• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Snooze-

Banned
What's the best way to increase your MMR ranking? It feels like i'm constantly matched with players far worse than me, leaving victory 100% in my hands, which is difficult especially as I don't often pick carries, and even when I do, carrying my entire team is so difficult

What's the best way to increase your MMR ranking? It feels like i'm constantly matched with players far worse than me, leaving victory 100% in my hands, which is difficult especially as I don't often pick carries, and even when I do, carrying my entire team is so difficult

Instapick Void and hope for a Lich support or something. Srsly what I'm doing all the time. Such a fun hero too.

Play captains mode.

Really, best way other than being so good on one hero that you just wreck mmr.

Kreunt

Banned

I've gone up about 500mmr in the last month due to focusing on mostly one high impact hero (skywrath)

Sanjay

Why Tinker? He's pretty impotent late game, from what I've seen

wait-what.jpg

You never want to go late game against a Tinker.

He refreshers his skills/items by his ulti, now think about that.

Play a hero who doesn't need a lot of farm but can make a massive difference

In all honesty victory isn't 100% in your hands if you're the best player, the enemy team as just as bad as your team so they should be evenly matched. If you're better than your level then no matter what you pick your win rate should be above 50%.

If you think your mechanics are significantly better than your level, go mid, get farm and carry your team.

If you prefer supporting pick either a support who is really good at ganking and win your team their lanes. If you're at the level where everyone else just picks carry, pick a support who keeps people alive and eventually your team will be able to carry.

Offlane or jungle works too, at low levels no one wards or ganks the jungle so you can be greedy and get a lot of farm, although obviously your team could lose their lanes pretty badly so it's a risk. Offlane is pretty good because it allows your team to safely pick a jungler

Going hard carry I feel is kind of the worst you can do, you'll most likely be sharing your lane with another person trying to farm, you'll struggle to get enough farm to kick in early enough, but if you insist on hard carrying just ignore your team unless you can win a fight, farm, split-push just don't add another pointless death to a teamfight

Hylian7

Why Tinker? He's pretty impotent late game, from what I've seen
Whaaaaaaaaat. Tinker is a late game boss. He Catches out the enemy hard carry? Boom! Say goodbye to having a 5v5 team fight! He'll be blowing you up with his laser missile and Dagon while you are a helpless squealing piggy! I was against a Centaur that got THREE HEARTS. My carry and I caught him out, and I kept him steeped while my carry went to town.

So maybe single target won't work for your situation, you need AoE. You can do that too. Spam you some marches, get you an Aghanims and a Shivas. Even though we lost, some of you I was with the other day remember how I could hold the game out purely by keeping the push away.

Hylian7

Ok ok guys I'll give Tinker a shot, wanted to try out those new boots anyway! Wish me luck!
Remember to put your items on keys/slots you are used to. Also if you want to play it safe, max March first and don't take Rearm till 8. Soul Ring before every Rearm.

If they gank you, face away from them and lay down a March. I always laugh when they try that against me, and I survive getting a double or triple on them.

No, fuck that. That was amazing positioning and play by BurNIng (except for that inexplicable fountain feed), and Hao fucked up quite a few times.

Yup, That refresh song on enemy fountain was so great. I didn't see why diving them was necessary though.

Hao missed a number of Chronospheres and some premature BKBs thanks to the mobility of DK supports.

KingKong

I dont get why always take Tinker or Meepo so early on, it just gives the other team the chance to pick the right heroes. It's not like someone who can play Meepo as well as he does can't play a Luna or something

I dont get why always take Tinker or Meepo so early on, it just gives the other team the chance to pick the right heroes. It's not like someone who can play Meepo as well as he does can't play a Luna or something
It would get banned otherwise. Excalibur is far more comfortable on those heroes than others.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So, turns out playing only 2 heroes is not good for your team, excalibur is getting figured out.

Like I said a few days ago, he got figured out at The Summit too. This time he revealed it was Meepo he's good at too, besides Tinker. But still don't understand why people are surprised it's not lasting.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man Fnatic always keep picking the same mid heroes recently, i know it has worked great before but always picking the same shit is not gonna work on top tier teams. You gotta spice it up fnatic! pick shadow fiend, ta or even morph!

Man Fnatic always keep picking the same mid heroes recently, i know it has worked great before but always picking the same shit is not gonna work on top tier teams. You gotta spice it up fnatic! pick shadow fiend, ta or even morph!

They're limited by what Excalibur is comfortable with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom