• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really disappointed with the EU casting up until now. You invite all these pro players and we've had like 2 games out of all of these with a pro player co-caster. They're not even in the hub stream 90% of the time, wtf is the point of this? Really need to step their game up, this is garbage.
I think they need to have a separate chill room. Have a proper cast, then a more relaxed cast where sing and others shoot the shit but still more or less talk about the game, and then just a couch where you can watch tobi sulk and james hit on jess or whatever.

I think the second would be tons of fun and youd still get your real world Sweeden.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Are they your friends IRL?
I realize dota can bring out the inner demons you will not usually see on your everyday friends (not talking about feeding but about raging and blaming).

Haha, no. I'd be afraid to play Dota with anybody that I knew where to find in real life.

BeesEight

I think they need to have a separate chill room. Have a proper cast, then a more relaxed cast where sing and others shoot the shit but still more or less talk about the game, and then just a couch where you can watch tobi sulk and james hit on jess or whatever.

But where are the cats?

Artanisix

I think the second would be tons of fun and youd still get your real world Sweeden.

NA hub superior hub

#sunsfan #synderen
#zyori

Dares

I'm really disappointed with the EU casting up until now. You invite all these pro players and we've had like 2 games out of all of these with a pro player co-caster. They're not even in the hub stream 90% of the time, wtf is the point of this? Really need to step their game up, this is garbage.

Well today the pros have been scrimming the whole time, thus not on stream. I'm sure if they thought they had to be "on" the whole time they might not have come.

I just find it funny people are so incensed about the Casual EUHUB stream. I know it's the internet but jesus.

I hover over CK, ally picks PA and takes safe lane, so I pick magnus to offlane, and the last person picks a gyro to lane with me. Proceeds to take my xp and feed. Not that it really would've mattered with the solo Slark repeatedly killing the dual safe lane PA and KotL. #toomanybads

Jex

I get awful teammates occasionally but im so ownage it doesn't matter.

Honestly, the biggest thing that I did to jump mmr was to stop focusing on my teammates. Like I used to believe in my teammates and just go in assuming they could do something, but its honestly much smarter to just pick high impact heroes regardless of role. Here's my quick go-to list for winning ranked by farm priority.
This has been the hardest thing to learn for some of my friends. It's quite often that you'll find your team mates pinging like crazy in an effort to get you to join them on some suicidal attack or defence and my mate would always join them on their escapes despite my objections that they'd all die horribly. But after enough bad fights I think we've both learnt to safely ignore the requests of team mates who want you to perish with them.

Honestly, get a buddy to play Omni with you and just wreck fools. Omni repels you, you blink in, stomp, double edge (you take no damage b/c of repel), omni heals you, enough to kill pretty much anybody midgame. Think of centaur as a panic creator.

this makes me wish i had dota friends IRL or any.

Well today the pros have been scrimming the whole time, thus not on stream. I'm sure if they thought they had to be "on" the whole time they might not have come.

I just find it funny people are so incensed about the Casual EUHUB stream. I know it's the internet but jesus.

I never said they had to be on the entire time, but they're barely ever on stream. I don't really care that it's like this, it just had the potential to be much better than it is right now. People were hyped for this, but it's not delivering and it's a bummer.

edit: I also didn't know they were scrimming so that's my bad.

Storage

They've been scrimming.

When Pajkatt was around he was on camera most of the time so I assume the other players will be as well once they don't have to scrim anymore

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This has been the hardest thing to learn for some of my friends. It's quite often that you'll find your team mates pinging like crazy in an effort to get you to join them on some suicidal attack or defence and my mate would always join them on their escapes despite my objections that they'd all die horribly. But after enough bad fights I think we've both learnt to safely ignore the requests of team mates who want you to perish with them.
Expanding this. Part of playing pub carry is knowing when to be selfish and when to be a hero. It may be that you think you're being a good teammate by responding to cries for help, and in an ideal situation you would be. But your teammate isn't hyhy and you're not ice3. You should not trust them in the same way a pro team trusts in their captain unless that trust has been earned.

Razzer

Sing was on plenty earlier, then he had to scrim as the game started. Pajkatt was there plenty yesterday, and Notail has been funny as well earlier. There is still time.

Ultrabum

For me its more like: Are you playing Mirana/Phoenix?

If yes:
65% winrate
else:
50% winrate

Pretty accurate assessment, imo. I think its the same thing with the lanes really. Do your lanes work ? Yes -> win rate 75%, no-> win rate 25%.

So many times my team drafts like, SF (mid), Void(safe lane carry), Shadow shamen (support), centaur (offlane), and then the last guy picks Spectre... And out team goes, wat. Then we lose horribly.

sixghost

So this was part of Tobi's to the complaints that the EU hub is taking viewers away from the NA hub.

3. People choose the option they want

I find it the most amusing things that casters are actually bitching about what people are watching. It is like complaining that a cute cat video gets more views on YouTube than your full production broadcast VOD.

You can only make your product it is up to the viewers what they want to watch, and if they are not watching you then you either need to change your product or work on your marketing.

Isn't Tobi the one that prevented arteezy from casting an ESL China game a few weeks ago because he was stealing all the viewers from Tobi's stream?

BeesEight

They've been scrimming.

When Pajkatt was around he was on camera most of the time so I assume the other players will be as well once they don't have to scrim anymore

I was actually wondering why some of them would agree to go to the EUhub (Pajkatt in particular since his team is playing in a week). Makes me wonder how many computers they have in that home.

So this was part of Tobi's to the complaints that the EU hub is taking viewers away from the NA hub.

Isn't Tobi the one that prevented arteezy from casting an ESL China game a few weeks ago because he was stealing all the viewers from Tobi's stream?
Just like in real life people love the free market... until it starts fucking you over.

Artanisix

Wasn't Tobi specifically but the people running joindota iirc.

Haly

Troll is a shitty hero.

How to make him not-shit:

Troll Warlod
Berserker's Rage (Melee) Bash is no longer a Unique Attack modifier.

xanavi

Troll is a shitty hero.

How to make him not-shit:

Troll Warlod
Berserker's Rage (Melee) Bash is no longer a Unique Attack modifier.

Bash is a UAM? Did you mean:

Troll Warlord
Berserker's Rage (Melee) Bash stacks additively with Basher and Abyssal Blade.

Zeth

I'd be really surprised if DOTA was GPU throttled on a computer like that. What CPU do you have?

3570k at 4.2 - I'm flummoxed.

Does dota not like >60fps frame rates? Tbh the extra 30fps isn't a massive upgrade as it's not the ideal high frame rate display. I might just stick with 60 if I don't figure something out.

So 1v1 mid matchmaking is probably coming. That'll be interesting.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Wait, did RTZ not want your Naga set, or are you making a 4th Naga set?

There was a miss-communication on the whole thing. RTZ and I talked about making him a set back before he signed to EG. I had to put it off since I was already working on other things. He signed EG, EG went and got an rtz naga set done. I dunno the back end of it but I assume Rtz must have thought they were talking with me.

I was half way through my naga set when the other artist was like... "This is kinda awkward, but..."

I talked with EG and they wanted to go with their artist they they had organised from the beginning. I said thats fair enough and I pulled out. Montenai needs this more than I do, so I'm happy he gets to finish it. But it would have been cool to pull off the Bronto, anuxi, montenai rtz bundle! (bronto was gonna do Morphling)

I asked rtz if it would be okay if I offered the set to meracle since he is my fave sea player and naga player. He said its fine :)

Storage

I was actually wondering why some of them would agree to go to the EUhub (Pajkatt in particular since his team is playing in a week). Makes me wonder how many computers they have in that home.
Everyone has like their own computer in their room.

They also have like 6-7 computers just right outside the kitchen (you can kinda of see it when the kitchen cam is on the couch stream)

Then they also have the computers they use for broadcasting and stuff

Also, i think Pajkaat just lives nearby so it isn't too much of a hassle for him to get there

Haly

Those accounts are plants by volvo to hide the force fifty.

manfestival

Those that deny the forced 50 should be cast out into the ocean to fend for themselves. These struggles and challenges of survival will make them suitable to be one of us.

Forced 50 is real, nay sayers pls

3570k at 4.2 - I'm flummoxed.

Does dota not like >60fps frame rates? Tbh the extra 30fps isn't a massive upgrade as it's not the ideal high frame rate display. I might just stick with 60 if I don't figure something out.

So 1v1 mid matchmaking is probably coming. That'll be interesting.
Source is pretty cpu heavy so I doubt it's your gpu. It seems basic, but make sure your v sync is turned off.

I have no problems constantly being at 120 so its not impossible no.

F50cwdi.png

This is a random thought, but I've been really favouring soul ring over arcanes for heroes where they need an item to shore up their personal mana needs. Am I nuts for thinking it's a lot better?

Haly

Fucking matchmaking how does it work?
This is a random thought, but I've been really favouring soul ring over arcanes for heroes where they need an item to shore up their personal mana needs. Am I nuts for thinking it's a lot better?

Depends on the hero but really you're not. Arcane is suited to INT, Soul Ring for STR, AGI goes either way, or aquila/bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom