• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

awww snap full email correspondences

drama

Edit: I've come to accept very little communication from Valve, but I'm very impressed with this transparency. While it does make some people not look that great, overall I think it was the correct choice and I don't think anyone can blame Valve at this point. It's solely on the Fnatic organization.

I regret jumping to a conclusion a few pages ago assuming that it was solely one of those "rules we have to stick to" situations.

I'm curious what the outcome will be.

It's also a reminder that at the end of the day so many of the people in this scene are really young, and that usually leads to poor decisions, especially when lots of money is a stake.

ZeroX03

Banned
Though I think that the game should have a roster/substitute system in place like every other damn team sport, this explains Valves position quite clearly. What were you thinking Fnatic?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, sounds like Fnatic will still be attending (With Era) from that final email, but I'm sure they are going to perform poorly now, since I doubt Era is too stocked about being kicked from the team.

Zeth

Well played Valve. Pretty much eliminates any and all doubt with regard to their position
and puts Fnatic on blast for attempting to upgrade their roster by voting Era out

Now they can push the next patch and bury this drama!

ZeroX03

Banned
bik5ZlO.jpg

Am I reading into this too much or is it salt?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck that's real shady from Fnatic, i thought they were all friends in the team? Couldn't they you know stick for each other if Era was recovering? make a stand or something?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The only thing left to be seen is did the other 4 player know about all this. Did H4nn1 make his post knowing full well the situation with Era?

sixghost

Also, sounds like Fnatic will still be attending (With Era) from that final email, but I'm sure they are going to perform poorly now, since I doubt Era is too stocked about being kicked from the team.

Is this based in any sort of fact, or is it just conspiracy garbage? I have a real hard time believing that a team which has been together as long as Fnatic would look to replace one of their players on such short notice without a legitimate reason.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is this based in any sort of fact, or is it just conspiracy garbage? I have a real hard time believing that a team which has been together as long as Fnatic would look to replace one of their players on such short notice without a legitimate reason.

Adrian Kryeziu said:
With all this said, I had a skype coference with the team 2 days ago when they returned from LA. They said that they don’t trust my health state and think it would be a risky and bold move to take me to TI as I can’t go back to the bootcamp with them, therefore, they pretty much had me fired of the team (still contract signed) for the rest of the summer, as they think they can do “better” with a Standin. So, my question here is, are they allowed to do that? Espicially knowing that I CAN play at TI 4.

It sounds that way in the email from Era directly to Valve.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Damn, that is crazy. I hope Era recovers because I know anxiety and depression can destroy your life.

I do wonder if the decision to fire him were from the management side of the team because I do like the players of Fnatic and it would suck if they had a part in this.

ksan

fnatic trying to kick era, valve communicating as well as their customer support, era screwing over his team mates

wonderful situation

hope era is doing better though

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
fnatic trying to kick era, valve communicating as well as their customer support, era screwing over his team mates

wonderful situation

hope era is doing better though
Yo ksan I bought the drink of your people. It's a cider called Rekorderlig or some such and I'm looking forward to having a can for dinner.

Will report back with results.

ksan

Damn, that is crazy. I hope Era recovers because I know anxiety and depression can destroy your life.

I do wonder if the decision to fire him were from the management side of the team because I do like the players of Fnatic and it would suck if they had a part in this.

carn knows his shit, he aint like that
you can see that that hanni also wrote some mails
Yo ksan I bought the drink of your people. It's a cider called Rekorderlig or some such and I'm looking forward to having a can for dinner.

Will report back with results.

that's what girls drink!

and maybe you have a one or two hidden in the bottom of your plastic bag of beer when pre-partying, just to have something for change!
it's pretty damn sweet though, doesnt feel like drinking alcohol

KingKong

So they basically have to go with Era now, thats gonna be awkward. I wonder if they would consider leaving Fnatic if the relationship between the management and players is totally soured, maybe go to Complexity or something

Now we can all see exactly why Valve has such systems in place to protect the players. fnatic felt they were better with X-God, saw the dollar signs, and said/did whatever necessary to get Era off the team against his will - even shamelessly drumming up community support with their little blognstuff.

:/

Kind of late now but wouldn't the best solution to please both sides be to allow Fnatic have Xcalibur as a sixth man? So if Era is capable of playing he plays and if not Xcalibur could step in

But trying to kick him is just shady

sixghost

Kind of late now but wouldn't the best solution to please both sides be to allow Fnatic have Xcalibur as a sixth man? So if Era is capable of playing he plays and if not Xcalibur could step in

But trying to kick him is just shady

That doesn't really deal with the possibiilty of Fnatic pressuring Era not to play, which judging by those emails, has already happened.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
and maybe you have a one or two hidden in the bottom of your plastic bag of beer when pre-partying, just to have something for change!
it's pretty damn sweet though, doesnt feel like drinking alcohol

it's okay i bought a bottle of Kraken as well so my manhood is intact
Buy Old Gods and play as Svitjod.

Fixed.

Let them wildcard it, CIS is not getting their visas unless they have the bribe money. Let's see good games

No, this behavior should not be encouraged. It seems FNatic, the organization, is afraid Era might choke and kicked him out using his medical history as an excuse.

This is the exact reason Valve has these rules.

So organizations can't just move around players right before the International if they're afraid of weak links in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom