• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

My worst start of the day the team isn't shit and we come back in win.

My other games I was wrecking the laning phase only to be paired with mentally challenged individuals.

Ultimatum

Banned
I like storm, even when your team is completely fucking retarded you can still win

however do you guys have any tips because I feel like I don't know how to improve with him other than making the right calls on how to spend your mana

I normally go bottle, treads, orchid, linkens/bkb, hex

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I do actually wish more streams printed who was casting. I listen to beyond the summit a ton, and don't know one voice from another.

Every time I see a Stout Shield Tidehunter I die a little inside. Read your skill descriptions people!

It Allows you to go Anchor Smash level 1 though.

Aselith

I wonder why prices on stuff like Ruby Wings and KOTL legendary are dipping so low. Like usually this stuff the prices drop low on the common stuff because traders are trying to make a little back where they are trying to get the rare stuff right? So if the legendaries aren't the end game, what is?

I wonder why prices on stuff like Ruby Wings and KOTL legendary are dipping so low. Like usually this stuff the prices drop low on the common stuff because traders are trying to make a little back where they are trying to get the rare stuff right? So if the legendaries aren't the end game, what is?
Unusual couriers, cowboy Ursa, Dragonclaw hook, Timebreakers.

These are the trading end game items.

Aselith

Unusual couriers, cowboy Ursa, Dragonclaw hook, Timebreakers.

These are the trading end game items.

No, no I mean for these chests. Like why sell so low when you can wait for the sale to end and prices to go back up and get 5-10 times the price or whatever. Like Ruby Wings was 20 dollars. Wait a few weeks and it'll probably head north quite a lot after this sale is over.

dmshaposv

No, no I mean for these chests. Like why sell so low when you can wait for the sale to end and prices to go back up and get 5-10 times the price or whatever. Like Ruby Wings was 20 dollars. Wait a few weeks and it'll probably head north quite a lot after this sale is over.

Nah.

After one major sale, where the prices tank, the value of the item remains low since traders stock up thinking they are the only ones doing it - but everyone is doing it too.

Remember after the winter sale how hard the prices of the Legendary Mirana mount tanked. It was around $12, and then went down as low as $0.99, and is still below $3.

Basically, the only safe bet are immortals and exclusive genuine/item code items like the WETA stuff, winter sale promo items (scythe of ice/ governor's salakot), old TI2 stuff.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Owlion is one of the most owned Mirana items in the game, but that is likely in part due to the Treasure of the Shaper's Legacy. I should see some time if I can estimate when the items came out.

Also, looking at ownership numbers, the Coke Collection items may actually be decent investments, they seem to have a pretty small distribution so far.

Also, the two new chests don't look like they are selling too well, maybe when the summer sale ends they will spike up.

ElyrionX

Nah.

After one major sale, where the prices tank, the value of the item remains low since traders stock up thinking they are the only ones doing it - but everyone is doing it too.

Remember after the winter sale how hard the prices of the Legendary Mirana mount tanked. It was around $12, and then went down as low as $0.99, and is still below $3.

Basically, the only safe bet are immortals and exclusive genuine/item code items like the WETA stuff, winter sale promo items (scythe of ice/ governor's salakot), old TI2 stuff.

I agree that prices will generally stay low after a sale. However, the winter sale is not a good example of this because Valve basically made a large part of the Winter sale discount permanent when they dropped the prices of item sets across the board for good.

Anyway, I got burned a couple of times the last few months after ponying up for Aether Wings, Heaven Piercing Pauldrons, Silent Ripper and Frost Owl's Beacon. So yeah, lesson learnt. Never pay for seemingly rare items in this game because Valve seems hellbent on making sure people have cheap access to as many of the cosmetics as possible.

dmshaposv

I spent around $20 - $25 worth keys on buying the mythical CM scarf with the extra rare kinetic gem (which was worth $12 around the time I got).

What does valve do? put that gem in every cm immortal and devalue to less than $2 and now the scarf has gone down to $4 (and cheaper once the chest for it goes on sale later this week).

So yeah, got burned too. Fuck buying expensive hats.

------------------------------------------------------------

So what are your "burn" stories, DotaHAT-GAF?

2EZ4£0.29

MBRvPjV.png

8lw8zt8.png

(Yes both were from one box).

dmshaposv

Man I remember when I didn't play doom.

Then I started playing doom.

ez games ez life. Someone should make FV style image of playing mid doom. "GG report noob doom no jungle, stealing mid". Not only do you demolish every other mid by 6, u can farm, gank, win life.

I was thinking of something the other day, wouldn't it be cool if Valve released data collected from the compendium purchases?
I would love to see stuff like "90% of players that picked Dendi as their favorite player also voted for the Pudge arcana" and "3% of compendium owners picked Meepo as their favorite hero, only 5% of them managed to get 10 wins".

Paging @Cyborgmatt!

Zeknurn

I was thinking of something the other day, wouldn't it be cool if Valve released data collected from the compendium purchases?
I would love to see stuff like "90% of players that picked Dendi as their favorite player also voted for the Pudge arcana" and "3% of compendium owners picked Meepo as their favorite hero, only 5% of them managed to get 10 wins".

Paging @Cyborgmatt!

They're too busy using the data to figure out how to sell more hats.

ElyrionX

I spent around $20 - $25 worth keys on buying the mythical CM scarf with the extra rare kinetic gem (which was worth $12 around the time I got).

What does valve do? put that gem in every cm immortal and devalue to less than $2 and now the scarf has gone down to $4 (and cheaper once the chest for it goes on sale later this week).

So yeah, got burned too. Fuck buying expensive hats.

------------------------------------------------------------

So what are your "burn" stories, DotaHAT-GAF?

Is that the Winter's Solstice? I bought that for $7. Is it supposed to come with a kinetic gem? I never knew that.

dmshaposv

Mid doom build which I do

Q > W > E > W > E > R

I max W and E for early killing potential. Lvl death is powerful nuke that can just help to get that fleeing enemy or just enough damage to kill off a runner after dooming them.

I max Q last since im only devouring lane creeps, and will go to the jungle during mid game.

Is that the Winter's Solstice? I bought that for $7. Is it supposed to come with a kinetic gem? I never knew that.

Yeah that. It doesn't come with the gem, so I bought the gem and scarf seperately ($12 and $9, respectively - just 2 months ago).

Fucking valve added that impatient maiden gem in the dime-by-the-dozen CM immortal, which tanked the price of that gem from $12 down to $2. FML.

(personally I'm for reasonable prices for gems and stuff, but it hurts when you pull the trigger and valve fucks you over by changing the economy just then).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom