• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JambiBum

Do we know for certain that ERA is going to TI? There was that tweet he sent out saying that he won't be playing in any LANs over the summer.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
myXhGBS.png

man it's been a good week of dota

Are there any free workshop announcer packs, or does every announcer pack cost a minimum of 5 dollars. :(
You can mod in free ones if you want, the notable one being the NBA jam pack.

Most of them are like 40 cents on the market, which means they're basically paid for if you get a card for voting in the sale and then selling it.

Also just take others in game from the top left menu.

You can mod in free ones if you want, the notable one being the NBA jam pack.

Most of them are like 40 cents on the market, which means they're basically paid for if you get a card for voting in the sale and then selling it.

Also just take others in game from the top left menu.

I've seen some on the workshop page but there doesn't seem to be a download option anywhere. How do you mod them in exactly?

Nymerio

I'm really loving the use of the spectator zoom out. Gives cool context to movements of teams.

It's really good. Especially in the rosh pit where you can now actually see where all the players are. It's also really cool during smoke ganks. Can't wait till we have instant replays as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You CAN in fact ban out all of Bulldog's heroes, that's his problem.

Also he's nowhere near as good as Xcalibur so each ban hurts him more and more.

inkls

What are good picks that will extend the duration of a game? I ask because I just played PL and my team wasn`t able to hold off the other team before I could reach critical mass (I helped in teamfights).

Haly

DOTA2 can actually lose one ban from the current number, the current amazing hero balance will keep the game alive. I don't see a 6th ban coming anytime soon at this rate, because Icefrog is doing a good job every major patch with these balance changes.

You CAN in fact ban out all of Bulldog's heroes, that's his problem.

Also he's nowhere near as good as Xcalibur so each ban hurts him more and more.

The Bulldog problem used to be(at TI3, it's not really a problem anymore) that he'd wreck you if you gave him one of his 3 heroes, but you'd be giving the rest of Alliance whatever hero they wanted if you banned all of his. So instead you had to give Akke Chen, S4 Puck, etc and they'd still beat you.

None of this applies to recent Alliance mind you.

Haly

It still applies, but Alliance plays much tighter than Fnatic does. They need all their pieces to form Exodia to sweep games, whereas Fnatic is much more flexible.

With Alliance, if you ban out Bulldog, that hurts all of Alliance, even if you give them the rest of their signatures, since all their best heroes are still little more than components in the Alliance patented Split Push Machine™.
With Fnatic, if you ban out Xcalibur, that only slightly hurts Xcalibur and Fnatic not at all.

Haly

When he's not playing NP, he's playing like, s4-lite. Slark, Bat, etc.

He's a good player, but he's no s4, and s4 himself is having trouble being s4 in this meta because it's not friendly to ganker mids like Puck and Invoker.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
When he's not playing NP, he's playing like, s4-lite. Slark, Bat, etc.

He's a good player, but he's no s4, and s4 himself is having trouble being s4 in this meta because it's not friendly to ganker mids like Puck and Invoker.

I remember when his stable was NP, LD, Clock, DS and Bounty.

Haly

Yeah, pretty much. They can't afford to have Bulldog blunder around anymore, not in this environment with, like, Bone7 and iceiceice.

Every player has to be game-winning now, or else you'll just end up like C9.

Razzer

What are good picks that will extend the duration of a game? I ask because I just played PL and my team wasn`t able to hold off the other team before I could reach critical mass (I helped in teamfights).

Wave clearers like KOTL, global presence like Tinker and NP who can rat it up. Basically, if they can kill creeps fast and be relatively safe, they are good at stalling.

Kard8p3

80p2XJQ.png

It's been pretty good (one or two matches away from 4k Party!).

Also, anyone know why it says the skill bracket for only some of those games? I have it filtered to be all ranked matches.

Ur the cancer killing Dota Pls stop before the gods strike you down to 3.2k.

Zeth

The Disruptor helm wasn't included with the GEST ticket bundle. I think they are included now because there are some on the market, but they're $5. Think they might fix it for previous purchasers, Matt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom