• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

And your fine with:-
Necrophos, Tusk & Drow Ranger.

Only SB sucks from that list.

BOJpBXj.gif

iamblades

Ck is a fine hero, his lack of popularity currently is basically 100% flavor of the month stuff. He relies on supports that give him mana, and Kotl and CM are not currently as popular as they were a few months ago, and people have realized that running wisp with a burst damage hero is better than running him with a tanky teamfight carry. Nothing is wrong with the hero itself and he doesn't really need to be changed to be effective. He is just waiting for a slight shift in the meta to resurface and crit some fools that forgot about him.

Spirit breaker is pretty trashy these days. Necrophos is a decent hero with no good role on basically any good team comp. Who needs a pushing carry that takes so much farm to come on line?

Medusa is probably not as shit as most think she is, but the meta she fits into is completely out of favor right now. 4 protect 1 teamfight strats are just not viable currently.

sixghost

I can't disagree with that. But if you give him too much mana gain early...

maybe you give him decent base mana and slow mana scaling? Idunno. You don't want to make him broken early game, and giving him the ability to spam Q and W too much and he destroys lanes. I'm sure Ice & co. will figure it out.
I have to imagine it's extremely difficult to balance any of the typical Wisp partners. Every change needs to consider how it effects the hero with and without Wisp.

Falk

that puzzling face
Until then, have a little empathy and pretend you know what he meant to say. Man is doing his best.

This hardly isn't the first year he's casting, and my opinion has steadily tanked from ambivalent, because, hey, new guy, to outright dislike. You really should be getting the best guy for the job, rather than someone who simply 'does his best', and even then I'm just going to bluntly contest that he hasn't exactly done his best to learn up some rudimentary meta, hero skills, item abilities, etc. Again, I'm not saying he's obliged to learn every intricacy of Dota, but if he isn't because he has more interesting/lucrative things to occupy his time/career, then by all means get someone else.

Like I pointed out, things like somehow coming to the conclusion that dust 'slows units' isn't just simply not knowing minor intricacies of the game, it's an outright logical fallacy because if dust slows (non-invisible) units, you'd think that it'd be spammed every single teamfight, something that a caster, no matter how oblivious, would have picked up on. That's not minor misinformation. It's an unacceptable level of misinformation.

Thread has way better things to discuss though so I'll just shut up about Ayesee from now on.

Gofu

Banned
Worst three heroes in the current meta: SB - Brood - Chaos Knight

SB is best a support or offlaner but brings nothing to the table that these roles are expected to bring right now.

The heroes that punish brood the most (Tide, Sandking, Axe, etc) are extremely popular.

Chaos Knight is not really the best at anything right now, as many other people have covered.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forgot that was being made, I watched the guy working on it a bit a month back on some steam. Not sure I totally like it, but it looks very unique.

I wonder if this topic can make it to the end of esl, we are nearing the post limit

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are we talking about competitive, or pub, or overall?

CM or AP?

arab

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ my body is ready ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Hylian7

Just had a game that we might have had a chance in had our hard carry not decided to give up and go AFK farm the jungle while the other team pushed into our base...

Razzer

Just had a game that we might have had a chance in had our hard carry not decided to give up and go AFK farm the jungle while the other team pushed into our base...
I tuned into your stream for the game you just won and I never realised you were such a silent flamer lmao.

Hylian7

I tuned into your stream for the game you just won and I never realised you were such a silent flamer lmao.

You missed the beginning of it. If you saw it you would know exactly why I was pissed off that game.

I picked first and went mid, then Invoker picks, go mid and says "Tinker go top ty :)" I argue with him, we're both mid, get level 1 ganked. Both get hit by Earthshaker Fissure, I get unlucky and end up on the wrong side of it, and die for FB. Then I have nowhere to farm for the next 5 minutes because I took laser at mid level 1.

Razzer

You missed the beginning of it. If you saw it you would know exactly why I was pissed off that game.

I picked first and went mid, then Invoker picks, go mid and says "Tinker go top ty :)" I argue with him, we're both mid, get level 1 ganked. Both get hit by Earthshaker Fissure, I get unlucky and end up on the wrong side of it, and die for FB. Then I have nowhere to farm for the next 5 minutes because I took laser at mid level 1.

That's fair enough. Was still hilarious listening to the old man style bitter remarks.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
qhbelMJ.jpg

http://dotabuff.com/matches/740132491

Templar assassin is love and life, even if you feed first blood to ursa because you forget about his passive you can still comeback and rekt people. Having good supports certainly helped a lot. Ta has gotta be one of the better carries in the whole game, she's kinda poop early but excels at the mid and late game, too bad she has to go mid because she desperately need levels, at level 11 she's at her peak with loads of burst.

shira

Yo matt, a small request, but since you have some pull could we get a nice professional hi-rez group shot of everyone for ESL and for TI4.

Really would love to see all the players/casters/personalities together in a proper photo

XWg5amQ.jpg

Starladder tried and failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom