• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

guys

guys

i found freakinchair's youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2PwriqOjc&feature=youtu.be&t=2m20s

iTQ74H132e4N2.gif

inkls

Played doom for as part of my ten heroes..
Man.. he look so bulky and menacing. But he's squishy as hell. If it wasnt for the rest of the team doing better.. we would have lost. Hes nuke is deplorable. Do people really endure this just for the ult?

ಠ_ಠ

How did you build him?

FACE

Banned
Played doom for as part of my ten heroes..
Man.. he look so bulky and menacing. But he's squishy as hell. If it wasnt for the rest of the team doing better.. we would have lost. Hes nuke is deplorable. Do people really endure this just for the ult?

qaohI6a.png

I'm a new player and I've recently been looking into stacking and pulling creeps. I learned why to stack/pull creeps and at what specific times to do so, but no guide told me how often I should do it. As a support, should I dedicate most of my time to stacking/pulling? Or only when it's absolutely necessary? When is it more trouble (i.e. time spent outside my lane) than it's worth?

I can imagine three different 'behaviors', but I've got no idea which is the right one. Maybe they're all viable, or maybe they're all wrong. So, can I ask you people for some input on how to approach stacking/pulling? Which of these is best, if any?

-Stack the small camp once, pull our xx:15 creepwave, stay with the creepfight to ensure I get lasthits and all our creeps die, rinse and repeat. Only break this cycle if there is a high-priority situation in your lane (a fight broke out, your lane partner is pushing the tower, your mid announced he's coming to gank, etc.). This can be done on a 2 minute cycle, and means that you're away from your lane pretty much 75% of the time.

-Stack the small camp every single minute, and only pull a creepwave if the 'creep meeting point' is too far away from the tower for our carry to lane safely. If there's a high stack but no pulls are needed, inform your lane partner he can kill them for a quick burst of xp/gold. This means I am away from my lane about 50% of the time.

-Only stack the small camp whenever a pull is necessary (or whenever I happen to be close at the right time) because the 'creep meeting point' is too far away from the tower for our carry to lane safely. This means I can stay in my lane most of the time.

So, what should I do? Thanks in advance!

Hupsel

Whaaa? Vengeful Spirit is hotter than Luna? But shes a freakin zombie/ghost. Unless its the part in the Visual Novel where she was known as Shendelzare and was a beautiful and proud angel, until she got betrayed by her own sister and murdered... so she left her birthplace and never got to marry Dragonus, her true love, also known as the Skywrath mage ;_;
sorry for dem spoilers

inkls

I'm a new player and I've recently been looking into stacking and pulling creeps. I learned why to stack/pull creeps and at what specific times to do so, but no guide told me how often I should do it. As a support, should I dedicate most of my time to stacking/pulling? Or only when it's absolutely necessary? When is it more trouble (i.e. time spent outside my lane) than it's worth?

When the support (you) and the carry cannot get a kill on the offlaner (or the duo/tri lane) against you and the lane opponent(s) cannot zone or kill your carry. you should focus on pulling if you're not roaming to gank so you and your carry get the most xp out of it.

When the support (you) and the carry cannot get a kill on the offlaner (or the duo/tri lane) against you and the lane opponent(s) cannot zone or kill your carry. you should focus on pulling if you're not roaming to gank so you and your carry get the most xp out of it.

I see, thanks. By 'zone', do you mean harrassing my carry so he can't get last hits?

H3xum

So if I link my Steam and Twitch is there any benefits to afk watching the qualifiers today? Prizes and such

BraXzy

LTTP but awesome OP. Maybe have a link somewhere to something helpful hidden away for those just joining though xD

If we miss matches live, does watching them afterwards still count towards the compendium shizzle? And what is the best way to track when stuff is going on? I'm lost when it comes to times.

inkls

I see, thanks. By 'zone', do you mean harrassing my carry so he can't get last hits?

Yes. Had too many times were my support was pulling while I was a melee carry against a harass heavy lane resulted in me getting no last hits. Pulling may be useful in that situation though because you can drag back the lane under the tower to reduce the chance of your carry dying.

It boils down to communication, if you are pulling, make sure your carry knows this and make sure he'll be fine if you do.

BraXzy

I've got through 5 of my 10 compendium heroes so far, I don't think I'll need to re-roll except maybe on Lone Druid and Shadow Fiend because I suck at both of them. Most of mine were heroes I liked or did alright with which is good. I guarantee a re-roll will get me Meepo and Invoker though.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I wonder if the community hits 6 million Valve will be forced to add more goals

It probably will slow down significantly after 4 million though

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Last year they added stretch goals in the middle, before they even ran out of initial ones.

Of course they had an awful lot less goals last year, and this one seems more planned out. I don't really expect new goals unless:

1) We somehow pass 6million.
2) They do plan some sort of hero thing and intentionally held that back

Calidor

LTTP but awesome OP. Maybe have a link somewhere to something helpful hidden away for those just joining though xD

If we miss matches live, does watching them afterwards still count towards the compendium shizzle? And what is the best way to track when stuff is going on? I'm lost when it comes to times.

I'm pretty sure it does. Also you don't even need to watch the whole game, highlights should be enough

KingKong

Its crazy how fast the prize pool keeps growing, I thought it would slow down after the initial rush but it's already almost half way to the courier after getting emotes unlocked last night

bbd23

Its crazy how fast the prize pool keeps growing, I thought it would slow down after the initial rush but it's already almost half way to the courier after getting emotes unlocked last night

people love buying them points for their compendium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom