• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

FlvRuYk.png
☒ Not Rekt ☒ Rekt ☒ Tyrannosaurus Rekt ☑ Optimus Prime riding a Dinobot Tyrannosaurus Rekt
tumblr_n0y22xSM1D1sb82xco1_1280.png

Hylian7

I'm trying to figure out Tinker - can any Tinker players give me some pointers on pushing towers? Pushing the lane is easy, farming is usually easy but I always get stuck at towers.

I usually TP into lane, blink into trees, drop a couple marches and get out. Tinker's auto attack is pretty awful so sitting around in lane while trying to take a tower is just asking to get ganked. The creeps do an okay job at pushing the tower but its suuuuuper slow. Is it up to the rest of the team to actually get the job done in terms of taking towers?
Tinker doesn't take towers by raw force. He has other options.

1. Take away map control from the other team.
2. Force rotations to a tower while you and your team take another one/Rosh/smoke gank/whatever.
3. Keep coming back and killing each creep save. You get that farm and towers eating raw creep wave after creep wave will put some damage on it.

One of the best uses of him though is pickoffs. Even if you maxed March first, laser and missile hurt.

Sheepstick > Dagon, always. Remember when you do a permasheep always Soul Ring before each Rearm. This goes for anything but goes double since permasheeping is so fast.

The M.O.B

Hylian7 Solo MMR - 3701

The MOB Solo MMR - 3714

That is with 1/3 the amount of games played.

Took me 1000 games before I found out you could buy blink from side shop, and another 100 or so games to realize you can not choose with stat you put your points into lol

Thank You Feedlian7

Hylian7

Hylian7 Solo MMR - 3701

The MOB Solo MMR - 3714

That is with 1/3 the amount of games played.

Took me 1000 games before I found out you could buy blink from side shop, and another 100 or so games to realize you can not choose with stat you put your points into lol
Let's not forget that Soul Booster goes on Refresher.

Kioshen

Oh man thank goodness Lion is there to pick up the disable slack. I have a high death count because the other team was getting tired of my shenanigans and focused me down hard in the mid game like going past every one of my teamates ignoring the floppy fish on the ground and going straight for me. Other than that I'm proud of that one. I was stuck with a feeding Terrorblade, a non-treant using NP (at least he was somewhat splitpushing ...) and teamates didn't seem to know the concept of t3 top floor advantage always going down forcing me to save their asses. I was amazed how sniper had even worst positioning than me.

It's really weird considering my lack of experience in Dota having to lead my team and babysit the hell out of people.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Today i learned that you can build power treads with either Belt of Strength, Robe of the Magi or Band of Elvenskin. I would be WTF?! when buying Robe of the Magi and getting treads since i was building a drum.

DanSaxon

Oh man thank goodness Lion is there to pick up the disable slack. I have a high death count because the other team was getting tired of my shenanigans and focused me down hard in the mid game like going past every one of my teamates ignoring the floppy fish on the ground and going straight for me. Other than that I'm proud of that one. I was stuck with a feeding Terrorblade, a non-treant using NP (at least he was somewhat splitpushing ...) and teamates didn't seem to know the concept of t3 top floor advantage always going down forcing me to save their asses. I was amazed how sniper had even worst positioning than me.

It's really weird considering my lack of experience in Dota having to lead my team and babysit the hell out of people.

That Prophet build. Cliff jungler ?

Razzer

Today i learned that you can build power treads with either Belt of Strength, Robe of the Magi or Band of Elvenskin. I would be WTF?! when buying Robe of the Magi and getting treads since i was building a drum.

Okay, wtf. This is something I never would have suspected, but makes complete sense now I think about it.

Jex

Had a pretty special game yesterday. Chen refused to leave the Jungle either to attend teamfights or push towers. He was for too busy building his Midas - Refresher - Blink Dragger item combo. He would only use Hand of God when everone on the team was dead, just for extra trolling.

Kioshen

That Prophet build. Cliff jungler ?

Very much so. Still don't understand the radiance pick up. Even more puzzling when he wasn't using treants or very rarely.

Okay, wtf. This is something I never would have suspected, but makes complete sense now I think about it.

Depending on which stat item you start with when you get the threads it starts at either red, green or blue too.

ZeroX03

Banned

People didn't know this? Woah. Guess it's less obvious in DotA2 than DotA1 but damn.

inkls

i got a hots invite, which button do i hit to win at this game?

The uninstall button, the only way to win the game is to not play it.

"it feels like I'm herding a pack of retarded cats" - Siractionslacks

The fun never ends trust me. Lion is a pretty fun support to play, especially when you get blink dagger and aghs.

Kioshen

"it feels like I'm herding a pack of retarded cats" - Siractionslacks

The fun never ends trust me. Lion is a pretty fun support to play, especially when you get blink dagger and aghs.

His shirt is starting to looking pretty interesting actually. I was saving up for a blink during mid game since they were focusing me down so hard but I distracted their team long enough for sniper to come online. I bet it all on him to carry us because I realized early on I couldn't count on terrorblade. I needed mana badly to keep up with all those disables because that line up was made to kill sniper.

Today's daily is the Treasure of the Emerald Polycount.

Sweet my wallet can start to recover a little.

inkls

His shirt is starting to looking pretty interesting actually. I was saving up for a blink during mid game since they were focusing me down so hard but I distracted their team long enough for sniper to come online. I bet it all on him to carry us because I realized early on I couldn't count on terrorblade. I needed mana badly to keep up with all those disables because that line up was made to kill sniper.

Hey, you won, so you did your job, or the other team didn't do theirs. So heh.

aka One of the worst community chests despite having the name of one of the best modeling communities.

This new unreleased chest with a friggin' loading screen + items for heroes with gazillions of items in it is going to take the cake. I don't think I could be less excited for the new chest, so many old heroes with tons of items already, throw in a Clock helmet or a Puck wing or Treant beard or something new, not more NP staffs, Abaddon swords and Axe axes. And a loading screen for 99 cents is ridiculous, those things are worth pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom