• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

Trilanes are still very common. Buyback nerf hit Nature's Prophet the hardest and he did fall out of favour quite significantly. Alliance at TI3 played some of the dirtiest and most efficient Dota you'll ever see and these things got changed to their disadvantage.

Ahh, I just haven't seen them as much as I used to and while visage is still around I don't see as much of him either. I could just be missing most of games where these are popping up though so it could all be anecdotal.

I can't imagine how hard it is to balance against not just heroes but actual strategies that utilize most if not all of the game's various aspects. I mean eventually some team will figure out a new dominant standard and things will have to be mixed up again.

edit;

Yea, his damage was too much for me so I kept trapping him and letting others finish the job. Same thing for his Bounty Hunter friend. My first time being insulted in a moba game. I feel proud!

Yeah you'll get baited and insulted by the enemy sometimes if you're doing a good job of not getting yourself killed. Plus Disruptor can be truly maddening if you glimpse someone who just tp'd to a lane all the way back to fountain or across the map. Expect to take some abuse for pulling that off.

I feel like you were directing that at me but ha yea I played League and didn't care for it. I tried some others like S.M.I.T.E and I'm even in the Heroes of the Storm Alpha but Dota 2 just feels so polished and I can't forget everything is free.

Yeah, it was directed at you lol

I'm still getting used to the game. I like Disruptor. Anyway question is Disruptor good on his own? Two guys were bitching out at me the entire game. I don't care about that but eh I've only played like 3 matches so far and just curious.

Solo? Not at all, most of the time he'll just get killed. Still he's probably one of the best supports in the game, glimpse can be used for so many things that it's godlike. I'd sometimes risk death just to glimpse an enemy TPing to a tower just for lulz.

And his ulti is great if you use it at the right moment. DPS damage + silence will often be enough to guarantee your team a kill at least.

ZeroX03

Banned
People not understanding the purpose of wards (at a certain points in the game, and where) or the fact that people don't use them or ping can mean they are wasted gold. #talesfromthetrench

This guy truly, seriously believed that all wards were completely useless.

I would probably say this about any support out there. Which support would you consider bad?

Nah, all support has its place in a team make up. Still, support heroes that I amazingly suck with?

Shadow Shaman is one. I don't know why but I just can't play him well. I know he's great but I just seem to get a hang on him.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There are some supports who are poorly positioned at the moment:

WR
Alchemist (owing to being poor in general)
Omniknight
Undying
Ogre Magi (although I don't know how much of this is genuine and how much of it is the scene resisting the two headed RNGesus)

As you can see, 4 of those are melee. Being a melee support in competitive games is very hard, because you're expected to go on the aggressive to create space for your team, and melee heroes typically can't out aggression ranged heroes in the laning phase.

WR's problem is that she's not particularly good at anything, so she doesn't fit into these teams that are all about hero synergy. And she's not even the best "all rounder" support, so she gets muscled out by SD, Rubick, Disraptor.

ViviOggi

I wouldn't even classify Undying as support as he is indeed pretty poor in that role. But he can be a great 3 in early teamfight/deathball-type lineups, wouldn't be surprised if he saw more competitive play overnight someday.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Disraptor is rad. One of my go-to supports along with Visage and Bane. I used to be all about Maiden but I feel like she's just kind of a gateway drug, or baby's first support until you realize how much more useful other supports can be.

I know Omni doesn't get pro love but that hero wrecks shop in pubs. I've been meaning to get more into him but I don't play supports at all too much anymore.

dmshaposv

Treant is literally omni on steroids.

save heroes, save towers, legit disable, low CDs, great ulti, free shadowblade. Also hit like a truck on 1vs1.

Whats not to like here?

G.ZZZ

Disraptor is rad. One of my go-to supports along with Visage and Bane. I used to be all about Maiden but I feel like she's just kind of a gateway drug, or baby's first support until you realize how much more useful other supports can be.

I know Omni doesn't get pro love but that hero wrecks shop in pubs. I've been meaning to get more into him but I don't play supports at all too much anymore.

Omni's a 2/3, not support. Crystal maiden now sucks she can't zone anyone anymore and she still is extremely paper. Legit worst supp in game. At least ogre is legit for huge nuke power+buff your carry and he can manfight in lane with infinite armor. Lesh has the problem that rastha is similar but better in most situations, but he's nowhere as bad as cm.

Zeth

Any more GB tourney games today? It was awesome watching you guys stomp Titanium Eagles. (Muh ping!) after giving them an hour to show up.

Sanjay

Ellen Pudge got banned?

He never got Wards for Wes.

I was two games out of 4k. TWO GAMES.

cEvNiS8.png

I hate this game.

How can you play Tinker 18 times in your last 20 matches and not lose your mind?

Has your map awareness improved much playing Tinker so much, I recall this being one of your major blind spots every time I watch your streams.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'd probably go crazy just playing one hero regardless of which it was.

dmshaposv

i don't even have 40+ matches for a single hero (i play different heroes all the time). Must suck hard to play over a thousand matches with the same hero.

Hylian7

He never got Wards for Wes.

How can you play Tinker 18 times in your last 20 matches and not lose your mind?

Has your map awareness improved much playing Tinker so much, I recall this being one of your major blind spots every time I watch your streams.
Permasheeping and blowing up people is fun. Coincidentally it also wins games.

Yes, my map awareness has improved.

I genuinely feel that Phantom lancer is easily among the worst heroes in the pool at the moment. He does so fucking little for such a huge chunk of the game, it's not even funny. Every dust you throw result in him ending up dead. What a garbage hero.

Let's have a ranking of the bottom 10 heroes in the game now, shall we?

10. Phantom Lancer
9. Huskar
8. Omniknight
7. Ogre Magi
6. Chaos Knight
5. Zeus
4. Medusa
3. Necrolight
2. Spirit Breaker
1. Broodmother

Not sure how good or bad Earth Spirit is. I don't play him and neither does anybody else at ~4k.

Vade

I genuinely feel that Phantom lancer is easily among the worst heroes in the pool at the moment. He does so fucking little for such a huge chunk of the game, it's not even funny. Every dust you throw result in him ending up dead. What a garbage hero.

Let's have a ranking of the bottom 10 heroes in the game now, shall we?

10. Phantom Lancer
9. Huskar
8. Omniknight
7. Ogre Magi
6. Chaos Knight
5. Zeus
4. Medusa
3. Necrolight
2. Spirit Breaker
1. Broodmother

Not sure how good or bad Earth Spirit is. I don't play him and neither does anybody else at ~4k.

Purge dust ????? Profit

shira

Oh, looks like CIS may not be able to attend, everyone except Black had their Visa's Denied. I guess it doesn't change to much in the grand scheme, but Valve would have to change the format for the Wild Card Tournament.
Purge said MVP is working on cheese strats to win the wild card. Can't wait for some 5 mid tusk snowballs and zoo pushes

Purge said MVP is working on cheese strats to win the wild card. Can't wait for some 5 mid tusk snowballs and zoo pushes
That sounds hilarious, can't wait to see this. I hope cheese strat doesn't mean all in push strat but something unique.

^^lol are you so ashamed of your winrate for that one hero that you blacked it out?

Renoir

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yuUPqcy.jpg[/IMG]

So I'm not the only one that played mostly waifus...

WR my top waifu apparently..
but Drow is my most productive one in the kitchen.

Man you guys played characters about 200x
pffttt...
My dota career is seriously lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom