• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Arcs of Manta pack off market after opening $5 worth of chests and not getting them. They were normal though, dunno if they were from an old chest or the just don't come inscribed, even if you get them from the updated one. I think that's it for me for the sale though, spent far too much on Dota recently.

Silencer is so much fun, especially to dick over people in the bottom of the trench, they are just so confused.

"wait, why am I disarmed? why did I lose half my mana? why can't I cast spells? HOLY SHIT WHY IS HE HITTING SO HARD"

Silencer is so much fun, especially to dick over people in the bottom of the trench, they are just so confused.

"wait, why am I disarmed? why did I lose half my mana? why can't I cast spells? HOLY SHIT WHY IS HE HITTING SO HARD"

This so much so. I've got a 9 game winning streak with him at the moment.

playing all random, get drow, go mid, get reported before the game starts

end up winning

wat

also went 11-2

wat wat

People really are dumb aint they.

Renoir

Got Arcs of Manta pack off market after opening $5 worth of chests and not getting them. They were normal though, dunno if they were from an old chest or the just don't come inscribed, even if you get them from the updated one. I think that's it for me for the sale though, spent far too much on Dota recently.
I want a pair bad..
I got my AM decked out.
Do you play AM? what is the quick way to find out when some one is out of mana so you can ult them? I click on heroes but that a slow process in the heat of battle.

BHK3

Banned
I want a pair bad..
I got my AM decked out.
Do you play AM? what is the quick way to find out when some one is out of mana so you can ult them? I click on heroes but that a slow process in the heat of battle.

? How so? You are already right clicking the shit out of them, just turn one of those right clicks to a left click, don't see any blue? THE COST OF MAGIC. Or keep in mind who's been casting spells, you just develop a feel for who has mana and who doesn't. A storm is never gonna have 100% mana as they use remnant to farm and ball lightning all the time for example.

shira

playing all random, get drow, go mid, get reported before the game starts

end up winning

wat

also went 11-2

wat wat

People really are dumb aint they.
Easy hero. Drow easy hero. That's why you got reported.
You have to random visage or chen and carry to not get reported.

Renoir

? How so? You are already right clicking the shit out of them, just turn one of those right clicks to a left click, don't see any blue? THE COST OF MAGIC. Or keep in mind who's been casting spells, you just develop a feel for who has mana and who doesn't. A storm is never gonna have 100% mana as they use remnant to farm and ball lightning all the time for example.
yea i right click.. but then u look down then the mana bar is full, so i got to look for someone else to harass and blow up. The ult is powerful. but you can just pop it. in my case any way. Plenty of time i poped it was a finisher, only to have them walk away with like 14 health.

Razzer

Is Bloodstone bad on DP now? Someone yelled at me for getting it.

It's not bad, but people feel if you are spending so much time farming it you impact your ability to do stuff before that. A Eul's, for instance, gives you mana regen and helps you do shit as well (ganking with euls into silence and useful in fights). Other cheaper items will often help the team more. If you are snowballing getting it is ok tho.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It was never bad, but Bloodstone is very much a luxury INT mid item. It's only for when you're really ahead.

There are lots of better ways to use 5k gold than Bloodstone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah, it's my I HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY item after I get the stuff my team needs.

Then that's fine and your teammates are dumb.

As long as you're not rushing it.

BHK3

Banned
Is Bloodstone bad on DP now? Someone yelled at me for getting it.

Yes and No. Unless you are winning pretty heavily, a bloodstone is waste on her cause it takes too long to get. Too many games I've been in where it's 25 minutes of torture and I look at my DP and all I see is arcane boots and a perseverance...

FACE

Banned
I want a pair bad..
I got my AM decked out.

I'm pretty sure that once they're out of mana the Mana Break sound effect stops playing.

Hylian7

I want a pair bad..
I got my AM decked out.
Left click them > look at mana bar > F1 > R > left click (if low enough)

Quesa

My Earth Spirit needs so much fucking work I struggle to stay relevant late game.

Also fuck the tinker complaints Void is the biggest asswipe in the game

ViviOggi

I know it's far later in the timeline to be doing this but if EG switched rosters so they may as well let Fnatic switch theirs -- just make X a team member until the end of TI4, or maybe don't update comp cards.
My thoughts exactly. Hope it somehow works out for Fnatic.

Renoir

I'm pretty sure that once they're out of mana the Mana Break sound effect stops playing.

wee-bey.gif

I know the immediate reaction is to freak out but there are obviously more sides to this story.

That being said the overall situation has been handled poorly and it's a shame Fnatic have had to come out in public in a last-ditch effort in order to try and salvage things.

I thought era was still going to go to TI or at least that was the plan

Edit I read the letter. Valve should probably amend this. It's no different than any unforseen physical issue happening.

At the very least their stance on standins should be made official and clear cut so these things can be sorted quickly and easily in the future instead of like this.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
http://www.fnatic.com/content/96133/letter-from-the-team-update-on-fnatic-dota-2

So looks like Valve won't let Fnatic play without Era, so he either risks his health or the team is disqualified...

This is fucking stupid, if Valve wants dota to be a premeir esport than fucking treat it like a sport. This isn't the 1990's and early 2000's where stand-ins are taboo. Sports teams have a bench for a reason, shit happens. Era has a severe medical condition and fnatic with 4/5 is still fnatic, not to mention they have been playing even better with xcalibur. Blows my mind why Valve acts like a Dark Ages inquisition over shit as simple as a stand-in, a back-up.

Not to mention bending the rules for EG. Yeah yeah mason was playing for fear for quite a long time and they notified Valve months ago. They still bended their own rules of "no roster changes," fear's name was on that invite, not mason's. Let's not forget all the rumors of Fear trying to get into NAR to play in TI, or the fact he played a shit ton of games and streamed nearly every day since being officially replaced. Stinks more than the fnatic situation tbh.

I'm going to be pissed if fnatic, one of the most fun teams to watch, can't play at TI, especially since I paid a shit ton to go see my favorite teams in person, fnatic being one of them.

ViviOggi

I know the immediate reaction is to freak out but there are obviously more sides to this story.

That being said the overall situation has been handled poorly and it's a shame Fnatic have had to come out in public in a last-ditch effort in order to try and salvage things.
Knowing Valve we'll never learn about theirs though. If only there was an esports site that could dig into this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom