• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Calling it now, they announce they're bringing out all the remaining character's from the original Dota before the grand final of TI.
Incredibly wishful thinking.

And enabling them in CM right away
6CbxaPc.jpg

So whenever I come up against a team with Tinker/large sources of DoT I will build Yasha > whatever on TA instead of Blink > whatever. That works, right?

Aselith

So whenever I come up against a team with Tinker/large sources of DoT I will build Yasha > whatever on TA instead of Blink > whatever. That works, right?

Technically, I guess. Why build Yasha though? Just skip the Blink and move on to better things. And not just against that lineup...always.

I mean i understand you want to go faster but you probably have phase boots and you definitely have a slow so it's kind of just throwing your money at a problem that doesn't exist.

Mohasus

I mean i understand you want to go faster but you probably have phase boots and you definitely have a slow so it's kind of just throwing your money at a problem that doesn't exist.

No. This kind of thought leads to things like doom that doesn't level up devour because he bought a hand of midas.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Isn't drums instead of yasha better? I've been reading and yasha seems like waste of money compared to drums, drums gives you very nice stats and manta doesn't seem all that useful on TA except when you want to get rid of some status effects, in other words is situational. Nowadays i go treads> drums> BKB (if needed) deso. Seems like a balanced build to me.

Aselith

No. This kind of thought leads to things like doom that doesn't skill devour because he bought a hand of midas.

Ot it leads to you getting your Deso earlier and killing everything on the map. You say tomayto, I say tomahto.

I also don't skill devour beyond level 1 on Doom ;x

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You might actually want Blink against Tinker because he's going to be Blinking very soon...

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So why is the ARDM mode still able to be played, a couple patches later?

I know somebody speculated they made it available unofficially on purpose, to give it a chance to be tested without running it through the test client. Could that be the case?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That Drow loadingscreen has a Warcraft character on it

how are they going to add that?

Give Blizzard some of the money? I don't know.

Also, whats odd is there is technically 2 single item chests added this patch, but they both have the same set of Items. I wonder if Valve will change one of them up.

shira

if loading screens are gonna drop, they should be a bonus like the experience boost items. giving people loading screens only is like giving them the middle finger. if you replace a file on your computer, it's the same fucking thing. at least with the hats, everyone can see you wearing them

the only exception is that lina loading screen, but it came with a set

j7DlMSpb8IqJ4.png

weird items. Axnuxi and Carty

Dota2_TemplarAssassin.jpg

This Arcana is going to require 2 ethereal gems isn't it. Pictured black and yellow

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I don't think a TA Arcana would look like that at all, that is literally just normal TA with a different color scheme.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
j7DlMSpb8IqJ4.png

weird items. Axnuxi and Carty

Dota2_TemplarAssassin.jpg

This Arcana is going to require 2 ethereal gems isn't it. Pictured black and yellow

Why would you want a lame palette swap as a arcana? You can probably find a mod that does the same thing.

Zeth

Waga uses a gold TA mod. All the particles/cosmetics/ability icons. Pretty sweet. Too lazy for link.

That concept art is beautiful though and I'd be totally content if some version of it ended up as an Arcana.

Just played my first Venomancer game, and while we won and I did okay, he felt kinda underwhelming. He has some similarities to my man Jakiro (support with great push, high damage over time, mana free damage over time harass, slow as shit), but while Jakiro has a long range stun, big attack speed slows and good bulk, I'm not quite sure what Veno offers to match that.

It probably comes down to learning to make effective use of wards to scout, hold lanes, farm, etc. I may watch some pro Veno games and see if I pick up some pointers.

EDIT: Also congrats Hylian!

inkls

Just played my first Venomancer game, and while we won and I did okay, he felt kinda underwhelming. He has some similarities to my man Jakiro (support with great push, high damage over time, mana free damage over time harass, slow as shit), but while Jakiro has a long range stun and good bulk, I'm not quite sure what Veno offers.

It probably comes down to learning to make effective use of wards to scout, hold lanes, farm, etc. I may watch some pro Veno games and see if I pick up some pointers.

Veno is really fun to play when you get fed. suicide ult bomb in the middle of the enemy team, get a triple kill while staring at the respawn counter.

His gale goes well with juggernaut's spin for an easy first blood.

Hylian7

And then I get someone on my team insistent on ancients Dusa....on Dire side....Come on son...

I know I made some mistakes, but at least I caught up, for fucks sakes.

pompidu

Just played my first Venomancer game, and while we won and I did okay, he felt kinda underwhelming. He has some similarities to my man Jakiro (support with great push, high damage over time, mana free damage over time harass, slow as shit), but while Jakiro has a long range stun, big attack speed slows and good bulk, I'm not quite sure what Veno offers to match that.

The only hero is was able to get 18 kills with and concede 0 deaths. Learn to position yourself for his ultimate, it's godly if used right.

DotaGAF's Doom advices were great, thanks. Rekt my friends in a local lobby.

Now to learn Nature's Prophet and Spectre.

Going with a treads > maelstrom > necro build on NP, is that good? Also I seem to suck at ratting, always getting picked off.

Spectre I just suck at. No idea how to use him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom