• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

As of now with twitch and dotatv we have around 160k viewers for NA dota!

I hope we get to bask in the glory of Jigglebilly.

spk

hdlofp2x4yko.png

lol :<

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wonderful start, they left the overlay on for SNA's game.

edit: Fuck this shit, I'm watching Revenge's game.

AND NOW THEIR GAME IS PAUSED ;-;

bbd23

so apparently one of eHug's players failed to show up. :\

good lord....the reddit thread asking for strategies wasn't enough of an embarrassment I guess

Did anyone else notice Dubai is a clickable server box as of now? Still reads "Offline for Maintainence," but iiiiiinteresting.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I'm a new player and I've recently been looking into stacking and pulling creeps. I learned why to stack/pull creeps and at what specific times to do so, but no guide told me how often I should do it. As a support, should I dedicate most of my time to stacking/pulling? Or only when it's absolutely necessary? When is it more trouble (i.e. time spent outside my lane) than it's worth?

I can imagine three different 'behaviors', but I've got no idea which is the right one. Maybe they're all viable, or maybe they're all wrong. So, can I ask you people for some input on how to approach stacking/pulling? Which of these is best, if any?

-Stack the small camp once, pull our xx:15 creepwave, stay with the creepfight to ensure I get lasthits and all our creeps die, rinse and repeat. Only break this cycle if there is a high-priority situation in your lane (a fight broke out, your lane partner is pushing the tower, your mid announced he's coming to gank, etc.). This can be done on a 2 minute cycle, and means that you're away from your lane pretty much 75% of the time.

-Stack the small camp every single minute, and only pull a creepwave if the 'creep meeting point' is too far away from the tower for our carry to lane safely. If there's a high stack but no pulls are needed, inform your lane partner he can kill them for a quick burst of xp/gold. This means I am away from my lane about 50% of the time.

-Only stack the small camp whenever a pull is necessary (or whenever I happen to be close at the right time) because the 'creep meeting point' is too far away from the tower for our carry to lane safely. This means I can stay in my lane most of the time.

So, what should I do? Thanks in advance!

its about creep equilibrium. If your lane is pushing out, and you have zoned out the enemy, you creep pull.

You wanna be able to double/back pull when you are unable to stack effectively or for more jungle gold. Radiant is much easier than dire. I had to do a bunch of bot games to get the timing right with different neutrals and creep aggro.
zoning out the enemy from your jungle is pretty important. dont leave your carry unless its safe, and warn them before you pull so they can get back in time.

All the scenarios you listed are correct depending on the situation. like if you are offensive tri or if you have a pretty passive enemy offlaner 1 is good.

Here is a really good video I was in as I was getting coached on the #5 in a tri vs tri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ30wD4Mnm4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom