• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Our Nyx picked him off plenty of times but we couldn't fucking push into March

Pushing highground into march is dificult, instead you should have tried killing tinker and push when he's dead. I know killing a good tinker is difficult but it's either that or try getting some awesome initiation highground. I dunno man a good tinker player is a fucking nightmare to deal with if you leave him alone.

Aselith

vE5rC1Z.png

4k achieved

Thank you, based Anon Sniper!

i kid nice job

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm liking these new API updates.

yVgUBC0.png

They updated the API? I gotta take a look, where is that schema change log.

Edit: Did GetTeamInfoByTeamID always work? I thought that was another thing that never worked before. Sadly GetScheduledLeagueGames still doesn't work.

Edit 2: How far along are you of setting up a map. I see they give X and Y positions.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any info on buybacks, which is a bit disappointment.

Is there a trick to make it give you new data each call? It seems to keep returning the same values for me until the mess with the API call. I guess just adding on an additional parameter like "&nothing=1" and changing the number works.

Ketch

Going into AP with a solid plan BEFORE you get to the hero select screen is fun. I got a taste of drafting by just telling everybody what we're going to pick, and then they picked what I told them to, and we destroyed.

We picked luna venge, jungle axe, razor mid, centaur offlane.

It was fun to make a solid line up out of the heroes that I knew everyone was good at.

Aselith

Wow, people are pieces of shit. All those Pyres that people stripped and then changed the description tag to have Flames of the Pyre in it so you couldn't even search for pyre's with the gems in it. Shady AS FUCK.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Poor waga. Even at 6900 MMR NP buys flying courier at 9:50. No wards after 7, no counter wards.

WD calls him noob and says to report because his map awareness is bad.
'sorry 3600mmr'

It's 5v4 they have abandon.

He misses out on a fight and misses silence, WD leaves, two other teammates leave. Loss. #Roadto6k

Madouu

Yeah I was discussing this with a friend at the same time you posted, there are people like that in all mmr brackets.

The "Knob mid no gang" are probably the worst kind though... Also see my previous post.

dmshaposv

Wow, people are pieces of shit. All those Pyres that people stripped and then changed the description tag to have Flames of the Pyre in it so you couldn't even search for pyre's with the gems in it. Shady AS FUCK.

I especially enjoy when people rename trash items as "scythe of ice" or "eternal machine head" and put a price tag of $300 to scam ppl. Such fail, since you can easily see that the thumbnail of the image is still the trash item and the real name is still shown under description.

Frankly, party MMR shows basically how good your friends are. I haven't played ranked in months but a few days ago, I figured I'll give it another shot and absolutely wrecked face in the 3.6k bracket. I'm gonna hit 4k flat (solo) by the end of summer I think. I feel I'm comfortably the best player in my games by miles and I manage to win more than lose fairly reliably. Forced 50% and trench conspiracy theories are just that.

In non-ranked I solo queue in the very high bracket which is why seeing players make so many blatant mistakes in my ranked games is quite amusing.

However, I've almost totally given up on supporting. I farm at ridiculous rates when I'm given the space and I just feel it's so much easier making an impact with a hero who doesn't drop off 20 minutes in. Then again, I probably sucked as a support all along.

Acinixys

Holy balls

Necro is the most piece of shit hero to try fight against past 40 minutes

He can kill one of your heros instantly with blink - dagon 5 - ult, and then even if you have a farm advantage his burst heal/damage spam is impossible to deal with

Zeknurn

Play two games of unranked everyone is competent and plays on an even level.

Play one ranked game, ES comes offlane with me as Dark Seer and feeds. Huskar leaves mid to dive the tower offlane, dies and the puck gets free farm mid because Huskar doesn't return for 10 minutes. PA finishes his battlefury 30 minutes into the game.

Fuck. This. Game.

#questdownto0mmr

Zeknurn

Another fucking game. Safelane tri feeds solo bristleback 5 kills by 7 and Kunkka loses mid against DK and never ganks.

What am I supposed to do? These games are over before 15 minutes.

The dota community sure loves their waifus. Pudge, mirana and invoker got eliminated. :eek:

well, a large part of the game involves dressing them up so...

EDIT: I mistook your comment, they havent been eliminated yet of course, just rooting for WR.

I think Mirana's gonna win though.

dmshaposv

I hate invoker pickers as much as the next person, but the potential with an invoker arcana is actually really cool.

If valve don't get lazy, they should ideally customize all 14 spells of his in a completely different way.

Razzer

Well, I guess it's time to jump on the ranked matchmaking train again, I wonder if I've improved since doing my calibration matches. #roadto3.5K etc etc.

Kioshen

What's a good benchmark to work towards regarding last hitting for a carry ? 40 cs in the first 10 minutes / 30 cs in the first 10 in a heavily contested lane ?

How did you guys learn how to adapt your builds or make one in the first place ? Just read every item descriptions until it makes sense + match experience ? I see plenty of people around here throw builds around like it's obvious so I'm probably missing something.

shira

What's a good benchmark to work towards regarding last hitting for a carry ? 40 cs in the first 10 minutes / 30 cs in the first 10 in a heavily contested lane ?

How did you guys learn how to adapt your builds or make one in the first place ? Just read every item descriptions until it makes sense + match experience ? I see plenty of people around here throw builds around like it's obvious so I'm probably missing something.

Watch better players, claim X build is legit. If anyone notices a trend of wins using a build word gets around

I get between 65 and 75 in an uncontested lane in 10 minutes, 40-50 in a contested lane. 40 last hits for newer players is good.

It comes with experience, knowing what the opposing heroes are weak to, and knowing how to use what item and how those items synergize with your hero and your team. For example: If you're playing against Clockwerk, you know he's going to hook into cogs several times in a game. So if you're a support you can partially counter that by getting a Force Staff and getting you and your teammates out of the cogs and into a safer position.

It's the same kind of deal with deciding whether or not BKB is needed on your hero that game, some heroes always get it, some almost never, but most of the time you can tell from the pick screen whether or not it's a good idea.

KLonso

What's a good benchmark to work towards regarding last hitting for a carry ? 40 cs in the first 10 minutes / 30 cs in the first 10 in a heavily contested lane?
Eh. 40 is a bit low for a benchmark, I've always used 52 since I heard it somewhere. If you're in a free farm lane, your benchmark should definitely be 60+.

Jarnet87

I'm 3100 in single MMR, party MMR like 3070 something. I always fluctuate between 3000 and 3200, I get close to breaking 3200 and the dota gods smite me. I play with 1 other friend whose about 3500, and on weekends another whose about 3300-3400. classic case of dota gods smiting me last night. About to get out of 3100, and we get hit peruvians who queued together. They ask for 3 heroes in a tri lane and want to go aggressive. We give them the 3 heroes and they go top and get zero kills, so much for aggressive. They also speak zero English as usual so me and my friend can't communicate with them. This is Dota.

Hylian7

I haven't gotten to play much solo games lately. Probably this weekend I might get to play now. Usually when I've played lately the people I stack with were online though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom