• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Tier
i think maxing kraken shell and anchor smash before even 1 point in gush is fine. Tide has 310 ms and anchor smash's aoe is deceptively big. You can walk up to most heroes and just be like "lol heres an anchor i have kraken shell too" and bully the lane.

E: this is for offlane, not mid tide.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
To be honest even before the recent buffs Gush was normally a value point until 12, Anchor Smash normally does more damage (Especially early before the enemy has a chance to get armor). I expect Gush to be changed down the line to not slow the same at all levels.

Hylian7

No, they don't stack exactly, but it uses a check list and priority system.

First, the game engine determines whether or not Stout Shield procs.
If it procs, then Tide has two sources of Damage Mitigation, Shield proc and Kraken shell.
The game will always choose the greater source of mitigation in cases like these, so Shield will take priority over Shell so long as Shell is at level 1.

This enables you to level 1/1/3 for maximum mana efficiency and damage without sacrificing staying power.

Also:
That was a while ago and I've bought them in most of my games since then. I would say check my Dotabuff but I have usually sold it by end game.

Also I assumed it worked like evasion used to. I never knew it worked like that and assumed KS always took priority since it was 100%

Radec

Burning watches as his team and base gets decimated.

KuGsj.gif

Lotto

Mushi's been pretty unimpressive lately but that draft was kind of suspect too. I don't really like seeing Mirana support, her ult isn't as reliable as people make it out to be and her arrow, while good isn't reliable either.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That was a while ago and I've bought them in most of my games since then. I would say check my Dotabuff but I have usually sold it by end game.

Also I assumed it worked like evasion used to. I never knew it worked like that and assumed KS always took priority since it was 100%

Alright, glad to hear. Just, it stuck out (really stuck out), but I didn't point it out back then so I didn't know if you changed your habits.

Hylian7

Dumb question. Say you are a 2k HP Tinker and Dagon 5 a Timbersaw that has 100 HP left with Blade mail active . Do you take full damage or just 100?

TUSR

Banned
Dumb question. Say you are a 2k HP Tinker and Dagon 5 a Timbersaw that has 100 HP left with Blade mail active . Do you take full damage or just 100?

Full damage.

Fun example: Dagon 5 someone with shallow grave on with 1 HP, you receive full Dagon 5 (-1 dmg) back. Without shallow you receive full Dagon 5 back.

TUSR

Banned
If you blow Shallow Grave on Techies shenanigans, it's Techies that comes out ahead, and not your team.

Im not seeing what you're not seeing Haly. If you reveal a shit load of techies mines and want to trigger them to kill him, shallowgrave+BM.

Acinixys

Yay, void pick from Navi. Quick question, why is void not picked more?

edit: AND skywrath mage? Pretty nice.

This Dendi Skywrath is totally destroying Empire

Brew cant even split in 80% of the fights because Dendi gives him the 20 minute silence

inkls

This Dendi Skywrath is totally destroying Empire

Brew cant even split in 80% of the fights because Dendi gives him the 20 minute silence

I mean, this game has to put skywrath on the map for mid position. His silence is so good against brew and everything else that wont build bkb.

Acinixys

I mean, this game has to put skywrath on the map for mid position. His silence is so good against brew and everything else that wont build bkb.

Yeah + Wisp seems like a brutal combo. They are totally shutting down Clinkz. As soon as he shows in lane they relocate in and kill him

Navi seems like they are slowly coming back into the game. That was a pretty convincing win

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
smh for the second time this week I just rolled my daily hero challenge and got Meepo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom