm probably going wrong with the hero.

I don't really like this style of hero and I'm not having a great time but at the same time I don't want to give up and reroll.

Zeth

SHIT! You can see how much you have spent in Dota 2 since the Steam Cards were added

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=117115931#post117115931

Go over and make me feel better Dota Gaf.

s5edrHv.jpg

This doesn't even include market purchases? Holy fuck.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
$233 spent on dota2 :/
pretty sure my items are worth more than that though.

This is the way I feel about it, tho I know I won't ever sell any of that shit, so that's just for peace of mind.

I remember I bought a cheap-o unusual courier and slotted a $12 gold prismatic gem in it like 2 days before that Terror Blade arcana came out and that gold gem like tripled in value. Get paid.

I'm not getting paid

Did my phoenix hero today...
I struggled a bit because I'm not overly familiar with his skills.
I think urn is required because you are constantly decreasing your life via spells.

I got teammates who got mad at me when I don't use supernova.
My understanding is you need to hit them with fire spirits first otherwise you'll just be a free kill. I dont think Phoenix should be the one initiating. His ulti is very powerful when enemy heroes are hesitating whether to attack you or not. My combo is just dive while using fire spirit, then laser a group of enemies and supernova if needed. I want to hear useful tips too since my win with him wasn't an easy one.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think urn is required because you are constantly decreasing your life via spells.
Urn is nice to have by no means necessary, you'll be near full health from Tranqs/Supernova as long as you're not wasting your HP.

My understanding is you need to hit them with fire spirits first otherwise you'll just be a free kill.
Not necessarily. 5 attacks is a very long time in the early game, and the idea is that your team will be going in while you Nova, meaning that they can stay and take burning damage and attack you, leaving your team open to attack them, or run away, taking burn damage the entire time. This presents a very tricky situation for them where they have to, as a team, decide if killing you is worth dying to your team, and most pubs can't handle it. Don't be shy of just Supernovaing in front of people if your team is ready.

I dont think Phoenix should be the one initiating.
I think Phoenix should be very aggressive in the early game, because that's where he shines in the most, and Supernova is almost always a get out of jail free card. Your job is to Dive, slow everyone, burn them, and then kite them a bit. If they try to kill you, Nova, if not, then just keep pecking at them until they die. You should be looking to use Supernova as often as possible, because it's pretty much a free fountain trip. It is obscenely powerful, and saving it for "when you need it" is a bit of a waste.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Remember that you can use all your skills during Dive. It's not out of the ordinary for Phoenix to just Dive into the enemy team, blanketing the area in Fire Spirits and then hitting Nova, leaving them in chaos while your teammates take advantage of the confusion. Then, when Nova ends, you Dive all over again to pick off whatever stragglers there are.

It's Refresher + Aegis, it should be used as aggressively as possible.
You are scum.

Legit, which is more scummy to you, Phoenix or Tinker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom