• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I expect a decent bump when the Pudge courier and immortal items come out.
Yeah, with some luck Valve will be able to push those out before the qualifiers even end. The pudge courier is technically already done, and they hopefully started on the Immortal items before selling the compendium. The hud should also be done soon, which will be nice.

Really hope the Coke Collection isn't as exclusive as those Statue Items.

Well now it's time to bring on the rain

Or whatever "Environmental Effects" are. I hope it's weather. Rain would be awesome to randomly happen. If you can turn it off, who cares if it's slightly distracting (even though, if done well, it shouldn't be)

Yeah, I originally thought it mean weather effects like WC3 had and people beg for every now and then, but I really don't know.

Setting a map is tricky because there's some Source Engine oddities with loading different maps for different players.

Changing in real time would probably be close to impossible in Source.

Fuck it, port Dota to Source 2, what could go wrong?

shira

Riot are gonna have to step it up big time if they dont wanna bleed players

LoL Season Three World Champs only had a $2,050,000 pool

Has there been a crossover yet?

Anyone know if there will be another balance patch before TI4? And if thats the case will they be playing always with the latest patch?

Code:
Phoenix enabled in Captain's Mode
Terrorblade enabled in Captain's Mode
Earth Spirit enabled in Captain's Mode
Legion Commander enabled in Captain's Mode
Mirana removed from Captain's Mode

[dusts off hands]

Can't believe Fnatic lost that game there, think that means Fnatic, Power Rangers and Na'vi are all tied in D2CL

They kept throwing bodies at the ancient and it worked.

They could literally do nothing, they'd win the fights but Dreamteam just kept coming back

Yeah, with some luck Valve will be able to push those out before the qualifiers even end. The pudge courier is technically already done, and they hopefully started on the Immortal items before selling the compendium. The hud should also be done soon, which will be nice.

I really doubt they use that old Pudge courier from 2 years ago just with a cleaned up texture. It's so old and out of style with current Pudge, it's probably easier to just start from scratch.

Lotto

I really thought the Compendium prize pool was gonna slow down a lot more than it did. I'm super impressed it's reached 5 million already. Well done Dota 2 community.

Really excited to see new environmental effects (which I have no doubt we'll reach now). Base customization is whatever to me. I like how the base looks already, could be useful for custom maps though (extra props/buildings to work with!)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, there is a good change we hit 8 Million Unique players this month, which will be cool.

Also, base customization better be more then that "never worked so lets stop talking about it" feature where you would display team punnets in base.

Oh, something nice, Player Cards say they are going to drop while watching tournament games, which is nice.

Also, I also think the Prize pool will spike up when they add more of the immortal items, since you will get people buying points to get more boxes.

Chris R

That Earthshaker poster better become a real thing.

Also, I just realized a fatal flaw in my plans for TI4... How the fuck am I going to get all of my shit I buy at the event home :(

shira

Also, there is a good change we hit 8 Million Unique players this month, which will be cool.

Also, base customization better be more then that "never worked so lets stop talking about it" feature where you would display team punnets in base.
3593565_700b.jpg

I better get my Obama Barrack's

manfestival

I gotta give props to valve with these tournament ticket deals. They are easy and fair ways to fund tournaments through prizes and even generally speaking in a crowd funding esque manner(but not quite).

Acinixys

Ancient = Broccoli
Towers = Carrots
Small building = Mushrooms
Rax = Eggplant

Im a Chef and i approve this message

Kioshen

Also, I just realized a fatal flaw in my plans for TI4... How the fuck am I going to get all of my shit I buy at the event home :(

1. Bring empty boxes
2. Pack stuff into said boxes
3. Bring full boxes to USPS
4. Ship dat booty to home
5 . ????????
6. Profit !

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Bring suitcase

Pretend it's cosplay

bVmWF8D.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Might be going to TI4 with a bud and my girlfriend, if she's interested. Never been to an e-Sports event, so I'm pretty excited!

But it's still a maybe.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mason making a team with 1.09 called No ESports.

Or, Leaderboard Mercenaries.

This feels like a weird TI2/TI3 mismash meta. TI2 heroes like Kotl, Morph and Lycan in the meta next to TI3 heroes like Bat Rider and Io.

I wonder what heroes will define TI4.

Ultimatum

Banned
Call me when esport is handing out 100 million dollars. Otherwise, I dont care

yeah in the grand scheme of things this still isn't that big, however people are excited about the growth more than anything (which exceeds anything else out there) and also that esports are finally able to monetise that potential which we all know is absolutely massive.

Hitting a global silence during void's initiation, so he ends up in the middle of your team and can't chronosphere, is so so delicious.

EDIT: hate to be one of those stream spammers but jess is looking really good today. A S S T R A P P E D U N D E R D R E S S indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom