• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

Have you guys been setting up your Fantasy League?

Looking for 5 NA based players to round out a league I've got going with a few friends! PM or message me on steam!

shira

Let's do this MVP
tumblr_lfxzdfjSm41qg4s5uo1_500.gif

Korea fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeesEight

Zephyr has been together for a little more than 4 months as an amateur team.

Most of those other teams are professional, sponsored teams who have been playing together for longer than 4 months

Huh, you're right. I thought they formed in 2013. Maybe that's when they first started talking about it and why I thought it was longer.

Well, hopefully they're taking a lot away from this experience.

cats are disgusting creatures

They really are but their babies are so cute!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Really? See we definitely need a bar graph.

Whose #1 you think? axe?

Here, I did a query, I guess Pudge is up there at #8. He did get 4 sets released in a short time span. What surprises me is that Drow has the 2nd most items, because almost all of them suck.
mosthats.jpg

shira

Here, I did a query, I guess Pudge is up there at #8. He did get 4 sets released in a short time span. What surprises me is that Drow has the 2nd most items, because almost all of them suck.
[ig]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3496710/Dotapics/mosthats.jpg[/img]

They don't suck, the hair/heads suck.

The Korean windraven set and the boreal watch address it by covering her face or adding a helmet, but I really wish shampoo hair gurus like anuxi or yi could make a legit drow

Razzer

I've always found it odd how Sweden is so big on Dota compared to any other western European country. So many more of the best players and pubstars are from there than other countries. Is there any particular reason or is it just coincidence?

shira

Maybe next year

I've always found it odd how Sweden is so big on Dota compared to any other western European country. So many more of the best players and pubstars are from there than other countries. Is there any particular reason or is it just coincidence?

Dreamhack

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
its cold outside

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
MVP ain't winning anything, if you catch my drift.

This was going to be my answer as well.

Whether it was there before or not, Dreamhack most likely fuels a lot of popularity in eSports in Sweden.

You have it backwards. Dreamhack started in Sweden because competitive/LAN gaming was so popular there. It has been that way for like 10+ years. Sweden dominated the scene in games like Counter-Strike and Quake as well. It's best to compare it to somewhere like Korea. They have a massive amount of top players because they have a thriving LAN culture that allows people to play in the proximity and against people better than them consistantly, and to talk about the game in person.

I'm sure as has been pointed out, gaming is probably huge in Sweden because it's so god damn cold outside.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That's why I phrased it the way I did.

And it's god damn cold in MN, but gaming is non-existent here. Different cultures.

MVP ain't winning anything, if you catch my drift.

Looks like you may be right.

shira

You have it backwards. Dreamhack started in Sweden because competitive/LAN gaming was so popular there. It has been that way for like 10+ years. Sweden dominated the scene in games like Counter-Strike and Quake as well. It's best to compare it to somewhere like Korea. They have a massive amount of top players because they have a thriving LAN culture that allows people to play in the proximity and against people better than them consistantly, and to talk about the game in person.

I'm sure as has been pointed out, gaming is probably huge in Sweden because it's so god damn cold outside.
Alaskan and Yukon Dota best dota?

I guess they disabled lifestealer in CM.
49957578.jpg

Haven't seen him in 10 years

Razzer

Why are so many Tinkers going bloodstone so early, jesus.

Edit: Also, Arrow have been awful to let MVP back into this. They just needed to build items that allowed them to be aggressive and take all towers and they go bloodstone, linkens bkb and shit, what the hell.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do people just not know how to play against Blink LC or something?

What is this "map awareness" of which you speak?

Anyway don't let people in on the secret. It's the only thing keeping LC viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom