• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

i can write a long post about evolution being a big lie and creationism being the one true answer to how life started on earth. still, no amount of denial will change reality

you're free to believe whatever you want however!

Except your amazing counter argument seemed to lack some backing to it? How do you know people are jealous? based on polling yourself?

Based on what are you able to discard other people's opinion to insert what you think is "reality"?

"Gosh, I guess people hating on Hitler were just jelly and if you say the opposite you just cant handle reality."

This statement has as much backing as your previous one. So please, do explain yourself captain.

styl3s

If i wanted to get into Dota 2 but had no one to play with #foreveralone where would i go about maybe finding someone or a group to play with? Someone who would welcome a noob with open arms? I am not fully uninformed, i played LoL for awhile and understand the concept of top/middle(jungling)/bottom and i understand at a very basic level what roles are.

It's not hate to say the truth. They suck as a competitive team, that's just it. They most likely will never be a tier 1 team, ever. Shit, they're losing to tier 2 malaysian teams. Truth hurts sometime.

Are you jealous of the Lakers when you say they sucked dick this season? No, they just sucked dick this season. I can say milkman is the worst meepo player on neogaf without hating him, just the facts man.

I don't hate Purge or Blitz. I just don't think either of them should be professional dota 2 players or are fit to sell lessons in the same way I don't think my neighbor is fit to be an NBA player or sell me dunking lessons. Maybe he can go pro in Kazakhstan or something though, idk.

How can you say they shouldn't be professional players when they have won professional tournaments and make money playing professional dota? That's pretty much the definition of professional.

Ketch

Ok, let's take it one step further. If Zephyr was as good as EG or Empire, would people still be complaining about them playing in Korea? Alternatively, if DK decided they were going to abandon the Chinese scene and played predominantly in American tournaments, would there be so much hate over that?

If you want to talk hypotheticals, what if it wasn't Zephyr but our local in-house GAF pros like 1.09 and milk kicking ass in korea (I love you guys I swear to God)? Do you think there would be people in here actively rooting against them? Or don't you think people would be cheering them on even though they know they don't really stand a chance?

It's not hate to say the truth.

Can't believe he actually charges $50-$60 for coaching, what a fucking joke. I seriously hope no one buys that shit, but for the few who do--I have a bridge to sell.

Purge confirmed for hooker

I'd pay $50 to purge so I can trash talk him on his stream

lol Zephyr. Im still baffled how this team got so many fans. Atleast we wont be seeing them when TI4 hits.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't know why you guys are hating on Purge's coaching lessons after it has brought much hilarity to us.

shira

He does, he normally lives here.

Does Sing speak Dutch?

How come Sheever has no such accenterino?

Can't believe he actually charges $50-$60 for coaching, what a fucking joke.

I seriously hope no one buys that shit, but for the few who do--I have a bridge to sell.

Most of that is getting stream-famous and being taught by the guy that does the how-to youtubes.

You could pay like $300 and get flamed by iceiceice?
Synderen still only charges $30, http://synderendota.com/#tab-coaching

How come Sheever has no such accenterino?

She does, it's pretty hard to hear if you're not Dutch, her English is very good compared to most Dutchies.

Also I don't think it counts as hate to say that charging 50 fucking dollars per hour for coaching is ridiculous. Only a few top tier players could charge that and justify it.

So i have a question about the treasure system

if a treasure has 10 items in it, and 2 rare items

and I buy 6 of them..

since you dont get duplicates anymore, am I guaranteed the rare items in the 6th pack? or once I get all 10 it just randomly gives me 2 of the set with a chance for the rare items?

Bad7667

and I buy 6 of them..

since you dont get duplicates anymore, am I guaranteed the rare items in the 6th pack? or once I get all 10 it just randomly gives me 2 of the set with a chance for the rare items?
You still get duplicates if you have all the items in a chest already.

shira

Yo Bounch, make kitty armors for your lifestealer set
bounchfx said:
qZxBYvP.jpg
Bn39UO4IQAAffXm.jpg
I wanna practice jungling with my cat.

and I buy 6 of them..

If you wants item, just buy it in the market unless of course you are RNGGesus

Yondy604

Banned
Hey guys!, I have a BUNCH of questions.

1 - how does dota 2 compendium work exactly?.

I just bought the compendium thing ($9.99), and I have no clue what to do now.

I heard you can vote for games or something?, can get rewards?, how do you level it up?, what is it exactly lol.

2 - What do I do now since I have this?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

I heard you can vote for games or something?, can get rewards?, how do you level it up?, what is it exactly lol.

Click your dota profile and the purple book, read and fill things out.

Go into your armory and activate it. Then you can play with it on your dota profile.

You can make predictions on what will happen on the qualifiers, vote on who to be in the all star match, who you want to have an arcana, read about the teams and players stuff like that.

I didn't even know that Synd offers coaching. I wonder how well known he is in DOTA 2 to the general community compared to Purge. Yes, he's a pro and all but I'm willing to bet that for the majority of us that started with DOTA2, Purge is probably more popular (not better- more popular)..

ksan

She has a horrible dutch-english accent. But I guess only dutch people can tell.

Fnatic vs Cloud 9 Worms Revolution games now are pretty fun now.

>2014
>giving a shit about someone's accent when they actually speaking english well
>only in oirope

sixghost

I didn't even know that Synd offers coaching. I wonder how well known he is in DOTA 2 to the general community compared to Purge. Yes, he's a pro and all but I'm willing to bet that for the majority of us that started with DOTA2, Purge is probably more popular (not better- more popular)..

Purge is like the dota version of combat-ex. He was the first guy to put out a ton of starcraft 1 tutorials on youtube, and they were actually really helpful for new players. Eventually I learned that he wasn't actually that good of a player. Purge doesn't seem like as much of a douche though.

Purge is like the dota version of combat-ex. He was the first guy to put out a ton of starcraft 1 tutorials on youtube, and they were actually really helpful for new players. Eventually I learned that he wasn't actually that good of a player. Purge doesn't seem like as much of a douche though.

Purge even in his videos admits to this (in his earliest videos he even said that he might be able to play Lich for a pro team but even that would be a stretch). If he wants to go to Korea and make money in that scene, I fail to see why that should be contemptible in the first place.

Need a bar graph with number of items for each hero.

Pudge ====================================
Everybody else ===

I have items from like 9 different Axe sets that beg to differ.

Purge even in his videos admits to this (in his earliest videos he even said that he might be able to play Lich for a pro team but even that would be a stretch). If he wants to go to Korea and make money in that scene, I fail to see why that should be contemptible in the first place.

Because it's the cool thing to do. Most of these people probably enjoyed Purge's videos 2 years ago, but since he went from pumping out little tutorial videos to making a living off playing competitively all of a sudden he's a scumbag. The way I see it, the Korean DotA scene needed exposure and Purge probably got paid handsomly to be a part of a team over there since he is so well known. Even with the guy playing competitively he still seems pretty humble, especially compared to people like Singsing and EE.

What do you guys think about getting soul ring on Warlock? It's not in the default build or any guides I can find, but it sounds pretty good on paper. Combined with shadow word, you get 15/125/235/345 hp and 60/40/20/0 mana every 30 seconds, plus 3 hp and +50% mana regen per second. This would give you great hp regen, decent mana regen, and emergency mana to cast your expensive spells. It would allow you to keep your lane partner sustained with shadow word, or save him from a gank with shadow word or upheaval. All in all, it seems soul ring provides great value to a hero with a big heal and large mana costs like Warlock.

cats are disgusting creatures

fight me irl

sephi22

I find the diversity of NP's treant slot to be staggering. Probably my favorite loadout slot in the game, every item in it is so nice and interesting and different from each other.

I like the ugly vs artsy dichotomy

UGLY/In Pain:
Shroomy
Shroom thing
Dendochron
Evergreen stalker

Artsy/Jolly:
Nelum
Bonsaiko
Flowering
Horde

Kioshen

If i wanted to get into Dota 2 but had no one to play with #foreveralone where would i go about maybe finding someone or a group to play with? Someone who would welcome a noob with open arms? I am not fully uninformed, i played LoL for awhile and understand the concept of top/middle(jungling)/bottom and i understand at a very basic level what roles are.

People here are pretty friendly. You can add me if you want (Steam ID is the same here). I'm just starting out myself so I don't think I could help you directly but we could play some matches together for sure.

Here's some useful resources and if you really want to group up there's always over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom