• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to level 1 Rosh with Ursa + Wraith King with a friend on a smurf and it didn't work. Not even close. :( Is the +1 armor buff that significant or did we do it wrong?

I tried to level 1 Rosh with Ursa + Wraith King with a friend on a smurf and it didn't work. Not even close. :( Is the +1 armor buff that significant or did we do it wrong?

you skilled fury swipes and vampiric aura. Then go Wraith, then ursa then wraith then ursa. Taking a salve each time you pull away.

inkls

+1 embrace the rat

We need that gif from that action movie where they grab each other's arm, but with PL's face on both of them.

edit:
carl_6992b0_5906769qsim.gif

Yeah, this one

To be fair the other team, while consisting of all carries decided the best way to win is to gank our Lich and BH, who won almost everytime. Gave me the freedom to just push the left and right lanes. Ah, sub 3k Dota has its moments.

Anyway, any good builds for Furion?

I went Midas > Treads > Shadowblade > Necro.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I really hate losing games to unskilled players that talk shit despite getting messed up in fights just on the basis of my team having a bad team composition.

Razzer

To be fair the other team, while consisting of all carries decided the best way to win is to gank our Lich and BH, who won almost everytime. Gave me the freedom to just push the left and right lanes. Ah, sub 3k Dota has its moments.

Anyway, any good builds for Furion?

I went Midas > Treads > Shadowblade > Necro.

The Bulldog build people are trying nowadays is Treads > Maelstrom > Blink > Orchid > Hex. Global ganks and pickoff central. Supposedly very fun.

Hylian7

So the other day I played Necrophos for my daily challenge. I wrecked the house and a few times early on I walked into a fight and hot a kill just by being there with Hearts topper.

I can't recall a time I ever saw or heard of this hero being picked competitively. Has he? What would it take to make him viable? What position (obviously not support).

The game I played him in was unranked, and I was feeling clowny and went Bloodstone into Radiance. What do people buy for real items on this hero?

On another note, I tried Lesh in an unranked game yesterday. I haven't touched that hero in at least a year. I had to go mid and had like no idea how he is played now. Haven't heard him talked about in forever.

Razzer

It's harder to stop a rat who can blink into trees and gtfo

This and it's more sneaky for heroes like Morph or Ember who have an escape. If you TO then they will see it and gtfo, but if you teleport to the trees and blink on them there is no time to react.

DanSaxon

I can't recall a time I ever saw or heard of this hero being picked competitively. Has he? What would it take to make him viable? What position (obviously not support).

If my memory serves correct I've seen him played a handful of times mid, and maybe on occasion in a 1 position in an aggro tri rushing mek.

It's harder to stop a rat who can blink into trees and gtfo

This would be my reasoning to buying one.

Kioshen

Watch better players, claim X build is legit. If anyone notices a trend of wins using a build word gets around

Yeah but copying is not understanding why you do something a certain way.

I get between 65 and 75 in an uncontested lane in 10 minutes, 40-50 in a contested lane. 40 last hits for newer players is good.

Thanks ! I'm close to that point now but getting past that or at least consistent is still hard.

It comes with experience, knowing what the opposing heroes are weak to, and knowing how to use what item and how those items synergize with your hero and your team. For example: If you're playing against Clockwerk, you know he's going to hook into cogs several times in a game. So if you're a support you can partially counter that by getting a Force Staff and getting you and your teammates out of the cogs and into a safer position.

It's the same kind of deal with deciding whether or not BKB is needed on your hero that game, some heroes always get it, some almost never, but most of the time you can tell from the pick screen whether or not it's a good idea.

Yup it seems that only match experience will close that gap. Knowing when to buy it or when it's too late for it so that i'd need to build something else to work toward something bigger.

Eh. 40 is a bit low for a benchmark, I've always used 52 since I heard it somewhere. If you're in a free farm lane, your benchmark should definitely be 60+.

I should have specified "for a new player" but at least I know what's the higher limit. Thank you.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So what is the most efficient way to bottle crow? Use all charges and crow? Or leave a charge and crow?

Acinixys

So the other day I played Necrophos for my daily challenge. I wrecked the house and a few times early on I walked into a fight and hot a kill just by being there with Hearts topper.

Go mid because Necro needs levels and a shitload of farm so he can sustain his death pulse spam

Proper items - Treads - Mek - Aghs - Blink - Sheep/Shivas - Heart
Fuck you build - Treads - Dagon 5 - Blink - Eblade

Zoon

Go mid because Necro needs levels and a shitload of farm so he can sustain his death pulse spam

Proper items - Treads - Mek - Aghs - Blink - Sheep/Shivas - Heart
Fuck you build - Treads - Dagon 5 - Blink - Eblade

Phase - headress - radiance - shivas - heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom