• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomboy

Neo Member
As far as I know you're facing players outside of your hidden MMR during calibration. Those matches don't make much of a difference anyway so don't beat yourself up about it.

Yeah, dunno, the first ranked game I did felt like the most technical match I've ever played and I rightfully lost after being completely out of my league, but the rest of the matches just seem like bad luck with losses due to one or two bad eggs or poor teamwork. Still got four to go anyway.

Good to know that they don't make much of a difference though!

Falk

that puzzling face
Watching this game I am 99% sure Ayesee doesn't know what cold feet does.

edit: Nor panda cyclone

Jesus

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As impressive as this line-up really is, keep in mind the game is still really close. They haven't busted the meta or anything, just introduced a new way of approaching it. The fact that such an unorthodox strategy is barely disrupting Empire's discipline means that it might not have the chops to survive in the long run, once people figure it out.

EDIT: Okay, nevermind, Fnatic's got dis.

So banning Meepo vs Fnatic probably seems like the thing now?
How can you afford not to?

It's just that...you can't ban all of his heroes. And if you do, then you're letting permabanned heroes through.

Sorry Era, but maybe it's time to find a new team.

Is there anything Xcalibur isn't godly at?

Not that we've seen so far. But he always gets one of the heroes he seems to be very, very good at. Tinker, Meepo, Tiny...he's going to get one of them.

Against Fnatic you have to ban Meepo and Tinker but then they just pick IO so if Fnatic have first pick you're in a really bad position

yep, and we saw the kind of devastation he can bring to bear with Tiny. Pair it with an Io and results look just like this last match.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wonder how n0tail feels now that he's not the Meepo guy. E-God is way too fricken good on that hero.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think they share control. In this case, having two Meepo players help!

Huh.

I never thought of this before, but there aren't any rules to handle hero sharing in competitive DOTA2. I mean, I'm 99.99% sure n0tail and Xcalibur aren't dancing the Maapo pas de deux, but it's certainly possible within the current engine and ruleset...

M.D

great performance from everyone

e-god meepo is probably the best i've ever seen

fly skywrath is also probably one of the best i've ever seen

Anilusion

Bought 4 chests and got the 3 items I wanted. Feelsgood.

yJVdVmY.png

How can you afford not to?

It's just that...you can't ban all of his heroes. And if you do, then you're letting permabanned heroes through.

Sorry Era, but maybe it's time to find a new team.

Against Fnatic you have to ban Meepo and Tinker but then they just pick IO so if Fnatic have first pick you're in a really bad position

Yeah fair points. Having to ban Meepo and Tinker gives Fnatic access to top tier picks like Doom, Mirana, Bat etc.

Will be interesting to see what strats teams run to try and counter Fnatic's Meepo at TI4.

M.D

Yeah fair points. Having to ban Meepo and Tinker gives Fnatic access to top tier picks like Doom, Mirana, Bat etc.

Will be interesting to see what strats teams run try and counter Fnatic's Meepo at TI4.

if era is playing at TI4 there will be no core meepo unless fnatic keeps up the trend of switching roles every game and gives notail play core meepo

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
WE NEED TEN BANS IN THE FIRST PHASE TO DEAL WITH XCALIBUR

all hail the true god, the messiah of pure blood, king of esports

Legit fnatic needs to drop era immediately and sign this kid now. They are an infinitely better team with xcalibur. H4nn1 plays an amazing support (especially ES), n0tail has always been a core player (since HoN), and excalibur could even be better than arteezy mid. They found their mojo.

shira

Bought 4 chests and got the 3 items I wanted. Feelsgood.

yJVdVmY.png

I think I went through the first 10 pages of steam community market looking for a gemmed Silent Ripper. None to be found. .

Zzzzzzz

Do we even know for sure if Era will be back? They've been weirdly silent on the whole thing

It probably depends on the injury/ailment.

But it's looking like a Fear situation. Radio silence for months then big announcement.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Make blink dagger unusable for longer when hit, like 5 seconds, I dunno just don't take away muh 0 mana blink.

I don't expect we'll see blink nerfs. Probably just continue to see hero adjustments for those that are too good with the new blink (as we saw with bat and centaur, maybe brew and doom coming up post ti4).

sixghost

He's still the Meepo guy. He's just the meepo guy when they want to run support Meepo.

As for how he feels, he should be taking notes. He just met a black belt Meepo player.

I still think notail's carry meepo is better. Excaliber has been excellent, but he's had some very favorable lanes and good starts in a few of these games. Meepo is still weak in lane, teams just aren't going after him as hard as they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom