• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not qualified to speak about anything League, but in my limited experience the times are more or less the same.

They most certainly are not the same. Not even close. Not until, as you said, you get into mixed/awkward MMR combinations on your team. If you're solo queuing (ranked or normal), that shit pops in under a minute most of the time until you get into the 5k MMR equivalent range.

The only mode that is as slow as or slower than Dota at finding matches is the Team Builder mode which (for those who don't know) allows you to queue with your preferred character and position pre-selected, then finds you a team based on it. I've had that mode take 15 minutes before because of an abundance of people queueing for the same role, or not enough queuing for something like support. Otherwise, if I've waited more than 2 minutes for a queue in League, it's uncommon. Where if I'm waiting more than 2 minutes for a queue to pop in Dota 2, it's the expectation.

But yea as everyone else said, the player base size is still substantially different. Especially in the US, which I believe is the smallest region in Dota 2.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Speaking of long queues, do we know why League queue times are 0:30 - 2:00 on average (until you get up to the equivalent of 5500k+ mmr) compared to our Dota 2 queue times? Are there just that many more people on playing League? Is Dota 2's system tasked with doing more as it establishes a balanced party MMR?

I always assumed that as more people began to play Dota 2 that the queue times would get meaningfully shorter. They haven't.
Lower player base. Possibly more weight on search since games can be twice as long as LoL.

In the end it's about the same because so many people play League on potatoes that actually take 5 minutes to load.

Acinixys

★ ° ☾ ☆ ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...somewhere  
 ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ * :. . ¸ . ● ★  ★☾ . ● ¸ .   ★ ° .  •     * .  ☾ °  * .  ☾ °  
¸. ...in a parallel universe* ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ 
° :.  . • ○ °★  . * . .  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...PieLieDie ° ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★ 
.  * .     ¸.●  ° ☾ ★ * :. . ¸ . ● ¸   * ...isn't shit

Wow C9 getting pubstompped. Pretty embarrassing.

Yup, totally dominated by 322

Artanisix

★ ° ☾ ☆ ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ * :. .
 ¸ . ● ★  ★☾ . ● ¸ .   ★ ° .  •     * .  ☾ °  * .  ☾ °  ¸. ...in a parallel universe
* ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ...PieLieDie ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ °★  . * . .  ¸. * ● ¸ . 
 ° ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ °★  .  * .     ¸.●  ° ☾ ★ * :. . ¸ . ● ¸   * ...isn't shit

edit:fuck

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Day 1 - Treasure of the Dark Implements
Day 2 - Treasure of the Forbidden Lotus
Day 3 - Treasure of the Crystalline Chaos
Day 4 - Treasure of the Shaper Divine
Day 5 - Treasure of the Cursed Wood
Day 6 - Treasure of the Malignant Amanita
Day 7 - Treasure of the Incandescent Wax
Day 8 - Treasure of the Rubiline Sheen
Day 9 - Emerald Polycount Collection
Day 10 - Treasure of the Ember Essence
Day 11 - Treasure of the Earth Essence

manfestival

★ ° ☾ ☆ ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...somewhere  
 ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ * :. . ¸ . ● ★  ★☾ . ● ¸ .   ★ ° .  •     * .  ☾ °  * .  ☾ °  
¸. ...in a parallel universe* ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ 
° :.  . • ○ °★  . * . .  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...PieLieDie ° ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★ 
.  * .     ¸.●  ° ☾ ★ * :. . ¸ . ● ¸   * ...isn't shit

Spent some of my sale money on 11 more compendium levels. Got the final 3 immortals. All dupes, but I got the warlock staff so that's pretty nice.

Anyone interested in a extra puck tale, sniper rifle or lion wand?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Spent some of my sale money on 11 more compendium levels. Got the final 3 immortals. All dupes, but I got the warlock staff so that's pretty nice.

Anyone interested in a extra puck tale, sniper rifle or lion wand?
I need the sniper rife still, but I'll probably level mine up before the end of TI4 anyway

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I for one am glad I forgot to bet.

So, I wonder when Valve is going to push out ARDM (Which is nearly flawless, but seems to have a half dozen hard to pin crash bugs), the million hats, and the TI4 Chest (There are a bunch of text lines for single items that have never been on the workshop, which were likely made by Valve for a Chest). Weather Effects seem done too, and the Emoticon Pack seems to be close to shipping.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is it bad that I feel these old single item chests should stay at $.49?

Also, the Silent Ripper is likely going to have a huge Price Crash on Sunday, if you want it that is likely the best time to get it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This is a weird set, I thought it was Clockwork at first:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=272819187

Also, the Dota Cinema Timber Saw set is up:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=272910253

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So did that favorite hero challenge pop up yet? I didnt see it last night when i looked for it.

shira

No keys necessary either.

Yeah, I don't know what happens to the key market after TI4.
Will chests become the new currency in trading? If so, the new "currency" is going on sale for 80% off. If they don't expire you could essentially build your market base for the future.

Crazy time to be a seller right now.

wWM2rCK.png

when did dotabuff add this to the main page again?

i picked that one cause its like the only one that makes me look good
: (, why do mine all say Trench Tier level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom