• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

How do you guys control meepo? Its been a while since I've played him

12345 for each meepo is really good, but I'm looking for some keys to bind all of them together and also bind all the clones togerher

Anything beyond 5 is uncomfortable

Kioshen

12345 for each meepo is really good, but I'm looking for some keys to bind all of them together and also bind all the clones togerher

There are system level key bindings to select all and select others. Use tab to cycle your meepo's in a group.

sixghost

I think hotkeying all the meepos individually is overkill

1 main meepo
2 all other meepos
3 all meepos
4 meepo #2 and 3
5 meepo #4 and 5

Falk

that puzzling face
Why?

Seems like there'd be way better items to get on him in every circumstance. Heck even a force staff seems infinitely more useful.

Madouu

Fair. Been experimenting with lots of different builds.

Orchid was a great item to get on him in hon since it silenced items too over there. I've tried a few times in dota and I'm not convinced... I can see it being good if you get it early enough and you need to lock down a very specific hero.

If you are experimenting, try blink and armlet, both are actually really good on him. Force staff too mainstream nowadays.

sephi22

Guys, thoughts on Lone Druid? He seems to be dead in the current meta.
I'm new to the world of carries, and feel like getting to know LD.

On the topic of Clockwerk builds; I've been trying to learn him for my compendium, but a lot of the builds in the guides I read and gameplay I see confuse me.

1. Why buy a bottle when you're going solo offlane, not mid? Is it really worth it if you can't refill it with runes? Or are you supposed to be ganking lanes so often you pass by runes regularly?

2. Why force staff over blink dagger? Blink has more accuracy, twice the range and a shorter cooldown. Plus, I don't think you really benefit that much from the stats. Is it just to get out of your own cogs quicker while being hit?

3. Why phase boots or threads if you need a lot of mana (apparently so much it's worth getting a bottle and force staff for), not arcane boots?

4. Is there any merit to getting a ring of basilius early? The flat mana regen, damage and armor are all really useful to you. Plus, you can turn it into a vlads later, which for the relatively small upgrade price gives some nice benefits to Clockwerk.

inkls

On the topic of Clockwerk builds; I've been trying to learn him for my compendium, but a lot of the builds in the guides I read and gameplay I see confuse me.

1. Why buy a bottle when you're going solo offlane, not mid? Is it really worth it if you can't refill it with runes? Or are you supposed to be ganking lanes so often you pass by runes regularly?

2. Why force staff over blink dagger? Blink has more accuracy, twice the range and a shorter cooldown. Plus, I don't think you really benefit that much from the stats. Is it just to get out of your own cogs quicker while being hit?

3. Why phase boots or threads if you need a lot of mana (apparently so much it's worth getting a bottle and force staff for), not arcane boots?

4. Is there any merit to getting a ring of basilius early? The flat mana regen, damage and armor are all really useful to you. Plus, you can turn it into a vlads later, which for the relatively small upgrade price gives some nice benefits to Clockwerk.

force staff to exit the cogs in case the guy stuck in there is too strong, you already have your ult to close the gap. Phase to chase, Treads for the hp, you can tread switch for extra mana too. Bottle is still very good with how mana intensive cw is early, you refill it with the occasional rune.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man i dunno what happened to Fnatic recently but they been playing out of their minds this week, it's really impressive. Sure excalibur is pretty awesome but it's the whole team that is performing very well too backing him up. If they continue playing this way they have a serious shot a TI4. Anuxi must be happy.

Falk

that puzzling face
Orchid was a great item to get on him in hon since it silenced items too over there. I've tried a few times in dota and I'm not convinced... I can see it being good if you get it early enough and you need to lock down a very specific hero.

If you are experimenting, try blink and armlet, both are actually really good on him. Force staff too mainstream nowadays.

Well, blink is cheating as far as a recommendation goes because it's ridiculously good on any hero now.

edit: To be more useful, I honestly can't see any reason not to get a blademail first in most cases. More mana for the one-two-three combo and it synergizes really well with how he ganks.

FACE

Banned
nYCuCeV.png

This has to be shopped(Xboct was playing Doom and Solo was playing Weaver).

Madouu

1- Additionally to what have been said by the previous posters, you can bottle crow. I don't get a bottle but it works for people that use it well.

2- I like blink over force staff, it's not about closing the gaps but either to get a better angle for your ult or wait for the inevitable force staff after your ult to blink>cog in addition to the all the usual benefits of a dagger. Force staff is fine and the safer build though, this is just personal preference. The main benefit of force staff is being able to use it on both allies and enemies, unlike blink, and the stats don't hurt.

3- Phase boots, treads, travels even mana boots work, it depends on the game, what's your role and what you want to achieve. Phase boots is my personal preference: damage which you need for your early kill and gank attempts, helps with last hitting, gives you mobility through phase... you shouldn't need too much survivability items with your skill set.

4- Ring is fine, some nice stats that help, same with magic wand. Clock doesn't need much to get going so inexpensive items that help you early on are very useful. Don't like urn too much on him though.

Well, blink is cheating as far as a recommendation goes because it's ridiculously good on any hero now.

It's particularly useful on him if you are good with cogs, I think it was good even when blink cost 75 mana. Blademail, force staff, aghanims are the obvious item choices of course, didn't mention because he said he was experimenting.
Don't get Vanguard

Razzer

Seeing as I kinda drivebyed that, my thoughts with Orchid are that it could be good when solo killing if you get a good start, the damage amp plus the fact they can no longer stun you means you could go for tankier targets like, say, a dragon knight without fear that they can just stun you in cogs, wait out the blademail and kill you. Not to mention the attack speed and int gives him more killing potential plus mana regen. But it's situational for sure.

Edit: in that example it would be before bkbs come out, naturally.

Chris R

I made a mistake picking void as my favorite hero :( Shit teams all day because of it. Ugh

edit: Build is like this: PMS -> Boots -> (Midas if Lane is EZ) -> Treads -> MoM -> Maelstrom. First point in Time Walk, then up to 6 or 7 depending on how lane is (Hard -> Backtrack, EZ -> Time Lock)

I'd have no problem if my lane was never hard but it seems I get a total idiot in my lane more often than not and end up not getting much in terms of CS for the first 5-10 mins, putting me behind for the rest of the game.

:(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What does this mean? We dont know if Earth Spirit will see competitive play.
He was talking about Hylian abusing Earth Spirit to get to 4k, right before the nerf.

Regarding Earth Spirit. He'll be nerfed/changed before he hits CM. Then he's going to get immediately removed from CM when everyone realizes how broken he is and Icefrog panics.

Ditto Phoenix.

Heard it here first!

Haly

Does blade mail work on legion commander? like pop blade mail then duel?

Yes. It's not that great, but it's useful for countering specific heroes, particularly Sniper.

Shinypogs

He was talking about Hylian abusing Earth Spirit to get to 4k, right before the nerf.

Regarding Earth Spirit. He'll be nerfed/changed before he hits CM. Then he's going to get immediately removed from CM when everyone realizes how broken he is and Icefrog panics.

Ditto Phoenix.

Heard it here first!

What exactly is broken about phoenix, fire bird is fun but doesn't seem to be like pre-nerf terrorblade broken.

Ketch

Yes. It's not that great, but it's useful for countering specific heroes, particularly Sniper.

hmm I thought the early mana and the extra damage in a duel would be nice early…

I can't wait for her to be added to CM… I want to see a Fnatic wisp/legion combo. Or an arteezy legion mid

Haly

What exactly is broken about phoenix, fire bird is fun but doesn't seem to be like pre-nerf terrorblade broken.

When he hits level 2, he wins his lane. It doesn't matter what you throw against him, he'll never die, he'll never leave, he'll never fall behind.

Then, when he inevitably hits 6, your aggressive trilane is fucked.
hmm I thought the early mana and the extra damage in a duel would be nice early…

I can't wait for her to be added to CM… I want to see a Fnatic wisp/legion combo. Or an arteezy legion mid

It's not bad by any means, it synergizes with Duel very well. I'm just saying that it's not the best item you could possibly get on her for that price.

Regarding the mana thing, I play her as a mid so I always have Bottle.

Hylian7

Ditto Phoenix.

Heard it here first!
Sounds about right. ES is strong and underutilized.

Haly

In his current state, he's like mapwalk Broodmother; just totally broken mechanics-wise. In the hands of someone with the right skills, and he's not even that complicated, Invoker is more demanding overall, he is completely busted. The only thing keeping him from exploding in pubs is that he doesn't have a gradual skill slope like Invoker, or Meepo. You're either good with him or you're trash. There's no middle ground to Earth Spirit.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Man i dunno what happened to Fnatic recently but they been playing out of their minds this week, it's really impressive. Sure excalibur is pretty awesome but it's the whole team that is performing very well too backing him up. If they continue playing this way they have a serious shot a TI4. Anuxi must be happy.

Switching h4nn1 off mid to support, putting n0tail on a core, and putting xcalibur on mid was just amazing for them. H4nn1 plays an awesome high impact support, n0tail always played mid/core in HoN, and xcalibur is basically their version of arteezy.

Ditto Phoenix.

Heard it here first!

Wait. What makes Earth Spirit so great?

My unscientific research of trying him once at extremely low level play didn't produce any "OMG WOW!" moments.

And how does Phoenix auto win his lane at level 2?

inkls

DOES IT GETS MORE WOMBO THAN THIS COMBO?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/734329953

Gosh this game, was a bit mad at the start because void didn't listen to our draft discussion and picked void when I was supposed to and kept saying the whole game ''I am lag, sorry guys'' (he apparently had 300 ping).

But tide got fed (16-ish minutes refresher lol) and the rest of our team was pretty good so we managed to teamwipe the radiant 3 times easily.

#roadto3k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom