• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

I asked this question earlier, but it was posted at the bottom of an old page so it didn't get answered.

Also, why do people recommend skilling Fatal Bonds early? I would think your other spells have more functionality early game - Shadow Word is a more powerful harass from level 2 onwards, doesn't push the lane, has less mana cost and cooldown, and can be used to sustain yourself and your lane partner or keep him alive during a gank. Upheaval makes it harder for enemies to flee when ganked, or to chase when ganking your lane partner. All the while, Fatal bonds doesn't really scale up until the laning phase ends and people start moving in groups.

Warlocks heal is the shittest heal in the game. You should skip it imo except in VERY specific circumstances

Fatal Bonds is insanely strong though, and Upheaval is one of the most OP team fight spells in the game

Casting bonds on an enemy and getting 2 or 3 creeps linked as well will usually scare them a bit and lets you harass them without drawing aggro

Upheaval has a 1200 cast range. Thats +/- half your screen away. Pretty crazy

I'd say take 3 in bonds, 2 in upheaval and 1 in ult at lvl 6. You can make your own choices from there

elyetis

Also, why do people recommend skilling Fatal Bonds early? I would think your other spells have more functionality early game - Shadow Word is a more powerful harass from level 2 onwards, doesn't push the lane, has less mana cost and cooldown, and can be used to sustain yourself and your lane partner or keep him alive during a gank. Upheaval makes it harder for enemies to flee when ganked, or to chase when ganking your lane partner. All the while, Fatal bonds doesn't really scale up until the laning phase ends and people start moving in groups.
Fatal bond build is mostly about that maxed fatal bond by lvl7 for a far more effective ult ( the difference between ult, or fatal bond followed by ult, is huge if there is enough ennemy ( hero or creep ).
I think i never -not- went fatal bond, but I do switch between Upheaval or shadow word depending of the game, Upheaval is such an underestimated skill, for offense and defence.

That Pudge bug is nuts. I guess he's not picked in comp so it snuck by, but he's in so many pub games...
It's really hard to notice, I'm honestly surprised someone found out about it. You rarely, if ever, get into a situation in which Rot is the only damage you and Pudge take.

Twitch is being really awful for me today, anyone else having issues? (Europe)

Mine's kinda fucked up

Quesa

I bet this will be the fountain hooking of this year fro Navi. And still get second!

That would require an LD and Brew pick, for someone to build a mediocre item for spirit bear, and for a pro team to not kill all three spirits. Also in the late game it gimps Brew even more than his current skillset. This also assumes Valve won't fix it soon. I've eaten my words before though.

Thanks for the input on Warlock everyone! It seems upheaval is a sure investment, but now I've got to make a decision between shadow word and fatal bonds. I guess I'll run with my shadow word + soul ring build for a while and see how it goes.

Bad7667

Have any of you guys lost a game because your pugna keeps saving the enemies most important heroes with decrep?

The amount of times heroes were able to get in positions because of that spell. With 3 of our heroes being right click only it was infuriating how much our teammate was helping the other team.

Kioshen

With a big help from Granadier and Satch I got another one on the board. So far I like that forced 50% Valve has implemented
2-2

Any suggestion for an easy to pick up and play on my compendium list ?

• Slark
  • Venomancer
  • Bloodseeker
  • Drow Ranger
  • Medusa
  • Tusk
  • Puck
  • Phoenix
  • Nyx Assassin
  • Chaos Knight

Kalnos

Banned
Have any of you guys lost a game because your pugna keeps saving the enemies most important heroes with decrep?

The amount of times heroes were able to get in positions because of that spell. With 3 of our heroes being right click only it was infuriating how much our teammate was helping the other team.

Never with Pugna. About 1000x with OD and SD though.

Mohasus

With a big help from Granadier and Satch I got another one on the board. So far I like that forced 50% Valve has implemented
2-2

• Slark
  • Venomancer
  • Bloodseeker
  • Drow Ranger
  • Medusa
  • Tusk
  • Puck
  • Phoenix
  • Nyx Assassin
  • Chaos Knight

Bloodseeker and drow ranger are pretty easy. Unlike what most people think, drow can do lots of damage even without items, you just need levels.

2-2

• Slark
  • Venomancer
  • Bloodseeker
  • Drow Ranger
  • Medusa
  • Tusk
  • Puck
  • Phoenix
  • Nyx Assassin
  • Chaos Knight

Drow, Bloodseeker and CK are all easy enough to play.

Demoli

It rarely happens with pugna since it's a rare pick in pubs, but OD and SD are a plague for this. OD can comletely save blink dagger heroes with his imprisionment, and just today i played with the absolute worst SD ever.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

No, because I'm the best Pugna in the world. My Pugna is almost as good as my Earth Spirit.

I wonder what the invited teams are up to? Dendi Solo-Streams all day, SingSing is in the GD house. If I had the chance of winning a few Million bucks I would be training my ass off with 12 hours of Dota per day and would expect the same from my 4 buddies I rely on.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I should have a free sub from winning that GB thing.

Too bad I'm too lazy to redeem it.

Nymerio

Never with a Pugna, but just recently I played with an OD who completely fucked us over with his imprisonments. There were no reasons whatsoever to use it but he just had to use it on whoever was around so they were saved by incoming tps or blink daggers cooling down.

Warlocks heal is the shittest heal in the game. You should skip it imo except in VERY specific circumstances

Fatal Bonds is insanely strong though, and Upheaval is one of the most OP team fight spells in the game

Casting bonds on an enemy and getting 2 or 3 creeps linked as well will usually scare them a bit and lets you harass them without drawing aggro

Upheaval has a 1200 cast range. Thats +/- half your screen away. Pretty crazy

I'd say take 3 in bonds, 2 in upheaval and 1 in ult at lvl 6. You can make your own choices from there

Although casting a warlock heal on an enemy can get kills early on when they could have escaped back to base once they made it past their tower.

Just thought they should allow a buff for warlock to cast bonds on allies so he could then cast his heal to heal up the party. Would this make him to op? It would create a strategy choice to use bonds for defense or offense as well. Currently he feels he could use a little extra power since he is underused so much.

Aselith

That would require an LD and Brew pick, for someone to build a mediocre item for spirit bear, and for a pro team to not kill all three spirits. Also in the late game it gimps Brew even more than his current skillset. This also assumes Valve won't fix it soon. I've eaten my words before though.

Desperate times, brah. Desperate times.

M.D

ranked cd

"give me dragon knight and its gg"

builds an ac instead of a bkb against a team with zeus, earthshaker and tidehunter
sells platemail (after the 10 second duration) when i point out how dumb that is

gg indeed

Ketch

Fatal bonds is global. Max bonds and shadow word together, 1 value point in upheaval maybe.

Bonds the whole team and dot the scariest dude. It's a lot damage.

By the time you get to cast upheaval the fights probably over or you should be running away.

Artanisix

Fatal bonds is global. Max bonds and shadow word together, 1 value point in upheaval maybe.

Bonds the whole team and dot the scariest dude. It's a lot damage.

By the time you get to cast upheaval the fights probably over or you should be running away.

By the time you get in range to Shadow Word an enemy you are probably the object of focus. Better to max Upheaval and position yourself on the outside of fight to completely cripple the enemy team.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Can someone explain what games the Fantasy League is going to be based off of? TI4 only? Qualifiers? (A lot of my team is not in qualifiers).
Why does it start tomorrow?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can someone explain what games the Fantasy League is going to be based off of? TI4 only? Qualifiers? (A lot of my team is not in qualifiers).
Why does it start tomorrow?

Every Game between now and the end of TI4. So good luck predicting which teams play the most.

Glix

Pugna question. In a "normal" situation, if LC duels someone (that she will win without interference), should I decrep my guy or the LC?

Of course if I have a team of all nukers I decrep LC, but I'm thinking of a more normal situation.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pugna question. In a "normal" situation, if LC duels someone (that she will win without interference), should I decrep my guy or the LC?

Of course if I have a team of all nukers I decrep LC, but I'm thinking of a more normal situation.
LC, it also slows.

Ketch

Every Game between now and the end of TI4. So good luck predicting which teams play the most.

Yea like where the fuck are you supposed to go to figure out when what games are scheduled to take place?

Save us CyborgMatt you're our only hope.

You can look in the "watch games" tab of the dota client to see what tournaments are on going, and you can find them on team liquid website, but there's no like upcoming schedule.

Edit: Like for instance, how do you figure out who is playing in the D2CL tomorrow? I can't find it anywhere

Einbroch

Banned
Witch Doctor is everything a good support should be.

Hard CC? Check.
Heal? Check.
KS-ability? Check x2.

bestsupportbestvoicebestbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom