• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

Just arrived in Germany, got to the hotel. It's a few km from the arena, just in the city. Frankfurt looks and feels awesome. Pretty pumped for the pre-event tonight and the games tomorrow. If anyone is going and sees me feel free to slap me and shout neogaf. Just be gentle... ;)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
EG with Mason was a proven top 5 team in the world, even before the invites went out.

Fnatic with Excalibur would probably still deserve to go to TI, but it's not nearly as much of a sure thing given their mixed tournament results so far.

Fnatic have always had mixed results. Wonder how people would react if Dendi broke his wrist and was unable to play.

This game made me want to uninstall dota (im watson) i had a great weaver early game. i went 1-6 on the bottom lane before 14 minutes. The lion and Ursa were brand new players straight from LOL complaining about losing gold when you die. My great early game just crushed.
dota2.png

Sanjay

This game made me want to uninstall dota (im watson) i had a great weaver early game. i went 1-6 on the bottom lane before 14 minutes. The lion and Ursa were brand new players straight from LOL complaining about losing gold when you die. My great early game just crushed.
dota2.png

One of those Weaver players.

You forgot to buy a very important early game item.

dota2.png

You forgot boots, son

pompidu

dota2.png

If you had boots, you woulda pwned them

Nymerio

Is MKB an item you can get regardless of evasion on the other team? I was playing with friends yesterday and two of them got MKBs even though there was no evasion on the other team. I thought that there would've been better ways to spend the gold.

One of those Weaver players.

You forgot to buy a very important early game item.

my mobility and dmg were fine without Treads. I should have gone gem or dust to fuck with sniper. Didnt need linken because i was pretty much only taking physical dmg and the only spell it would negate is kings stun and snipers assassinate.

BigAT

Is MKB an item you can get regardless of evasion on the other team? I was playing with friends yesterday and two of them got MKBs even though there was no evasion on the other team. I thought that there would've been better ways to spend the gold.

Daedalus is a bit better if there is no evasion involved, but there are still possible reasons to go MKB instead of it. If you're facing heroes that you expect to be buying Butterfly in the future, if you're a hero like Viper/BS that has no other way to interrupt channeling and TPs, heroes like Gyro/Medusa where the crit/effect of other items won't be equally applied to all your attacks, if you're planning on siegeing down T3 towers as a ranged hero and want the to eliminate the miss rate of firing uphill.

Airan

It's a pretty beastly damage item. 88 dmg plus 15 atk speed and the occasional 100 magic dmg mini-bash is nothing to scoff at. I think only Abyssal and Rapier outdamage it. I'm not sure of the cost to damage ratio though.

[edit]Also what BigAT said.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's... not a great pickup without evasion. Only on heroes that synergize with the raw damage better than they would with Crit (for example, if they have a Crit of their own, since it comes with diminishing returns, or Weaver's Geminate Attack).

Or if you need a mini-stun because your team lacks interrupts for channelers. It's a good pickup then, but only on ranged. It's a bit of a waste on melee because you're not going to interrupt Enigma's black hole by walking up to him.

Demoli

Daedalus is a bit better if there is no evasion involved, but there are still possible reasons to go MKB instead of it. If you're facing heroes that you expect to be buying Butterfly in the future, if you're a hero like Viper/BS that has no other way to interrupt channeling and TPs, heroes like Gyro/Medusa where the crit/effect of other items won't be equally applied to all your attacks, if you're planning on siegeing down T3 towers as a ranged hero and want the to eliminate the miss rate of firing uphill.

Just a small correction, MKB doesnt prevent uphill misses, it was fixed a while ago.

Haly

Daily Hero is Anti Mage

help

You must be one with the farm.

Farm the lane.

Farm the jungle.

Farm the ancients.

Farm towers.

Farm heroes.

You have no team, there is only the farm.

iamblades

It is still a really really great dps item, with the highest flat +damage short of divine rapier, plus you get the minibash, which is always useful. 35% chance is huge, good luck ever casting anything with a cast animation vs a sniper with MKB. :p

Also it negates uphill miss chance as well, so even without evasion it is still super useful. It makes breaking high ground so much easier when you aren't missing 1/4th of your attacks.

Nymerio

It's a pretty beastly damage item. 88 dmg plus 15 atk speed and the occasional 100 magic dmg mini-bash is nothing to scoff at. I think only Abyssal and Rapier outdamage it. I'm not sure of the cost to damage ratio though.

[edit]Also what BigAT said.

It is still a really really great dps item, with the highest flat +damage short of divine rapier, plus you get the minibash, which is always useful. 35% chance is huge, good luck ever casting anything with a cast animation vs a sniper with MKB. :p

Also it negates uphill miss chance as well, so even without evasion it is still super useful. It makes breaking high ground so much easier when you aren't missing 1/4th of your attacks.

It's... not a great pickup without evasion. Only on heroes that synergize with the raw damage better than they would with Crit (for example, if they have a Crit of their own, since it comes with diminishing returns, or Weaver's Geminate Attack).

Or if you need a mini-stun because your team lacks interrupts for channelers. It's a good pickup then, but only on ranged. It's a bit of a waste on melee because you're not going to interrupt Enigma's black hole by walking up to him.

Thanks for the input. One of the guys was actually a weaver and he did really well anyway.

RS4-

I actually pick up euls on someone like BS depending on the other team if I don't need an MKB (or not enough time to farm it up).

Saterium

I'm trying to figure out Tinker - can any Tinker players give me some pointers on pushing towers? Pushing the lane is easy, farming is usually easy but I always get stuck at towers.

I usually TP into lane, blink into trees, drop a couple marches and get out. Tinker's auto attack is pretty awful so sitting around in lane while trying to take a tower is just asking to get ganked. The creeps do an okay job at pushing the tower but its suuuuuper slow. Is it up to the rest of the team to actually get the job done in terms of taking towers?

RS4-

I'm trying to figure out Tinker - can any Tinker players give me some pointers on pushing towers? Pushing the lane is easy, farming is usually easy but I always get stuck at towers.

I usually TP into lane, blink into trees, drop a couple marches and get out. Tinker's auto attack is pretty awful so sitting around in lane while trying to take a tower is just asking to get ganked. The creeps do an okay job at pushing the tower but its suuuuuper slow. Is it up to the rest of the team to actually get the job done in terms of taking towers?

Slow siege for the most part. It keeps pressure on that tower and forces the other team to rotate. But at the same time, if you've been tp'ing to that tower three times in a row, someone or the team is going to be waiting. Eventually your team should join you or at least take another lane at the same time.

Haly

Why did the Arc of Manta price crash again? I'm not up-to-date on my hat smuggling.

Saterium

Slow siege for the most part. It keeps pressure on that tower and forces the other team to rotate. But at the same time, if you've been tp'ing to that tower three times in a row, someone or the team is going to be waiting. Eventually your team should join you or at least take another lane at the same time.

Alright, I figured as much - no super secrets I'm missing out on. Thanks!

Haly

Anuxi, when am I getting Vaginaling Skadiling?

I offered all my Morphling items out of disgust. Skadiling is what I imagined Morphling sets would look like when I heard he was being broken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom