• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There it is
5vG6Z79.png

Jesus

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Anyone know if there will be another balance patch before TI4? And if thats the case will they be playing always with the latest patch?

Most likely not a big one. Perhaps a small 6.81b that addresses a few things, though to be quite honest, this patch is pretty untapped. There are no "OMG WTF ICEFRAUD PLZ" pub heroes and competitive heroes alike. Huge pool of viable heroes.

Except batrider I guess, fuck that hero.

BigAT

Anyone know if there will be another balance patch before TI4? And if thats the case will they be playing always with the latest patch?

They always play with the latest patch. I highly doubt there will be another major balance patch between now and then, maybe a minor one with a couple of changes.

Razzer

There could be a patch with a small Mirana nerf just to dissuade her being picked so much. Other than that I don't think it's very necessary.

Wok

I expect a decent bump when the Pudge courier and immortal items come out.

Or a stall if the items are disappointing.

what's with mirana and NP?

They fed intentionally. There were MMR abusers on both teams probably.

They only have boots so they can feed faster. NP has simple boots because he can always tp to the ennemy's fountain (notice how he is level 9 to have to wait less before respawning). 5k trench confirmed.

FACE

Banned
The Stanley Parable announcer is amazing.

What none of the players know is that winning will not confer any true meaning or deeper sense of validation upon them as individuals. Let's observe.

Acinixys

The next time the compendium count updates, we will have unlocked 1v1 Matchmaking, and only have 2 remaining goals left.

A 5 million dollar prize pool, that's nuts.

Riot are gonna have to step it up big time if they dont wanna bleed players

LoL Season Three World Champs only had a $2,050,000 pool

Well now it's time to bring on the rain

Or whatever "Environmental Effects" are. I hope it's weather. Rain would be awesome to randomly happen. If you can turn it off, who cares if it's slightly distracting (even though, if done well, it shouldn't be)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Probably rain and snow, like in the original.

What would be really great is if they allowed us to set a map so I can play on Winter, Summer, New Bloom, etc.

What would be EVEN better is if the map changed in real time, so it starts out in summer and by 30 minutes in, it's changed to winter.
Riot are gonna have to step it up big time if they dont wanna bleed players

LoL Season Three World Champs only had a $2,050,000 pool

Riot's pro players get salaries directly from Riot, on top of any tournaments they win. It's not even close.

FACE

Banned
Probably rain and snow, like in the original.

What would be really great is if they allowed us to set a map so I can play on Winter, Summer, New Bloom, etc.

What would be EVEN better is if the map changed in real time, so it starts out in summer and by 30 minutes in, it's changed to winter.

Riot's pro players get salaries directly from Riot, on top of any tournaments they win. It's not even close.

That'd be amazing, someone should post this on reddit so Valve can implement it.

Setting a map is tricky because there's some Source Engine oddities with loading different maps for different players.

Changing in real time would probably be close to impossible in Source.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think they'd have a big patch right after TI4, they wouldn't want to divert attention away from TI by releasing new heroes, maybe they'd release the mid only mode to show it off at the tournament.

I think we will actually get something once the qualifiers are over. As long as Valve doesn't touch the CM pool or push out 6.82, it really doesn't matter what they add to the game.

I think we will actually get something once the qualifiers are over. As long as Valve doesn't touch the CM pool or push out 6.82, it really doesn't matter what they add to the game.

Adding Legion Commander and Earth Spirit would be fairly safe additions to CM that probably wouldn't upset the entire meta, while still making the qualifiers different than the International. TI2 had heroes added to CM like a month before it.

As long as it's not literally two days before TI it's fine I guess, maybe some small buffs to non-viable heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom