• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Grats dood.

I know you people are posting bad art on purpose, but this is the only other half decent one I braved DA to find. I mean it doesn't even look like Omni but the art isn't barf worthy so its legit.

UxVKamb.png

Aselith

Grats dood.

I know you people are posting bad art on purpose, but this is the only other half decent one I braved DA to find. I mean it doesn't even look like Omni but the art isn't barf worthy so its legit.

UxVKamb.png

I call bullshit on that coming from DeviantArt. You can't even see her nipples.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
lol :(

I've been picking void almost exclusively the past few days. Just need to l2p I guess.
Just prioritize farming. If your lane sucks shit (like vs lich and a ranged fucker) get lifesteal -> MoM and go jungle. Get kills when your ult is up (you MUST get a kill so ask someone ranged to come with you, gank mid, etc.)
Git gud to know when they can kill you and when you can kill them.

I prefer Ember since I can usually do well mid and go gank other lanes with free runes after 6, farm lane and jungle quickly and safely. Like Void a lot though, but coming back is harder since he can't flash farm safely from behind like Ember can.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
lol :(

I've been picking void almost exclusively the past few days. Just need to l2p I guess.

If you have a free lane go midas skip everything, if you do not just go treads mask of madness and maelstrom. It's a really cheap build that allows you to farm the jungle fast in order to get the big items, it also increases your dps by huge amounts.

Hylian7

Alternatively, still play him anyway because if he does get nerfed, I highly doubt it's going to be a 6.80 Earth Spirit level nerf or post Ti2 Lycan level.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hylian, noted OP hero abuser still can't get over 4k. What hope do I have? D:

Chris R

If you have a free lane go midas skip everything, if you do not just go treads mask of madness and maelstrom. It's a really cheap build that allows you to farm the jungle fast in order to get the big items, it also increases your dps by huge amounts.

I've been doing this, just doesn't work when my lane is terrible (had one like that today and I was TERRIBLE) or my team is terrible (5 min midas for naught since the other two lanes were lost by then).

I just need to work on winning the hard lanes and getting to the team fights sooner.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, looks like CIS may not be able to attend, everyone except Black had their Visa's Denied. I guess it doesn't change to much in the grand scheme, but Valve would have to change the format for the Wild Card Tournament.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I've been doing this, just doesn't work when my lane is terrible (had one like that today and I was TERRIBLE) or my team is terrible (5 min midas for naught since the other two lanes were lost by then).

I just need to work on winning the hard lanes and getting to the team fights sooner.
If you have a 5 min midas just keep farming your jungle, ward it yourself if your team won't.
Don't fight unless you can get a kill or two and NOT DIE. Keep farming until you can 1v3 or 1v4 and play around any long range disable if they have any.

ElyrionX

The whole Dota 2 "meta" is a goddamn lie. People are just playing whatever the pros are picking and then when the pros switch to new FOTM heroes, the sheeps just follow. There is no meta to speak of. Only sheeps.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The whole Dota 2 "meta" is a goddamn lie. People are just playing whatever the pros are picking and then when the pros switch to new FOTM heroes, the sheeps just follow. There is no meta to speak of. Only sheeps.

Well yes, didn't you get the memo? "Dota 2 has no Meta, go back to league noob."

Coming from League to Dota was honestly quite pleasant since there's been no "X picked Y hero, fuck this game" unlike League (unless someone picked a fifth carry after four had already been picked).

I'm not sure I'd call it a pub meta since it definitely isn't as rigidly enforced by the community. Popular heroes, certainly.

Nirvana

Ellen Pudge got banned?

Hylian still on the road to 4k - but he's closer than ever!!

Tinker is still broken.

DotaGaf is such a rollercoaster.

I'm waiting for excalibur to make it onto an actual team, have a few bad games and people to start saying 'kick excalibur pls'. The reddit circle-jerk cycle shall continue.

ZeroX03

Banned

I had a guy speak to me just like this, except replace "meta" with "warding". He said that warding was only something that people copied from games they watched on Twitch and that a good player absolutely did not need them, and that I was a sheep for following their lead.

Needless to say, we did poorly. Love playing the ward purchasing hard carry.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I had a guy speak to me just like this, except replace "meta" with "warding". He said that warding was only something that people copied from games they watched on Twitch and that a good player absolutely did not need them, and that I was a sheep for following their lead.

Needless to say, we did poorly. Love playing the ward purchasing hard carry.
People not understanding the purpose of wards (at a certain points in the game, and where) or the fact that people don't use them or ping can mean they are wasted gold. #talesfromthetrench

Syn23

I'm waiting for excalibur to make it onto an actual team, have a few bad games and people to start saying 'kick excalibur pls'. The reddit circle-jerk cycle shall continue.
Two bad games, one shaming gif/webm and he'll be done.

Waiting for the next 13 year old sensation.

Kappa.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why is Tinker considered broken all of a sudden? I haven't watched pro games in quite a while.

Manaless blink. If you find yourself asking why [Hero X] is picked more than it used to be, the answer is probably manaless blink.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

The meta is flavor of the month.

Manaless blink. If you find yourself asking why [Hero X] is picked more than it used to be, the answer is probably manaless blink.

Yeah makes sense. Wonder if Blink's gonna get nerfed in 6.82. The manaless blink buff completely changed the meta. Not sure if for the better or for the worse tbh.

LiQuid!

It made like half the hero pool more fun to play. Manaless blink is the best thing to happen to Dota IMO and if it gets nerfed I'm going to be really effing sad.

Skelter

Banned
I'm still getting used to the game. I like Disruptor. Anyway question is Disruptor good on his own? Two guys were bitching out at me the entire game. I don't care about that but eh I've only played like 3 matches so far and just curious.

I like Disruptor. Anyway question is Disruptor good on his own?

Not really sure what you mean by that. He's a really good support (then again, which support hero is a shit support? Dota 2's balancing is so good) and offers insane utility with Glimpse max by level 7. I like him. He usually relies on his team mates to close the show though, so I suppose he's not that ideal on his own?

Shinypogs

Wasn't the whole reason the jungle/buybacks got changed in 6.79 because a distinct playstyle had taken hold that abused both heavily? Wasn't it supposed to make tri-lanes less common ( sadly meaning way less visage play) ?

I've only been watching since TI3 so I'm not sure how often big shakeups occurred in the past to prevent staleness of the types of play you saw.

Wasn't the whole reason the jungle/buybacks got changed in 6.79 because a distinct playstyle had taken hold that abused both heavily? Wasn't it supposed to make tri-lanes less common ( sadly meaning way less visage play) ?

I've only been watching since TI3 so I'm not sure how often big shakeups occurred in the past to prevent staleness of the types of play you saw.

Trilanes are still very common. Buyback nerf hit Nature's Prophet the hardest and he did fall out of favour quite significantly. Alliance at TI3 played some of the dirtiest and most efficient Dota you'll ever see and these things got changed to their disadvantage.

Skelter

Banned
Not really sure what you mean by that. He's a really good support (then again, which support hero is a shit support? Dota 2's balancing is so good) and offers insane utility with Glimpse max by level 7. I like him. He usually relies on his team mates to close the show though, so I suppose he's not that ideal on his own?

That's what I'm thinking. The guy insulting me was annoyed I wouldn't fight 1v1, ha. I'm still getting used to Dota and MOBA's in general. Took me forever to find a hero I like.

Raytow

That's what I'm thinking. The guy insulting me was annoyed I wouldn't fight 1v1, ha. I'm still getting used to Dota and MOBA's in general. Took me forever to find a hero I like.
Who would 1v1 against Ursa, even carries are fucking scared of the bear let alone Disruptor, the guy is an ass.

Who would 1v1 against Ursa, even carries are fucking scared of the bear let alone Disruptor, the guy is an ass.

Welcome aboard then. Dota 2 will be the only game you'll ever need. It will raise the bar so high, you'll go depressive thinking about how no game will ever offer you what Dota 2 did ever again.

Skelter

Banned

Yea, his damage was too much for me so I kept trapping him and letting others finish the job. Same thing for his Bounty Hunter friend. My first time being insulted in a moba game. I feel proud!

Welcome aboard then. Dota 2 will be the only game you'll ever need. It will raise the bar so high, you'll go depressive thinking about how no game will ever offer you what Dota 2 did ever again.

I feel like you were directing that at me but ha yea I played League and didn't care for it. I tried some others like S.M.I.T.E and I'm even in the Heroes of the Storm Alpha but Dota 2 just feels so polished and I can't forget everything is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom