• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

QgldTUe.png

So much epicness compressed into one screenshot
:KneelingBow:

moggio

Banned
So if I link my Steam and Twitch is there any benefits to afk watching the qualifiers today? Prizes and such

According to Matt via Twitter this hasn't yet been set up for the Qualifiers, so watch via the client if you want the chance of getting a drop.

spk

Yeah I guess, but that's not a huge deal unless you're going to be like EYE CANDY GRILLS, which, well...

Yeah I guess, but that's not a huge deal unless you're going to be like EYE CANDY GRILLS, which, well...
Mine was just a casual statement not an answer to your question. I like the EU hub over NA because I like their personalities more even though I really like the Bts guys.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I have now subjugated some poor webhost with my backpack data mining script. Before I set it to collect data until the end of time while I make some really crummy website, is there anything people can think of to keep track of?

Right Now, I'm logging the following values:
Item Type
Item Origin ID (Every item has a unique one)
Owner
Item Quality
If its equipped

Another table also keeps track of the amount of items each user has.

Things I can't keep track of (Or don't know how to)
If anyone has insight on how to interpret these from the API, let me know
:
Anything specific on gems or strange items. I can see they exist, but what they keep track of and their values, not a clue.

I could technically keep track of things like how many uses hammers have, but it seems like a waste of effort.

Now I just need to add a second source of data collection, tune the frequency of the cron jobs (At home it took about 15 minutes, but the server seems to rip though it in like 3), then create a method for generating a table with item info (The schema from the API is junk, it doesn't give slot info! Going to have to also scan the items files from the game it self), and then make a actual site to present info in a useful way.

Now behold the fruit of a weeks worth of work, some counters (They update, I swear!):
http://199.168.190.18/~dotahats/DatabaseStats.php

FACE

Banned
No, each steal has a separate timer. that's the issue.

edit: Trying to make a linear equation, but since each shift reduces the attack time by 0.02 seconds approx. it messes with the equation.

And essence shift has a small cooldown, which would affect how much agi he'd steal once his BAT is low enough.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Watch SNA or Revenge, what to do...

I find it odd BTS1 doesn't have an account linked, since it looks like the main NA stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom