• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
It can be sold on the market, no one is doing it because there is like 50 of them right now.

Weird it says on the link i posted that it's not Marketable, must be wrong then. Anyway even if it hits the market it's gonna be crazy expensive over 100 dollars i bet, that's too fucking much 20 is more reasonable.

shira

Valve should make like a Genuine Ballers chest for like $50 or something with the Weta items and all the Perferct World and Nexon items.

inkls

I wonder if there is like a 6th or 7th hero he could pull out, like Invoker or Storm.

Well, unless fnatic are making him hide strong picks, tinker and meepo are his strongest heroes. He can play others, doesn't seem he has as big of an impact without them so far though.

FtHTiny

omg rofl

1v1top25.png

I find it more surprsing that Lich isn´t even in the list. One of the strongest 1v1 in the game.

bounchfx

Valve should make like a Genuine Ballers chest for like $50 or something with the Weta items and all the Perferct World and Nexon items.

they should release it for $333 and when you buy it you get 3 chests and in each chest you get 3 items that each work on 3 heroes each and

I don't know where I'm going with this. Give me Half Life 3 volvo :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have yet to see Navi actually win with Lycan Enigma, and this is like the 5th game this week they have done it.

Navi actually has a bit of a small window, if the Tinker gets farm and max march up, their strat will be ruined.

Wok

Not Soon, but they look like they eventually get in.

The Coke Collection actually has a decent chance of being worth a lot too, and the WD staff is not going to drop until there is another way to get more.

I am glad I bought it for $5 as soon as it was sold on the market. I have yet to play WD.

Wok

The Shadowblades got devalued only because Valve began stuffing them in event chests (was it the Chinese New Year one?).

It [...] is just completely arbitrary and no one had any idea that was coming at all. It's the same thing with this summer sale. Not only did they change the way chests work but they also began discounting old chests/keys on their store, both of which has never happened before.

Like the other guy above said, I am all for cheap cosmetics. I don't buy these things to impress 12-year-old kids in-game that I can afford $50 items. I buy them because I want my favourite heroes to look good. But it's not a nice feeling to see your item slowly losing its value just because Valve is not clear or consistent on its policy regarding these things.

I remember shira saying it was obvious. I lost a decent amount of money by not anticipating the obvious (I invested in a shadow blade just before the price drop).

Now, I know something: Valve wants the cosmetics to be cheap, just like they want the games to be cheap. Cheap stuff are sold more and are sold more often.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
they should release it for $333 and when you buy it you get 3 chests and in each chest you get 3 items that each work on 3 heroes each and

I don't know where I'm going with this. Give me Half Life 3 volvo :(

Why work on half life 3 when dota 2 probably makes more for valve that the last half life release? Dota 2 is the new hotness, half life is old and busted. Icefrog sends his regards.

i bet some people at valve actually think like this, well will get another left 4 dead before another half life releases :(

inkls

I feel dumb, forgot how strong na'vi's push will be with howl on the treants and eidolons.

edit: damm, that fight. That dendi bait amongst many other things.

Hylian7

omg rofl

1v1top25.png

Look at these fucking kids thinking they're Dendi or Mushi or s4 or RTZ, THOSE WIN RATES.

Man am I glad Volvo introduced 1v1, if only to show the pubtrash community how hard mid really is, and that if you're not willing to put in the work to learn it, you should pass it off to someone who knows what the fuck they're doing.

(As if, it's not going to change anything.)
Some of those high ones I understand because basically free kill or tower at 6, but why Bane? Sure it's an easy kill against squishing, but how is he doing it again during his ult cooldown?

To be fair, I think a lot of normal aspects of mid go out the window in 1v1, like your team helping you, vice versa, or ganking for you.

Shadow Shaman drop the snakes on the tower and boom, ez , which is why his win rate is so high. Meanwhile in a real game SS mid is so rare because he has better support capabilities.

Some of those high ones I understand because basically free kill or tower at 6, but why Bane? Sure it's an easy kill against squishing, but how is he doing it again during his ult cooldown?

To be fair, I think a lot of normal aspects of mid go out the window in 1v1, like your team helping you, vice versa, or ganking for you.

Shadow Shaman drop the snakes on the tower and boom, ez , which is why his win rate is so high. Meanwhile in a real game SS mid is so rare because he has better support capabilities.

My guess is people don't realize how much Brain Sap heals Bane and it turns around a 1v1.

SS mid is also uncommon in a real match because he's real easy to gank, which you obviously don't need to worry about in a 1v1.

Razzer

Bane has good base damage, a fairly good animation, can avoid most kill attempts by just nightmaring the guy and brain sap gives him the ability to stay at a fairly good health at all times. He's an amazing 1v1 laner, the only reason he doesn't go mid in pro games is he doesn't have much impact on the mid game with his levels, or at least he has almost the same impact as a support, so give mid to another hero.

Gowans

The games industry league has been names and dated, more info looks to be coming out over the next few days. Once it's in ill make a proper OT.

The Rektreational begins August 1.

We have 16 teams made from developers, press, and more games industry folks — all of whom will go head-to-head in a tournament bracket. Victories and losses will be tracked on the Rektreational subreddit, so be sure to keep up with your favorite team’s stats there.

As for who those teams are, stay tuned. We have 16 more announcements to make on that front.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=117912971

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So Xcalibur hype train over? He hasn't been looking great the last few games at all

What is N0tail doing this series? He's so awful today

Am I the only one that remembers The Summit? Xcalibur impressed in his first game or two and everybody was in love with him, and then he disappointed in the later games and people said he was a one trick pony. Then everybody's all over him this past week as if that never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom