• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

lpSRM.gif
lpSRM.gif
KDq7dDx.png
lpSRM.gif
lpSRM.gif

I have pudge inovoker and morph left :(

Acinixys

Nothing worse than running into a tryhard 5 stack/clan in unranked AP

Made worse by the fact that their trilane PL wasnt ganked once despite my pleas so he had 10 min diffusal and 22 min heart

Really wish solo players in ranked AND unranked never got matched with or vs 4/5 stacks

Really ruins the game. Volvo pls fix

What the hell was that GG by PR!? That's the most premature GG I've ever seen.

PR are already 25 minutes late for a game against Fnatic so maybe they want this over as quick as possible

EDIT: Game one given to Fnatic if PR don't show up in 30 minutes they're knocked out of the Summit qualifiers

Morzak

I'm getting a bit frustrated, I seem to only get matched with guys that don't speak English (mostly Russians). Wasn't as bad before 6.81 but now it's getting a bit annoying.

Having a bit of a Carry lineup for my Compendium challenge will have to work on my last hitting and how to keep up farm.....

Mordeccai

I can't win my Compendium challenge games T_T

I tried to play Visage three times last night, all ended horribly. Fuck this compendium hero.

Would I be better off ignoring my familiars and just playing like I don't have them? I wind up horribly failing micro and piloting my hero where I want the birds to go, which ends up in me getting caught out.

I tried to play Visage three times last night, all ended horribly. Fuck this compendium hero.

Would I be better off ignoring my familiars and just playing like I don't have them? I wind up horribly failing micro and piloting my hero where I want the birds to go, which ends up in me getting caught out.

I like to keep my birds somewhere safe nearby(like in the trees), so I can use them whenever I feel like it or if I'm dead, it's not that hard to get some good stuns in. Visage is a pretty good hero even without the birds, especially early game.

Quesa

Thanks to satch and a GWJ friend, I got my invo and pudge wins.

Rerolled morph...

for Spirit Breaker. I can work with this.

elyetis

On the one hand, its annoying. On the other hand, you can just kill them and it takes 5 minutes to make each set, in which time brew has to kill him self and doesn't have his ult available.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/667565336

On a decent game it would be manageable, but the score you are seeing is with me PA being hardlane while the huskar was the easylane ( who went power thread, urn then satanic ), a mirana mid pretty much no gank ( did maybe 4 decent arrow total ? ) and a friend playing Earth spirit for the compendium while absolutly not knowing how to play him. That Brew build was just the icing on the cake, I'm pretty sure I could have dealt with a more 'normal' build.
Not that I think I did that well with PA either anyway, I should have had far more farm on that hardlane with better use of my dagger.

Randdalf

Didn't look at the replay to see what are the exact steps, but it's done with a bloodstone ( by killing himself I think ), I'm guessing killing yourself just as you use you ult or something like that.

I'm trying it now in a test lobby, haven't managed to replicate it yet.

elyetis

/my usual hero rant

I guess it was worth it not to have new hero update, for a 'cleaning'/bugfix update, so I could still wast time by such bug abuse.

elyetis

That's a pretty serious bug. Sheesh.
Luckily now loading screens no longer appear blurry if texture quality is turned down in video options, it changed my life.

Watching the replay, it's something to do with the Lone Druid bear, this isn't just doable with a Brewmaster on his own I don't think.
Yeah you need to share your unit with lone druid to do that bug. ( ie Mohasus link )

Randdalf

Watching the replay, it's something to do with the Lone Druid bear, this isn't just doable with a Brewmaster on his own I don't think.

Luckily now loading screens no longer appear blurry if texture quality is turned down in video options, it changed my life.

They fixed all the major known bugs. It's not worth getting upset about an obscure bug, no matter how serious, if nobody knew about it until recently.

fallagin

What I do is just hide them in the trees somewhere that a team battle might start then bring em in for the stun.

Island

Who wants to help me out with a Fantasy League ticket? I don't know what I am doing really, besides it kinda being like a hockey pool and I know some of the main players. (Dendi, etc.)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
been playing a lot of axe recently, nothings feels better than multiple culling blades in a row. Slowly working my way up ranked again, lets see if i can regain my lost 600 mmr.

I asked this question earlier, but it was posted at the bottom of an old page so it didn't get answered.

What do you guys think about getting soul ring on Warlock? It's not in the default build or any guides I can find, but it sounds pretty good on paper. Combined with shadow word, you get 15/125/235/345 hp and 60/40/20/0 mana every 30 seconds, plus 3 hp and +50% mana regen per second. This would give you great hp regen, decent mana regen, and emergency mana to cast your expensive spells. It would allow you to keep your lane partner sustained with shadow word, or save him from a gank with shadow word or upheaval. All in all, it seems soul ring provides great value to a hero with a big heal and large mana costs like Warlock.

Also, why do people recommend skilling Fatal Bonds early? I would think your other spells have more functionality early game - Shadow Word is a more powerful harass from level 2 onwards, doesn't push the lane, has less mana cost and cooldown, and can be used to sustain yourself and your lane partner or keep him alive during a gank. Upheaval makes it harder for enemies to flee when ganked, or to chase when ganking your lane partner. All the while, Fatal bonds doesn't really scale up until the laning phase ends and people start moving in groups.

Artanisix

I asked this question earlier, but it was posted at the bottom of an old page so it didn't get answered.

Also, why do people recommend skilling Fatal Bonds early? I would think your other spells have more functionality early game - Shadow Word is a more powerful harass from level 2 onwards, doesn't push the lane, has less mana cost and cooldown, and can be used to sustain yourself and your lane partner or keep him alive during a gank. Upheaval makes it harder for enemies to flee when ganked, or to chase when ganking your lane partner. All the while, Fatal bonds doesn't really scale up until the laning phase ends and people start moving in groups.

While warlock isn't that mana-intensive as a hero, Soul Ring is fine until you're more comfortable with managing your mana.

I completely disagree with the Fatal Bonds build as well, I think maxing Upheaval first is the way to go, as it is an absolutely disgusting AOE slow at medium range. Shadow Word max second, Fatal Bonds can be built up as midgame comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom