• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

iyO29rMxn9OXJ.png

So when are you turning pro?

Lmao the immortal prices went down a lot since the sales started.

Haly dotabuff link pls, I need to improve my skywrath game since he's one of my challenges.

Alright, I rerolled my last 3 compendium heroes, and got Kunkka, Clockwerk and last but not easiest Io. Anybody have some scrub-to-medium level advice for these heroes?

Kunkka seems complicated but fun, two delayed disables plus a skill that forces enemies into a specific location sounds like a great skillset to have. That said, I doubt I will be able to land the full combo anytime soon, I'm still too panicky for that. BTW, ghost ship applies the damage/stun/allied buff in the splash it makes when it lands, but does the incoming/outgoing ship itself do anything? Or is it just a visual indicator?

I think Clockwerk should be pretty straight-forward, or at least so I hope. Walk/hookshot up to people, trap them in cogs, and throw out battery assault and autoattacks (and flare/hookshot if available). Use flare to scout and harass and cogs to escape.

Wisp is probably the hardest of the three, and I will have to read up on how tether hp and mana regen works exactly. Fortunately, hard support is my jam so it'll be good to get at least some basic understanding of him.

Artanisix

So dotabuff has a bunch of new fancy stats on the right side.

I have 75% RD winrate, 66% CM winrate. I win 3% more on Radiant than Dire and 7% more on USW than USE.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So dotabuff has a bunch of new fancy stats on the right side.

I have 75% RD winrate, 66% CM winrate. I win 3% more on Radiant than Dire and 7% more on USW than USE.

55% Dire with 51% Radiant for me.

That rosh advantage.

This is actually pretty interesting, I think it reveals a bit about the kind of player you are. When I play with Astroboy, he almost always goes mid, and plays RTZ style, so his win rate on Radiant is 4% higher than his win rate on Dire. Me? I play supports/offlaners, with the occasional carry, and I do best over long games where I can leverage my warding to secure Rosh over and over again, so both on my main and my smurf, my Dire win rate is higher. On my smurf its like 62% Dire vs 51% Radiant.

Chris R

Last sale I didn't even get anything related to doto :(

And I like the updated stats on dotabuff... Hot damn I play a bunch of Single Draft.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I'm going to do spectre for that tool. I hope valve lets people use it with more after ti4, seems like a cool tool.

Quesa

Not sure who to pick for my favorite thing. Favorite hero is Earth Spirit, but I'm not sure keeping track of item progression would be super beneficial for him since his builds vary quite a bit. Other candidates include:

Timber
Lycan (yeah I know whatever I like him)
Windrunner
Clockwerk
Bristleboss
Gyro
Nyx
Skywrath

hm...

New DotaBuff stats are interesting. They tell me I should never play any mode but Captain's Draft as I win almost twice as often at that mode. Also my win rate in ranked matches is a lot higher than non ranked.

Ties

Banned
Someone sucks at taking rosh!
The thing about pubs in general is that no one attempts to take Roshan until very very late into the game or unless they have a hero that is dedicated to soloing him. I always try to ward/deward the Rosh pit and ping for smoke banks but no one ever wants to go in. :|

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The thing about pubs in general is that no one attempts to take Roshan until very very late into the game or unless they have a hero that is dedicated to soloing him. I always try to ward/deward the Rosh pit and ping for smoke banks but no one ever wants to go in. :|

:(((

That feel, I understand it.

Atlantis

Stan Banks sis.

Ketch

Ah man, now I need to pick a favorite hero :( dotabuff says I've never used a hero more than 9 times... Almost 400 matches now lol.

That's how I feel. I have shit win rates with my most picked heroes, which makes them not my favorites and now I'm just gonna pick Invoker because fuck it he's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom