• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
49.6% WR.

Don't believe in forced 50, because I know better than to trust my intuition to peel apart a mathematical algorithm at a distance.

It wouldn't be a point of debate if there weren't a massive amount of people complaining about it. Besides, I said that this was based on my experience with match-making. Congrats on being a dick for no reason.
I guess we should give credence to the beliefs that the motion of the stars govern our lives, then. Wouldn't be a point of debate if...

Zeth

Which settings should I turn down to maintain 90fps @ 1440P on my 680 2gb?

I turned off AA and water so far. But still get some noticeable drops occasionally. Also reduced shadows to Medium.

G.ZZZ

It wouldn't be a point of debate if there weren't
a massive amount of people complaining about it
. Besides, I said that this was based on my experience with match-making. Congrats on being a dick for no reason.

Best argument, people can't accept they're bad, so they whine about others, and your argument is that everyone is whining about it so it must be true? Like, how does that even work. Everyone rally against valve MM because the other people in their rally sucks and make them lose games. I can't even. I mean, do you actually stop and look how stupid this sound. Other ppl bad ! Yeah, everyone say it! So everyone must be bad! Except me! LOL

Mohasus

I turned off AA and water so far. But still get some noticeable drops occasionally. Also reduced shadows to Medium.

I play with a 660 @1440p and I only have drops when the ancients (not the creeps, the tree/throne) are on the screen. But I use v-sync so that's only 60fps for me.

Try with everything on low, then turn on your favorite settings. This way you can be sure what is causing the drops (maybe it is the CPU).

myrares

Banned
Ya, I forgot he didn't have BKB, so the haze still works on him which is huge. But if you cleave a creep and hit brew, there is no chance of brew dodging it with drunken brawler.

precisely my point. what do you think are the odds that he will be able to do that? An mkb will help alot more

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It wouldn't be a point of debate if there weren't a massive amount of people complaining about it. Besides, I said that this was based on my experience with match-making. Congrats on being a dick for no reason.

Kod1ak said:
The evidence is clear. 10-20 wins in a row and then 5-10 losses in a row, constantly.

Not sure why this is funny. I didn't realize you're the programmer who works for Valve who coded the match-making algorithms.

There's obviously something in the background causing this to happen. If it occurred occasionally, then I could understand, but it happens every time. When something happens all the time with the same trigger, there's obviously a reason for that happening. And it is definitely not being queued against more skilled opponents.

If it slowly matched me against better players, I wouldn't win 15 games in a row and then lose 10 in a row with obviously worse players on my team, then start givng me competent teammates again. There's nothing slow or subtle about that.

No, no you didn't. Please, you have no intention of debating anything. You generalized your limited matchmaking experience to everyone else and made it out to be an obvious truth. Besides, you're not averse to being a passive aggressive dick yourself. Are you a programmer at Valve who coded the matchmaking algorithms? Is this why matchmaking is so transparent and obvious to you??

massive complaining =/= truth. Besides, where is this "massive complaining," reddit? An internet forum that represents less than 1% of the community???

shira

NAR Going to Seattle! Now I hope SNA can win their game.

NAR Congrats Dignitas
BTSBros.gif

spk

There's probably not much you can do to maintain 90fps, mine drops into the 30s sometimes. Fullscreen makes a bit of difference over borderless/windowed in my experience

Low Tier
great post.

I have scrub tier questions.

Are you working on your MMR in AP? Do you insta-pick your hero? I feel like I have my short list (mirana, timber, bh, shadow shaman), but insta-pick and get countered or forced into support sha sha and can't carry my team.

AP just because i dont like waiting 10 minutes for queue for CM and another 10 for picks.

I seldom instalock, i'll wait it out and see what the team needs. Another important concept is picking the right hero, but each game is a different scenario so its pointless to map out like a flowchart of what hero to pick.

ksan

lol at some people still not understanding the difference between mm trying to force a 50% win rate and mm trying to have an equal chance of both teams winning

also, what happened liquid, those game were just plain sad, i though i saw them play some games pretty well the last 2 days

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I mean, does arteezy even have above a 60% win rate?

edit:
http://dotabuff.com/players/86745912

No, his win rate is 56%.
His win rate used to be 60+ iirc, that's not out of the ordinary for a pro player. But once he became number one NA, he's been getting matched with people far below his MMR because that's the only way the matchmaking system can compensate for the extreme MMR disparity. He literally has to singlehandedly carry his bad teammates (like 1.09) because there's just not enough people who can play on his level.

Tldr: Forced fifty exists if you're 6k MMR because even matches at that level are effectively impossible. Not RTZ? You don't get forced fifty.

BeesEight

So, Liquid unsportsmanlike planned losing team or just not good - you decide!

I really don't like BTS' custom net worth graph.

I really don't like their little graphics they add to matches. I only watch BTS streams in game because I find their "teamfight recaps," "net worth changes" and whatever really distracting.

Argumentum ad populum. Really?!

sixghost

I'd be really surprised if DOTA was GPU throttled on a computer like that. What CPU do you have?

I'm really disappointed with the EU casting up until now. You invite all these pro players and we've had like 2 games out of all of these with a pro player co-caster. They're not even in the hub stream 90% of the time, wtf is the point of this? Really need to step their game up, this is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom