• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

Arrow made tons and tons of mistakes in game 2. I actually felt less faith in them after that game, even though they won.

They did, but they were still able to come back from it when things started looking rough for them. I don't think I've ever seen someone use the Bloodstone active as much as ddz did that game either lol. Either way, it was entertaining.

Why did no one complain when Arrow clowned around (courier feeding, mass sentries) in their match against Scythe but everybody was quick to flame when Liquid did it?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why did no one complain when Arrow clowned around (courier feeding, mass sentries) in their match against Scythe but everybody was quick to flame when Liquid did it?
Well, the outcome of the game between Arrow and Scyth didn't matter at all, where the Liquid game did effect the other players outcomes.

Looking at my database, the Legion Commander Arcana is the most owned of the three. Also, the majority are in fact store bought, at least 2/3rds of the sample is Exalted Quality.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is why these guys are C and D tier teams.

Satch

Banned
lpSRM.gif
lpSRM.gif
KDq7dDx.png
lpSRM.gif
lpSRM.gif

I'm trying to think of additional stretch goals beyond $6,000,000 (since certain heroes/custom maps are very unlikely since we know about Valve working on those already) and I'm drawing a blank.

$7,000,000 for more hats is pretty unlikely.

Haly

Test AP queue where you can play heroes still in alpha in matchmaking.

$10 mil tier.

Ketch

I only have 3 more heroes to go. qop, ursa, and invoker. QoP and Invoker I'm worried the most about. I normally don't mid.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm trying to think of additional stretch goals beyond $6,000,000 (since certain heroes/custom maps are very unlikely since we know about Valve working on those already) and I'm drawing a blank.

$7,000,000 for more hats is pretty unlikely.

6.5 Million: Vote for next announcer
7 Million: More items! Valve gives people more stuff, like Wards.
7.5 Million: We bring back Diretide (Minus the items) as a normal match making option.
8 Million: CREEP CUSTOMIZATION! Now give your Creep hats!

I only have 3 more heroes to go. qop, ursa, and invoker. QoP and Invoker I'm worried the most about. I normally don't mid.

You can have them at the sidelanes. There will always be that one Pudge that will take your mid anyway. :p

I'm finished with my 10 heroes challenge too (thanks to me randoming eveytime and playing all heroes, although the hero pool I got were relatively easy). The heroes I have problem the most were using Skywrath Mage and Bounty Hunter.

For Skywrath Mage, I won by not being the 5 position. The first losses I have were the ones where I have to buy all the support items and ended up with no nuke damage/items and me basically missing my ults.

For Bounty Hunter, I think the key is just spamming your Track during teamfights and not to roam too much when ganks fail. On my losing games, I tried to gank everytime but falls behind in levels and gold because I also get killed everytime even if I killed my target.

6.5 Million: Vote for next announcer
7 Million: More items! Valve gives people more stuff, like Wards.
7.5 Million: We bring back Diretide (Minus the items) as a normal match making option.
8 Million: CREEP CUSTOMIZATION! Now give your Creep hats!

6.5 Million: choice of Mini Mirana/Mini Invoker/Mini Sniper courier
7 Million: Customize the river with hats
7.5 Million: Vote for an uninvited team to participate in TI4 finals, the voted team has 1 game advantage
8 Million: Second Roshan at Raidant side to negate Dire Advantage

iamblades

So, Arrow is clearly the best in this Qualifier, but who is second, Mith or MVP. I would be pretty happy with ether team, but I would love to see MVP make it.

Really nice to see Tide making a come back.

Also looks like we may be getting another set with custom icons, that Sven set Ned thinks is getting in has some custom icons added for it:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=260803984&searchtext=

Judging by this game, MVP by a long way.

Mineski played this game out the worst possible way and Mith is still deep in the struggle. If Mineski would've just safe laned the Luna, this game would be over by now.

Haly

Keep in mind Bruno is not actually a pro DOTA player.

Acinixys

So, Arrow is clearly the best in this Qualifier, but who is second, Mith or MVP. I would be pretty happy with ether team, but I would love to see MVP make it.

Really nice to see Tide making a come back.

Also looks like we may be getting another set with custom icons, that Sven set Ned thinks is getting in has some custom icons added for it:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=260803984&searchtext=

Although Sven sets are lame as shit those custom icons are 200% better than the default ones

iamblades

Neither of these teams deserve to make it to TI, hope MVP and arrow make it.

These have been the sloppiest shittiest pro games I've seen in a long time.

Lotto

Neither of these teams deserve to make it to TI, hope MVP and arrow make it.

These have been the sloppiest shittiest pro games I've seen in a long time.

The team that wins the qualifiers deserves to make it to TI. If either of these teams beat out MVP or Arrow do they not deserve it? Scythe was considered the best coming into these qualifiers and they've been massively disappointing, not even being in the top 5 of these qualifiers. Sure these games are sloppy but they've been way more entertaining than the NA qualifiers for me. Wonky lanes, wonky item builds, wonky drafts, and personally just something fresh for me since I never really get to watch SEA Dota. At least these guys are qualifying into TI4 rather than being directly invited (I'm looking at you MUFC last year.)

The team that wins the qualifiers deserves to make it to TI. If either of these teams beat out MVP or Arrow do they not deserve it? Scythe was considered the best coming into these qualifiers and they've been massively disappointing, not even being in the top 5 of these qualifiers. Sure these games are sloppy but they've been way more entertaining than the NA qualifiers for me. Wonky lanes, wonky item builds, wonky drafts, and personally just something fresh for me since I never really get to watch SEA Dota. At least these guys are qualifying into TI4 rather than being directly invited (I'm looking at you MUFC last year.)

To be fair at the time the invites went out last year MUFC did deserve one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom