• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

Holy fuck ARDM is hilarious, I got bloodseeker into void which was nervewracking but turned out okay. I am capable of walking around and hitting the R button lol.
I did accidentally get people killed when I silenced Undying though :(
I wanted to stop him from casting tombstone but was a second too late and then we had zombies and a stronger undying to deal with.

Chris R

That's how I feel. I have shit win rates with my most picked heroes, which makes them not my favorites and now I'm just gonna pick Invoker because fuck it he's fun.

I'm perfect with Faceless Void but I know he isn't my favorite hero. I love playing support roles, but when I go full support I get teamed with people who can't carry so we usually lose... Maybe I'll pick one of my favorite supports though and work on converting them into a semi-carry if the team needs it.

Messiah

According to Dotamax my hidden mmr reached the "very high" tier. I did it GAF
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

#roadtoti27

In other news:
Dg5u8tr.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody having autoexec issues after one of the latest updates? My hotkeys to check rune spots don't work anymore.

Also for some reason whenever I summon a healing ward with Jugg it auto follows me even if I try to select it and move it elsewhere, it won't move more than a few units away from me before clinging to my ass.

I'll probably pick lich for my favorite hero, because 1) he's actually my favorite hero and 2) I never really know what to build on him after getting tranquil boots and then mek rush (skipping wand, bracer, urn, etc.). I usually pick between force staff, veil of discord and pipe of insight.

EDIT: as a side note, does anybody have a clue when the lich inscribed gems are going to be available? According to the wiki they exist but haven't been added to the game yet.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anybody having autoexec issues after one of the latest updates? My hotkeys to check rune spots don't work anymore.
Everyone is having trouble with their rune binds, I believe kirby said to delete the 3rd value (z position).

Also for some reason whenever I summon a healing ward with Jugg it auto follows me even if I try to select it and move it elsewhere, it won't move more than a few units away from me before clinging to my ass.
dota_camera_setpos only takes two parameters now so you will probably need to update your binding.

FACE

Banned
Ah man, now I need to pick a favorite hero :( dotabuff says I've never used a hero more than 9 times... Almost 400 matches now lol.

For me that doesn't really mean anything, I've played over 100 matches as Lich and I fucking hate that hero.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Everyone is having trouble with their rune binds, I believe kirby said to delete the 3rd value (z position).

dota_camera_setpos only takes two parameters now so you will probably need to update your binding.

Thanks. Now I gotta tweak the x and y positions cause they don't point exactly where they used to for some reason.

Madouu

For me that doesn't really mean anything, I've played over 100 matches as Lich and I fucking hate that hero.

You sir are truly selfless
or a masochist

I like lich, especially if it's one of those games where I can go phaseboots, s&y, euls.

Hylian7

I just lost a 1v1 to a Rubick that had wards and was successfully guessing the runes before spawn every time. Feels bad man.

The game before that was epic though. I was Lone Druid vs a Jakiro. For the second kill I ended up diving him all the way to base.

LiQuid!

If you haven't found them:

Top - "dota_camera_setpos -2273 1800"
Bottom - "dota_camera_setpos 3035 -2350"

Damn, that would have saved me a bunch of time putzing with the values haha.

This new loadout screen is really awesome but holy crap has it exposed how bad some of these hero models look close up. Looking at Jakiro's model causes me actual, physical discomfort. He looks like a 2-headed Glad bag.

Not to sound like an entitled shit but I hope this leads to a full-on UI redesign for the rest of the client soon too. It's really quite a bit sleeker than the rest of the menus.

Goddard

What do you guys think of the new update? I'm a bit LTTP but I just logged on and damn, you wouldn't expect them to, but the swath of little improvements they have made really do improve the overall experience by quite a bit. Dat compendium money going to work.

Jarnet87

How did Lion not make it into the next round for model rework, he is absolutely hideous. He needs a new model more then any other hero.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Know that feeling you have when you have a bad team but still carry them to a victory in Dota?

You will never have that in Heroes of the Storm

Know that feeling you have when you have a bad team but still carry them to a victory in Dota?

You will never have that in Heroes of the Storm
Hey! I played hots and had that feeling.

Game's pretty good, kind of like a dumbed down league of legends mixed with diretide. It's not a bad game by any means, it's a lot of fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom