• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What exactly has led to this rise for Tinker? Iirc he hasn't received any buffs in recent patches. Is it just a case of him recently being played more in the pro scene putting more of a spotlight on the hero?

Meta was getting too varied and interesting so a handful of pros are colluding to shit it up again.

Has IceFrog always done balancing this way historically, or is this more of a recent evolution?
From what I can tell Frog has always nerfed popular heroes/items (while still letting them do their job) and buffed unpopular/"weak" heroes/items. He's a bit of a balance hipster.

Shergal

Mek is pretty much viable on everyone as long as they have the mana to realistically cast it in a fight without hindering their job as a hero. SF fits the bill, and since he can farm it in 8 minutes, it's extremely powerful.

I'd never go Mek SF unless I know I have an AM on the safelane with a 12 minute Bfury+Midas tho. He did the same build the other day when Burning was on a Naga as well.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
razor such a good freaking hero. scrubs level up Q first lol. That W sends them all running so hard.

edit: lol at the tinker haters. hes a great hero, but you have to be good to play him, you cant just be any scrub. i am so bad with tinker, i cant even get boots of travel lol

What does that have to do with anything?

not only lasso is good to pick ppl off but his fire will destroy everyone while theyre all busy fighting. they will burnnnnnnnnnn.

i remember one game i had with bat, we were losing very badly, i said, if i get blink, we win the game. we won. thats how powerful blink bat is. picking ppl off can win u a game

Love using rubick against bat and stealing fire. You lay the same path as him during team fights and the other team doesn't even know to run. Your team will naturally run since they think it's his flames.

RS4-

I've been on the tinker train since the start when I was able to tp onto couriers, fountain farm, sniper couriers and items and troll all game.

In Dota 1. Then map changes, harder to fountain snipe, less trees, etc etc.

Tinker was my most used hero in the first two years in 2 though; but that dropped dramatically. Maybe 100 games over that span, thirty since then.

Judging from reddit and others, this week's offering rewards were complete shit.

I may pick up TA

Zoon

Cleaning my inv, I noticed I've got a BB helm from ESL with: Fogged of North American Rejects scored a double kill against Revenge-
Is it worth anything or trash?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Oh my god I am so over manaless blink. I thought it was cool at first but its part of what I think is warping the meta to an aggressive teamfight ambush strategy

Yeah, damn manaless blink for making Doto the best it has ever been.

Demoli

Yeah, damn manaless blink for making Doto the best it has ever been.

This aint 6.78

Manaless blink is good on paper, but it just almost breaks few heroes, Tinker being the most obvious due to both the bug and frequency of blinks he does. I'd like to see icefrog expleriment with something like a movespeed debuff on blink.

LiQuid!

This aint 6.78

Manaless blink is good on paper, but it just almost breaks few heroes, Tinker being the most obvious due to both the bug and frequency of blinks he does. I'd like to see icefrog expleriment with something like a movespeed debuff on blink.

Tinker is real easy, stop rearm from refreshing blink and leave my god damned manaless blink alone.

KevinRo

This aint 6.78

I think you shouldn't be able to refresh blink dagger.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rearming the blink cancel needs fixing IMO.

This, before anything else.

Some of you guys react to perceived imbalance way too harshly. DOTA2 is an extremely subtle game, and the Tinker problem can be fixed with very minute adjustments without overhauling Blink Dagger, which is one of the most important mechanics in the game and is more or less defining 6.80, 6.81 and 6.81b.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Make blink dagger unusable for longer when hit, like 5 seconds, I dunno just don't take away muh 0 mana blink.

God, no, that would be far worse.

It would be almost unbuyable except on initiators like it used to be, without affecting Tinker one bit.

Kreunt

Banned
Just remove Tinker from the game entirely IMO.

seriously though, fix the blink bug and prolly shorten the range on missiles.

Doomboy

Neo Member
I know everyone has losing streaks, but man does it suck when that bad losing streak starts just when you're trying to get through your ranked calibration.
or maybe I'm a bad player

Not looking forward to seeing that number now.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So yeah, ARDM still has some hilarious bugs. In a game I just played my friend respawned...with control of two separate heroes. They both had the items he was carrying before.

5SLasIe.jpg

ViviOggi

I know everyone has losing streaks, but man does it suck when that bad losing streak starts just when you're trying to get through your ranked calibration.
or maybe I'm a bad player

Not looking forward to seeing that number now.
As far as I know you're facing players outside of your hidden MMR during calibration. Those matches don't make much of a difference anyway so don't beat yourself up about it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I honestly don't care about Tinker that much, manaless blink isn't that great for him IMO since if you're doing Tinker properly you don't have mana problems when you're out pushing anyway. I'm just annoyed of how much ambush dota I've been seeing lately. I never like it when one strategy feels like its consistently how my matches are playing out.

ViviOggi

█░░█░█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀█ ░ █▀█
█░░█░█░░░█░░░█▀▄ ░█▀▀█
▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░ ▀░▀░░▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
██████▄▄█░░░░░███▄