• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

I don't believe that the majority of criticism is leveled at Zephyr just because they're successful in a scene with the lowest skill threshold or have Purge on the team.

Dude, that's exactly why they are criticized.

They're a group of american's who went to korea because it's easier there. People don't like purge because they don't think he's good enough at the game to deserve to be popular or earn a living off it. They don't like Zephyr for the same reasons.

But most of those people would probably do the same thing if they could get the same results, but they can't so they talk smack instead. They're just jelly haters.

dyFzkFK.png

literally the man who taught sixghost

dmshaposv

But most of those people would probably do the same thing if they could get the same results, but they can't so they talk smack instead. They're just jelly haters.

Thats exactly why they hate zephyr and purge.

Most of these 4k/5k pub stars may definitely be better than purge in skill and game sense, but they dont have the patience to actually coach newbies, upload weekly video tutorials and be part of a pro team at the same time. They are just jelly purge can do that full time and make money off that and they cant.

people hate zephyr because they have bad* players making more money and being more successful than good* players and people who have invested a lot more into the game than them

*supposedly

in short, it's spite and jelly

"bububu purge so bad wy people pay for his coaching i'm so much better plays"
"why zephyr get so much moni i better player then blitzdota scumbag thieves of korea community"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Regardless of what all the haters think of Purge, and regardless of his skill level compared to all the pub superstars around here, he helped a lot of people learn the basics of Dota. I still see his guide recommended to every new player to the game and when I was learning new heroes doing a youtube search for "purge plays [hero x]" helped me immensely. He's personable and more importantly he's out there doing it while you guys are rotting in your nerdcaves. So what if he's not 6k MMR? You don't have to be Neil deGrasse Tyson to teach an astronomy course.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Thats exactly why they hate zephyr and purge.

Most of these 4k/5k pub stars may definitely be better than purge in skill and game sense, but they dont have the patience to actually coach newbies, upload weekly video tutorials and be part of a pro team at the same time. They are just jelly purge can do that full time and make money off that and they cant.

pretty sure anyone and their grandmother can be "patient" for you for $50 an hour

$50 an hour might just get 109 to stop yelling at gaf noobs

dmshaposv

Regardless of what all the haters think of Purge, and regardless of his skill level compared to all the pub superstars around here, he helped a lot of people learn the basics of Dota. I still see his guide recommended to every new player to the game and when I was learning new heroes doing a youtube search for "purge plays [hero x]" helped me immensely. He's personable and more importantly he's out there doing it while you guys are rotting in your nerdcaves. So what if he's not 6k MMR? You don't have to be Neil deGrasse Tyson to teach an astronomy course.

I learned many heroes through his videos. What makes his videos personable and interesting is him making mistakes or pointing out he is just as likely to bad plays which people call him out in his youtube vid comments. Much more informative than watching a dendi video where he is triple rampaging in a pub as a storm spirit that teaches me nothing as a newbie.

Guys

What if PA recives the same buff Brew did

If she doesn't attack for 10s she gets a guaranteed crit/dodge?

I think her ult does need a buff though. Her ultimate ability is a crit and it's only 15% chance? Sure it does massive damage but was it ever 20%? I don't think that'd be OP.

Razzer

Guys

What if PA recives the same buff Brew did

If she doesn't attack for 10s she gets a guaranteed crit/dodge?

Ehhhhh. It would be a buff but I don't know if I would find it as fun. Just seems against the spirit of the hero, she is very based around chance like Chaos Knight. I'm reluctant.

inkls

people hate zephyr because they have bad* players making more money and being more successful than good* players and people who have invested a lot more into the game than them

*supposedly

in short, it's spite and jelly

"bububu purge so bad wy people pay for his coaching i'm so much better plays"
"why zephyr get so much moni i better player then blitzdota scumbag thieves of korea community"

Someone writes a well though out post explaining its not just spite and jealousy.

Respond with "it's spite and jealousy"

Were you the captain of your high school's debating team?

BeesEight

Dude, that's exactly why they are criticized.

They're a group of american's who went to korea because it's easier there. People don't like purge because they don't think he's good enough at the game to deserve to be popular or earn a living off it. They don't like Zephyr for the same reasons.

Ok, let's take it one step further. If Zephyr was as good as EG or Empire, would people still be complaining about them playing in Korea? Alternatively, if DK decided they were going to abandon the Chinese scene and played predominantly in American tournaments, would there be so much hate over that?

I still think, ultimately, people don't like them because they're not very good. The rest is just jealous/angry/indignant stuff.

Someone writes a well though out post explaining its not just spite and jealousy.

Respond with "it's spite and jealousy"

Were you the captain of your high school's debating team?

i can write a long post about evolution being a big lie and creationism being the one true answer to how life started on earth. still, no amount of denial will change reality

you're free to believe whatever you want however!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
yes

Zephyr has been together for a little more than 4 months as an amateur team.

Most of those other teams are professional, sponsored teams who have been playing together for longer than 4 months

"nnnooooooo"

And yeah, all this hate for a team with the small amount of experience that Zephyr has.
3-6 is verrrrrry respectable in my opinion for Zephyr in the qualifiers for the biggest tournament in the world.

Aselith

That's great and all but what does that have to do with his professional dota play?

Finalow

y why you guys hating on Zephyr, they've won so many tournaments and got so many money. hell I bet Purge alone could buy NaVi and force himself in the team.

the fact that they won some random korean tournament 3k pub NA games mmr level tier and then got stomped at SEA qualifiers without getting more than 3 kills per game doesn't mean that they're garbage you know!

stop being jelly please.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
"nnnooooooo"

And yeah, all this hate for a team with the small amount of experience that Zephyr has.
3-6 is verrrrrry respectable in my opinion for Zephyr in the qualifiers for the biggest tournament in the world.

It's not hate to say the truth. They suck as a competitive team, that's just it. They most likely will never be a tier 1 team, ever. Shit, they're losing to tier 2 malaysian teams. Truth hurts sometime.

Are you jealous of the Lakers when you say they sucked dick this season? No, they just sucked dick this season. I can say milkman is the worst meepo player on neogaf without hating him, just the facts man.

I don't hate Purge or Blitz. I just don't think either of them should be professional dota 2 players or are fit to sell lessons in the same way I don't think my neighbor is fit to be an NBA player or sell me dunking lessons. Maybe he can go pro in Kazakhstan or something though, idk.

Smithy C

Having to play carry Witch Doctor because the team is made of a Weaver who didn't start teamfighting until the 40 minute mark (and even then did barely anything), a Huskar incapable of ganking and a Rubrick who wouldn't initiate with blink, scythe and lift is infuriating, especially when you lose after 60 minutes. We just needed one initiate any of these guys and I could plonk my Aghs ult down and ruin all the other team, but they were just too scared. Seething with hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom