• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

So every patch we talk about how it gets harder and harder to come up with a shit hero tier list. Here's the challenge gaf, what are your bottom 3 heroes this patch? Milk and I struggled to come up with more than 1.

mine:
Spiritbreaker, CK, Dusa

And your fine with:-
Necrophos, Tusk & Drow Ranger.

Only SB sucks from that list.

. some haters in here.

Medusa is bad, basically gutter garbage. I would rather play spirit breaker than medusa, fucking spirit breaker.

hey fuck you too buddy!!

lol. anyway, my list would be:

> Omni (best against heavy right-click lineups...but such lineups aren't in the meta right now, nor are melee supports)

> Ogre (see above)

> CK (too many better melee carry options that offer much more to a team fight)

> Troll (see above)

> Brood (is she in CM?)

> Warlock (meh)

I think CK is a clear choice... after that it gets kinda hard.

Maybe WR? Where does she even fit in this meta? rtz tried to run her mid but that died out fast it seems

DP?

xanavi

If we're talking about CM heroes I think Drow and Dusa both suck. QoP is borderline. Mushi is like the Fernando Alonso of dota so his results alone don't help her case.

Falk

that puzzling face
The other day he kept saying Puppey stutter stepped even though it was an overgrowth that cancelled his Black Hole, it really annoyed me.

I don't understand how you can cast a game for years and still be so clueless.

I mean, all these little mis-calls are one thing. Going past that tier is him saying "dust slows" when Dendi (presumably) fat-fingered it against a Clockwerk.

How do you even come to that conclusion? How would you even THINK dust slows non-invisible units without every single teamfight in professional Dota2 being a dust spamfest? I just don't get it. He simply doesn't understand the game yet keeps getting invited back to shit up events that would otherwise be stellar to watch.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
And your fine with:-
Necrophos, Tusk & Drow Ranger.

yup

Dusa I just don't like. And CK I feel is in one of the worst states ever as a hero right now. Enormous mana problems (more so than any hero in the game, arguably), lots of RNG, can't flash farm, has a long ass animation time on rift so it almost always gets fogged, and he is melee (more susceptible to kiting, big ulti's, and the tidehunter effect). He just has too many drawbacks as a carry. He's not that great without much farm, but at the same time, if he tries to farm and go semi-late, he's going to get outfarmed by pretty much ANY other carry in the game.

Zeth

Yeah - I forgot about EG being jet-lagged and sleep-deprived for DH. I guess that's a pretty reasonable excuse considering the difference in their performance there vs pretty much everywhere else the past few months.

I don't understand how you can cast a game for years and still be so clueless.

The same way people play the game for thousands of matched and are still clueless? There are on the order of hundreds of random-ass interactions that make up Dota 2's ebb and flow. In addition, attempting to keep the camera on the right spots at the right time and providing some color commentary when there's just an explosion of color suddenly on the fucking screen isn't easy. If it was, more people would be decent at it. As he plays the game more, expect him to get better at calling some of those things. Until then, have a little empathy and pretend you know what he meant to say. Man is doing his best.

I actually think since the buff to his slow Warlock is really damn strong. His heal does a ton of damage/healing too. I think he just isn't trending.

Could be. The problem is he's really only good at counter-initiation and counter-push in this meta because he's not a blink dagger purchaser. this isn't to say he *can't* be run with a blink dagger, and the shit could be super-cool. But...in the context of this meta...there are better counter-push heroes. Ones that aren't shut down by a single diffusal blade purchase. If you could force teams to come into him with like a blinking force staffing bat rider, he could be useful. But again, that's a role Tide can fill and a little bit better, IMO.

Sanjay

yup

Dusa I just don't like. And CK I feel is in one of the worst states ever as a hero right now. Enormous mana problems (more so than any hero in the game, arguably), lots of RNG, can't flash farm, has a long ass animation time on rift so it almost always gets fogged, and he is melee (more susceptible to kiting, big ulti's, and the tidehunter effect). He just has too many drawbacks as a carry. He's not that great without much farm, but at the same time, if he tries to farm and go semi-late, he's going to get outfarmed by pretty much ANY other carry in the game.

Don't play CK as a carry then, problem solved.

Don't play CK as a carry then, problem solved.

Are you suggesting playing him like how Wraith King is being played? Sort of a support that can scale into big damage dealing later? Blink daggers and soul rings for early aggression into mantas and hearts, perhaps? Maybe even sheep?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fuck yeah Sexy Omninkight set:
268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=275497459

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Support CK is probably the worst thing I've ever seen suggested on all three ultra high-tier dota forums: playdota, reddit, and gaf.

Support CK would be like a shitty Venge.

I don't know about all that, but he'd definitely be a shitty version of Wraith King.

Yea, I don't know what they're gonna do with CK, but he needs some help.

Support CK is probably the worst thing I've ever seen suggested on playdota, reddit, and gaf.

I think people are just bored trying to think of some way to make him useful. It's brain storming. It's a thing.

Yeah like how teams have been picking a lot of heroes that have once been carry heroes but are now being played differently, I have seen a Troll Warlord support that went Mek, it was one of the top Asian teams.

It all matters with the heroes you have and the other team and how greedy you want to be and how you want the game to play out being defensive or aggressive.
No doubt. Just that upon further consideration, he seems like he'd be a worse version of support Wraith King, which is pretty good. WK offers so many things. I don't see a build that would make CK a more desirable 4 role-taker than a WK. I'm trying really hard, but I can't think of one.

Sanjay

Are you suggesting playing him like how Wraith King is being played? Sort of a support that can scale into big damage dealing later? Blink daggers and soul rings for early aggression into mantas and hearts, perhaps? Maybe even sheep?

Yeah like how teams have been picking a lot of heroes that have once been carry heroes but are now being played differently, I have seen a Troll Warlord support that went Mek, it was one of the top Asian teams.

It all matters with the heroes you have and the other team and how greedy you want to be and how you want the game to play out being defensive or aggressive.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know about all that, but he'd definitely be a shitty version of Wraith King.

Yea, I don't know what they're gonna do with CK, but he needs some help.

They could just give him so more mana so he could use his spells. Maybe give Reality Rift more range. He is super scary late game when he has 5+ illusions,

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
what about nadota

I don't read nadota so I wouldn't know.

I think people are just bored trying to think of some way to make him useful. It's brain storming. It's a thing.

Of course. Brain-storming leads to both breakthroughs and complete stupidity. People need to take a moment to check the latter though. I brain-stormed support anti-mage for about a half a second when I was bored on the toilet once, but I didn't end up posting it on reddit for some reason, not sure why; I really should though.

Zeth

Since a couple days ago, every time I load up the Ember Spirit customization screen or pick him Dota straight up crashes to desktop. Very strange. Only him as far as I can tell. Tried to equip different items from armory, same thing, hard crash.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Since a couple days ago, every time I load up the Ember Spirit customization screen or pick him Dota straight up crashes to desktop. Very strange. Only him as far as I can tell. Tried to equip different items from armory, same thing, hard crash.

And you verified your game files, right? With so many updates, its pretty common for a few files to get messed up and stuck on a wrong version.

They could just give him so more mana so he could use his spells. Maybe give Reality Rift more range. He is super scary late game when he has 5+ illusions,

I can't disagree with that. But if you give him too much mana gain early...

maybe you give him decent base mana and slow mana scaling? Idunno. You don't want to make him broken early game, and giving him the ability to spam Q and W too much and he destroys lanes. I'm sure Ice & co. will figure it out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at the ESL brackets, I think its going to be an Alliance/EG final.

I can't disagree with that. But if you give him too much mana gain early...

maybe you give him decent base mana and slow mana scaling? Idunno. You don't want to make him broken early game, and giving him the ability to spam Q and W too much and he destroys lanes. I'm sure Ice & co. will figure it out.

I don't even think you need to lower the scaling, he is at 1.2. Just give him like +4 base int.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I hear these worst hero debates pop up every new patch but nobody ever really specifies if they're talking about pro or pub meta. There's a pretty wide rift between a hero being not viable in the pro meta and pub meta and even then in pub meta within MMR tiers. In my tier, CK has always been viable since he's able to be aggressive and slay early and in pub games that equates to snowballing. Omni no good unless the other team is full of right clickers? He's a god against 5 carry pub trash. I'm pretty sure I have yet to lose a game with Medusa. These heroes might be "bad" compared to popular, competitive picks, but they still have their place in certain levels of pub game. Even Spirit Breaker (tho his ultimate is truly terrible now) can be a tyrant if played well with a good team backing him.

Omni doesn't belong in bottom 3, hes pretty good, just can't be broke and underlevelled. Offlane/3 position is pretty beast.

LGVLr1h.png

We can all posts screens of heroes we feel are being slighted to further our position. You know I'm more than happy to represent my 70% win rate 7.17 KDA Medusa and make a long, protracted argument on why I think she can work. But it doesn't really help the conversation because the fact of the matter is that like Omni, she just doesn't fit into the current meta. She fits into pubs, just like Omni does. And that's about it.

aeolist

Banned
i kinda miss seeing lifestealer pickups in pro games

it's weird too seeing how much play bat is getting, and there's plenty of other infest carriers in the current meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom