• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Arrow%20Visa.JPG

Mission Accomplished Boys.

Dicks out! Arrows in!

comments:

"Neither of them are actually competing though are they? They're alternates in case something happens to the other qualifiers from their region, I thought"

"CIS gaming is alternate, but Arrow Gaming is winner of SEA qualifier.
Link for you to refer if you are not a hardcore gamer
http://www.dota2.com/internati..."

Obviously that guy isn't a "hardcore gamer" not knowing about the play in series.

sixghost

What am I supposed to do about double stout shield Axe creep skipping?

The big thing is to make sure you are still getting experience from lane creeps. If they are able to zone you out from your t1, you are pretty much screwed. Even if it means dragging creeps back into the trees behind your tower, do it so you don't get out leveled. Then you just kill him when you feel strong enough. It can be really tough depending on who the other heroes in the lane are. If it's axe+dark seer or dazzle, or god forbid something like axe/dazzle/tusk, that's just a rough lane.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
"Perfect positioning and play counter QoP so pro's won't let her do what she does in high level pubs."Stop fucking hating on QoP, Ayesee. Go watch some Mushi QoP. Same shit was said about mirana/wisp rofl...

I feel like outside of Mushi, QoP does terribly ever since the shadow strike nerfs, which I felt were totally unnecessary.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
DP is getting plenty of run. Plenty.

WR is having a hard time fitting in, yes. But she's not dumpster-tier.

no. but she has seen some pretty shit builds.

Manaless blink meta you better be using visage birds to get dat value. But at least she wins now and then. Also what changed with Medusa, for a little while teams were doing alright with her and then she just trended out and never came back?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I got my ass kicked by a sniper with a shadow blade, we never managed to catch him which was key since he was hitting for 300. Basically he was staying back and loling to victory, feels bad man :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Do you guys think we'll get more stretch goals after we hit 10 mill?

It has slowed down so much that I don't think new stretch goals would be met. Also the prize pool is already so high I feel like if Valve keeps pushing their luck they are going to risk tapping out their whales and I'm sure they would rather milk this thing for as many years as they can.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Did you forget when they set the mana cost at 110 which hurt the 1 and 2 SS builds aka the ones that are always used?

I did forget about that, but I don't know, I'll trade 30 extra mana at level 1 and 2 for +initial damage, lower cooldown, +dot damage, and +range. QoP has more than enough mana with her incredibly high base int, easy rune control, and if that's not enough, good ol' bottle crow. Feel like the hero just lost popularity with all the buffs to opposing mids (invoker, SF, viper, OD) and the rise of this greedy mid fad started by arteezy. It's a shame too, since QoP shits on most of the greedy mid melee heroes. Think she'll make a come back at TI4 when Mushi or Dendi wreck face with her.

Went Nightstalker, meant to pick up 2 gauntlets of strength but bought 3 iron branches instead. Got bottle, got urn, finished wand, got 2 kills, and realize I forgot to buy boots. Buy treads, and then a minute later remember that I'm playing against shadow shaman and proceed to get repeatedly ward trapped for the rest of the game.

Playing DOTA while sleepy isn't a good idea, I think.

Shinypogs

The big thing is to make sure you are still getting experience from lane creeps. If they are able to zone you out from your t1, you are pretty much screwed. Even if it means dragging creeps back into the trees behind your tower, do it so you don't get out leveled. Then you just kill him when you feel strong enough. It can be really tough depending on who the other heroes in the lane are. If it's axe+dark seer or dazzle, or god forbid something like axe/dazzle/tusk, that's just a rough lane.

It was me ( sven) and Disruptor vs Axe creep skipping and spiritbreaker pushing the lane/ backing him up in our jungle. I had no idea what to do about it and played even worse than normal in response.

I play witchdoctor a lot, is it worth throwing a Maledict on an Axe doing this or does stout shield block the damage from that was well?

On the flip side if I wanted to play Axe and do this myself what should be careful of/ keep in mind?

Ty for the help.

Nirvana

I could see a few more, but I would expect them at things like $11 Million, $12 Million, $13 Million, and a final $15 Million goal.

It'd almost be better if they put some aside for the prize pool next year. Not sure if people will do this all over again...who am I kidding, of course they will - HATS.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I still wonder if Valve will come out with one last way to contribute to the prize pool to drive it home. Like, "Buy the TI4 Chest, and increase the prize pool for each one sold!"

Also, I wonder how long until Valve tries a more expensive chest. It may be easily to pull out like a $4/$5 chest with TI4, they could include entire pro player sets.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
so valve have pretty much made ~$30mil profit on this compendium right?

Its likely closer to $20 Million when you account for taxes and credit card fees, but yeah, they made bank.

I just noticed, the new replay feature seeps into the tutorial video. You can actually rewind it to pick screen and watch the Valve Devs pick. I didn't realize they did it in a single "take" according to a script, I assumed they manually edited it.

Gofu

Banned
Pro, Milk, and I just had our first truly russian experience. Our captain spoke only in Cyrillic, only responded to all capitalized simple sentences, fed, and abandoned.

Overall 10/10 experience easy win.

Ok I've been trying out this Earth Spirit fellow out a bit and while I obviously suck at the hero he seems like someone who would be amazing if you knew what you were doing. Am fascinated to see what happens with him once he's added into CM.

patapuf

Would you prefer the international pot to go towards one tournament or valve split it up and stage 3 or 4 tournaments around the world?

One tournament.

The setup of the international is very "world cup" like with qualifications leading up to the big event.

Other tournaments are starting to get big, so it's not like we are starved of high level play.

Indignate

Random Deathmatch is so stupid and fun.

Getting a quick Aghs is a great strategy. Especially when you pull WK as your second hero and don't die after that.

rezuth

You missed the beginning of it. If you saw it you would know exactly why I was pissed off that game.

I picked first and went mid, then Invoker picks, go mid and says "Tinker go top ty :)" I argue with him, we're both mid, get level 1 ganked. Both get hit by Earthshaker Fissure, I get unlucky and end up on the wrong side of it, and die for FB. Then I have nowhere to farm for the next 5 minutes because I took laser at mid level 1.

NEVER LEVEL UP BEFOREHAND! WHEN WILL YOU LEARN?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Pro, Milk, and I just had our first truly russian experience. Our captain spoke only in Cyrillic, only responded to all capitalized simple sentences, fed, and abandoned.

Overall 10/10 experience easy win.

Do you feel cultured now?

Radiant Bottom lane i was a weaver going against Lina and Wraith King with an OD on my side who was doing nothing. Anything i could do other than try to kill the lina and last hit with skukchi.

ViviOggi

Radiant Bottom lane i was a weaver going against Lina and Wraith King with an OD on my side who was doing nothing. Anything i could do other than try to kill the lina and last hit with skukchi.
Last hitting normally and shukuchiing away once they throw out disables would be a better plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom